Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Women's Dance Styles > Jingle Dancing Could use some prayers Could use some prayers

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-18-2009, 09:57 AM   #1
Pow Wow Visitor

Items Present
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
NCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,322.89
Savings: 0.00
Could use some prayers

So some of you have seen me around here posting when I get stuck with my jingle dresses when i'm sewing away or when i'm in the beading section. I haven't been around in quite sometime on here because I been going through alot since late march. This past weekend was the first time I danced since the beginning of march. Late march I got sick with one my migraines and I was recovering from that for 4 weeks. Then the beginning of may one morning I woke up in the most horrible pain and I could barely get out of bed to get ready for work. Well it had continued all week long and it was making me really sick. So I went into the doctor and seen the nurse practinor which she did hardly nothing. Well a week later I ended up calling back and demanded to see my real doctor because the pain was so bad. So I got in right away and seen her. I have a sciatic nerve problem but instead of being right in my nerve its more in the bone and the pain is horrible. But this past weekend I finally got out there and danced in my first pow wow since beginning of march and it didn't seem to bother me too bad. And i'm just now finishing up another dress I started back in febuary to have it already. I've been back home for a while and I start school soon and looking forward too it. But from one jingle dress dancer to another I could really use your prayers right now. The pain still comes and goes here and there (specially when it rains/thunderstorms).
NCheyGirl22 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-18-2009, 11:58 AM   #2
The bear is out!

Items DevilTree
Tibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond repute
Tibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,915.95
Other than just the prayers, be kind to yourself and get yourself a potted lavender plant, for some reason the plant has oils in it that deters migraines.

I also get them and without my bundles of dried lavender flowers and lavender oil I would be lost. The oil you just put a dab under your nose and breathe it! It helps me a lot! The dried blossoms I have in kleenex and fold it and keep it inside my pillow case.
Hope that this helps you as well as it did me.
My prayers are with you too.

It is the year of the bear, I am sharpening my claws and will no longer tollerate harrassment.

Born in Winnipeg raised in the Pikwakanagan, Deutschland was never home! Army brat that had no choice in a parents duties to home and country. I Too Serve our flag and work for the uniform.
Stand behind our troops or stand IN FRONT of them.
Tibiki Kinew is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-23-2009, 04:45 PM   #3
Gotz ta be me!

Singing Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond repute
Singing Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 1.00
Dang. My thoughts are definitely with you. I know what you mean. Depending on where the pain is, you can try moist heat. I have alot of pain in my hips and legs at times and this has helped alot. My joints shift and press on various nerves and the pain is unbelievable.

You can try a spray called Cool-n-fit. This stuff is awesome. I use it everywhere.

And if you have muscle cramps or pain try this Indian herbal cooling oil called Navratna Plus. The scent is a little strong BUT it is pretty awesome when it comes to muscle issues. It says that it's for the scalp and I use it for that too. It has menthol and a bunch of other oils. It helps with my migraines but if you're one of the ones that gets sensitive to smells be careful. I love this for all muscle and other soft tissue pain.

*hugs* Hope you get to feeling better.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:47 PM   #4
Gotz ta be me!

Singing Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond repute
Singing Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond repute
Tibiki Kinew, I love the smell of Lavender but I never thought to use this for migraines. Thanks. I'm going to have to try this out.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:21 AM   #5
The bear is out!

Items DevilTree
Tibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond repute
Tibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,915.95
Lavender Oil is one of Grandmothers teachings, I listened! Since 1993 I suffer from nasty stretches of migraines in clusters and I would be hiding in a dark room for weeks. Now overnight sleep is relaxing with the lavender.
I now keep a bag of blossoms handy, in fact I put them into a small bead size zip lock and have it with me! The just in case factor.
There is also another product out there called China Oil or China Balsam (gel), it is awesome for pain relief, in fact one gal swears by it when she goes out on her 40 k hikes with her back pack,,,, stiff and sore she puts it on after and puurrrrrs!

It is the year of the bear, I am sharpening my claws and will no longer tollerate harrassment.

