Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree1Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Women's Dance Styles > Jingle Dancing Calling All Jingle Dress Dancers - Healing - Calling All Jingle Dress Dancers - Healing -

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-16-2008, 10:22 PM   #41
PowWows.com Addicts

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
ojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond repute
ojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeemom06 View Post
I am not a jingle dancer yet but am working on it. My husband recently was diagnosed with some mental health issues that we need great prayers for. I can't dance for him until I finish the proper process for becoming a jingle dancer but please, pray for him and keep our family in your thoughts.
Cherokeemom, I hope and pray all is well for your hubby.

ojibwaysweetie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-16-2008, 10:22 PM   #42
PowWows.com Addicts

ojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond repute
ojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond repute
I'm designing and creating and sewing some new stuff!

Anyone else?

Old 03-24-2008, 12:12 PM   #43
PowWows.com Addicts

How was everyone's easter weekend? Hoping all was good and wishing you all a happy upcoming spring.

Not to go into too much detail, but do any of you jingle dress dancers have spring ceremonies? Feasts?

Old 03-24-2008, 12:44 PM   #44
YOU KNOW YOU LOVE THIS...

Items Treasure ChestElephantElephantTreasure Chest
Migiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond repute
Migiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,828.87
Savings: 1.00
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojibwaysweetie View Post

Anyone else?
lol well off topic of the jingle. i am starting my son's dress here very soon.

i am running things around in my head about a day planner book. i had started one years ago....you know how that goes.
anyway, some strange stuff went down, and i lost all forward motion with that piece. i really want a cover, so i am going to start another.

my sister and i are starting her daughters first lil dress, we just have to check on the colors.

my daughter is planning the colors for her dress, and she will start hers prolly next month. i taught her the same way i was, you even make your own shirt. lol, her first one was a lil off, but she was so proud of it.

she was thinking of jingle this year, but not yet.

knocked off a couple barrettes, cause i need some cash.

ummm, that is about it for me right now.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:43 PM   #45
Jingling mommy....

cherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 451.00
Just got done with the patterns for the applique on my jingle dress and the rough sketches for it. Now I just gotta find the extra money to buy the material and jingles...anyone need beadwork? LOL
cherokeemom06 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-01-2008, 12:31 AM   #46
PowWows.com Addicts

~Prayers for a cousin of mine who was sent to Toronto Mt Sinai Hospital today~

Old 04-01-2008, 12:41 AM   #47
PowWows.com Addicts

At the Mount Pleasant spring powwow, the committee had a Jingle Dress special held in honouring the "earth hour". I was happy to be a part of that dance. The lights in the dance area were turned off and we danced/prayed for mother earth and in hope that more and more people will take a stand against global warming...for communities and individuals to make those simple changes that will collectively make a difference like turning off our appliances and our lights when not needed.

So if this is your last reply to powwows.com for the night, please turn off your computer.

Old 04-06-2008, 07:48 AM   #48
PowWows.com Addicts

Springtime has arrived. Finally, after what seems like a long six months of ice and snow, we can see the grass here in my neck of the woods. Spring time is a special season as we believe mother earth is awakening and bringing forth the warmth, the buds and flowers and birds, etc.

Do any of you do anything special with your dresses this time of year?

Old 04-26-2008, 10:24 PM   #49
PowWows.com Addicts

Evacuations

I am asking all you jingle dress dancers to remember the Cree people of Fort Albany and Kasechewan and Attiwapiskat...in northern Ontario. Their communities are dealing with heavy flooding and evacuations. Elders have been flown to our town, where the Friendship Centre is the lead Native organization to coordinate medical services, identification, etc etc etc. Please remember them in your prayers, and while you dance that the Creator look after them and keep them all safe...elders, families, children and babies. A very scary time for them all.

Old 05-22-2008, 11:32 PM   #50
Gotz ta be me!

Singing Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond repute
Singing Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 1.00
Quote:

Anyone else?
Hey how's it going? I've been gone for a bit. Had a long semester and took a quick vacation now I'm back on the grind. I'm going to work on a few things (some sewing and some beadwork) lol Hopefully it goes well.
Old 05-26-2008, 07:02 AM   #51
PowWows.com Addicts

Going okay here Otter. Good to see you and welcome back, girl!

I'm working on one of my daughter's stuff right now, beadwork and a new dress. Lots been happening as of late, but I still manage to get a few stitches in here and there. LOL.

Of course, "Mama's" stuff always waits until their's is done.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:45 PM   #52
2012Amy

2012amy is a splendid one to behold2012amy is a splendid one to behold2012amy is a splendid one to behold2012amy is a splendid one to behold
Thoughts and Prayers

I know I am a new dancer here, but I wanted to share my positive thoughts with the fellow dancers, families, and people through out the world. I have been praying for my dress and for other dancers. I have been made witness to the power of prayer over the last year and it has really helped me through hard times. I will keep you all in my prayers through out my days and I hope you do the same for me! Thank you! ~amy~
2012amy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-30-2008, 01:37 AM   #53
PowWows.com Addicts

My brother is having triple bypass heart surgery tomorrow.