Born in Winnipeg raised in the Pikwakanagan, Deutschland was never home! Army brat that had no choice in a parents duties to home and country. I Too Serve our flag and work for the uniform.
Stand behind our troops or stand IN FRONT of them.
Tibiki Kinew is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-29-2009, 10:33 AM   #6
Kenna

Kenna_17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCheyGirl22 View Post
So some of you have seen me around here posting when I get stuck with my jingle dresses when i'm sewing away or when i'm in the beading section. I haven't been around in quite sometime on here because I been going through alot since late march. This past weekend was the first time I danced since the beginning of march. Late march I got sick with one my migraines and I was recovering from that for 4 weeks. Then the beginning of may one morning I woke up in the most horrible pain and I could barely get out of bed to get ready for work. Well it had continued all week long and it was making me really sick. So I went into the doctor and seen the nurse practinor which she did hardly nothing. Well a week later I ended up calling back and demanded to see my real doctor because the pain was so bad. So I got in right away and seen her. I have a sciatic nerve problem but instead of being right in my nerve its more in the bone and the pain is horrible. But this past weekend I finally got out there and danced in my first pow wow since beginning of march and it didn't seem to bother me too bad. And i'm just now finishing up another dress I started back in febuary to have it already. I've been back home for a while and I start school soon and looking forward too it. But from one jingle dress dancer to another I could really use your prayers right now. The pain still comes and goes here and there (specially when it rains/thunderstorms).
I have prayed for you and I will continue to pray for you. God bless you.
Kenna_17 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-25-2009, 08:36 PM   #7
Head Dancer

Lakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Lakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,765.68
will keep you in my prayers...

I'm not crazy I'm jus a little impaired I know right now you don't care but soon enough you're gonna think of me and how I used to be I'm not crazy jus a little unwell...-matchbox 20
Lakota_winyan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-26-2009, 09:34 AM   #8
NorthOfAda's Daughter

Shoteka has a reputation beyond reputeShoteka has a reputation beyond reputeShoteka has a reputation beyond repute
Shoteka has a reputation beyond reputeShoteka has a reputation beyond reputeShoteka has a reputation beyond reputeShoteka has a reputation beyond reputeShoteka has a reputation beyond reputeShoteka has a reputation beyond reputeShoteka has a reputation beyond reputeShoteka has a reputation beyond reputeShoteka has a reputation beyond reputeShoteka has a reputation beyond reputeShoteka has a reputation beyond reputeShoteka has a reputation beyond reputeShoteka has a reputation beyond reputeShoteka has a reputation beyond reputeShoteka has a reputation beyond reputeShoteka has a reputation beyond reputeShoteka has a reputation beyond reputeShoteka has a reputation beyond reputeShoteka has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 433.98
Oh, wow. I'm so sorry. :(
At least the pain has mostly gone away.
I'll defnitely be praying for you!
I hope you get well soon.
Shoteka is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-26-2009, 07:58 PM   #9
Story Seeker

Flying_Raven has a reputation beyond reputeFlying_Raven has a reputation beyond reputeFlying_Raven has a reputation beyond reputeFlying_Raven has a reputation beyond reputeFlying_Raven has a reputation beyond reputeFlying_Raven has a reputation beyond reputeFlying_Raven has a reputation beyond reputeFlying_Raven has a reputation beyond reputeFlying_Raven has a reputation beyond reputeFlying_Raven has a reputation beyond reputeFlying_Raven has a reputation beyond reputeFlying_Raven has a reputation beyond reputeFlying_Raven has a reputation beyond reputeFlying_Raven has a reputation beyond reputeFlying_Raven has a reputation beyond reputeFlying_Raven has a reputation beyond reputeFlying_Raven has a reputation beyond reputeFlying_Raven has a reputation beyond reputeFlying_Raven has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,113.48
I too shall keep you in my prayers. I hope your migraines subside and the pain leaves you.
Old 11-27-2009, 02:02 AM   #10
Powwows.com Princess

Items Panda
ugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond repute
ugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,530.89
awww

I'm sorry to hear that. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCheyGirl22 View Post
ugidali is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-03-2010, 09:40 AM   #11
Pow Wow Visitor

Items Present
NCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,322.89
Thank you all for the prayers. I know I haven't been around here in a very long time. School has kept me very very busy. I have one more week then I am on summer break. My migraines have been down alot, infact i've only had one since then and it was a really small one and i've had headaches here and there.

Unfortunally i'm unable to dance jingle anymore, it got to much on my body with my sciatia problems and was putting my body in more pain then I needed so I switched so cloth full time. I had some problems towards the end of last year with my sciatia that I just did not need but I am definatly looking forward to the powwows this summer with my family. :)
NCheyGirl22 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links