Say a prayer for him, please.

Miigwetch

Old 07-30-2008, 09:07 AM   #54
Jingling mommy....

cherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond reputecherokeemom06 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Miigwetch
My prayers are with you.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:32 PM   #55
Fancy Dancer at heart

edmontonnativemommy is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello ladies,

I am a former fancy dancer and am in the process of changing to Jingle. Will be dancing next year as most of my ceremonies and dress will be complete.

I am asking for prayer for a couple of things. My 15 year old daughter is an alcoholic. I have worked very hard in the last year to help her with this disease and the only thing that has worked so far has been dancing. I started her on the path of dancing when i started sweating her and bringing her to the sundances. She is a jingle dancer and i am afraid that she is still so vulnerable to making the choice to drink. I would like to pray for strenth for her and for patience for myself.

Finally my grandmother who raised me has been very sick lately. I know not to be selfish and want to keep her here forever but i dont want to see her in the pain she's been in. My Grandmother is a pure and beautiful spirit, she is a Kokum to many and very highly respected. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.
edmontonnativemommy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-01-2008, 10:51 PM   #56
PowWows.com Addicts

Thanks for sharing, nativemommy. And good to hear you are making the switch :).

Fifteen years of age for a daughter is a very tender and vulnerable time in their lives. They can very easily get influenced by peer pressure, wanting to grow up too fast, and very easy to get caught up in alcohol and drugs. I am raising my third and last daughter who is 17. So, I am speaking from a lot of experience in raising daughters. Went through that adolescent stage and other very serious trials and tribulations, and it is difficult!

Ya wonder where young kids get the alcohol from. From older friends who buy it, or they steal it from places, but they are usually always successful at getting it somewhere. With the increased alcohol consumption, our teens experience impaired mobility, and impaired judgement control over emotions, and that is a scarey deal for us Mamas.

When our daughters are hurt or traumatized in any way, whether that be an argument or fight, a sexual assault, drugs, alcohol............as their Mothers, we are secondary victims! And we remain that way until the issue is totally resolved.

Our teen daughters are a very special species for they are the women of tomorrow. The older generation, aunties, uncles, family members ALL have a responsibility to care and support our teenage daughters, to set a GOOD EXAMPLE and be a good role model. If we know our teens are going astray, let's talk to them in a good way. Remember, outside of our homes, we are representing our families.

In our dances, let's remember our teens, the future generation for generations to come. Let's ask and pray for a good balance, emotional, mental, physical and spiritual for our daughters (and sons too) along with guidance.

Mii awe!

Old 08-11-2008, 02:49 PM   #57
Teen Dancer

ABENEWA KWE is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:

Miigwetch
Boozhoo!!

How's ya brother doing??? I hope all is well with you, him and the rest of your fam.

God bless
"When the forest weeps, the Anishinabe who listens will look back at the years. In each generation of Ojibway there will be a person who will hear the si-si-gwa-d, who will listen and remember and pass it on to the children."

"Night Flying Woman"

ABENEWA KWE is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-11-2008, 07:13 PM   #58
PowWows.com Addicts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABENEWA KWE View Post
Boozhoo!!

How's ya brother doing??? I hope all is well with you, him and the rest of your fam.

God bless
Boozhoo Abenewa,

Well it was a 6 hour surgery. But he is home now with his good woman, and resting and eating healthy meals. Will take a while, but he is on his way to a positive recovery. The rest of us are goot, Miigwetch for asking.

Wishing you and yours the best!

Old 09-02-2008, 12:33 PM   #59
Jingling mommy....

Osiyo girls,
I need prayers in the worst way. My baby boy grabbed ahold of our propane burner this weekend while we were at a powwow. He's got second degree burns over his palms and fingers on both hands. Please, please pray for him and us. We met with a plastic surgeon yesterday and it doesn't look like he'll have to have surgery but we don't know for sure yet.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:19 PM   #60
Halito!

New2itall has a reputation beyond reputeNew2itall has a reputation beyond reputeNew2itall has a reputation beyond reputeNew2itall has a reputation beyond reputeNew2itall has a reputation beyond reputeNew2itall has a reputation beyond reputeNew2itall has a reputation beyond reputeNew2itall has a reputation beyond reputeNew2itall has a reputation beyond reputeNew2itall has a reputation beyond reputeNew2itall has a reputation beyond reputeNew2itall has a reputation beyond reputeNew2itall has a reputation beyond reputeNew2itall has a reputation beyond reputeNew2itall has a reputation beyond reputeNew2itall has a reputation beyond reputeNew2itall has a reputation beyond reputeNew2itall has a reputation beyond repute
Another one of those non-dancers that loves to read the wonderful support you ladies are providing to each other! My prayers are with you all, and especially for baby Cherokeemom. It is so hard to deal with a baby in pain!

Janis Joplin
New2itall is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links