Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Women's Dance Styles > Jingle Dancing gathering of nations: jingle dancers gathering of nations: jingle dancers

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-29-2003, 02:18 PM   #1
Junior Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
beefy_cheefy is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
gathering of nations: jingle dancers

Hey ladies, are you all ready for gathering of nations???? man I hope I do better than I did last year....well any ways,
who all is going?
who has new dresses?
who do you think is gonna do good in both teens and womens jingle?:Chatter :D
beefy_cheefy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-02-2003, 06:48 PM   #2
Junior Dancer

Blodge_singa_4_life is a jewel in the rough
welll gosh!! i aint ready...gotta get my butt in shape still..*L*...well yeah i am going to have two new dresses for hat pow wow....cant wait to see all my friends....well i dont know...it is hard to say who is all going to place there....a lot of good dancers....evette...jeniffer Youngbird...B.J should be all in there....hmmm to hard to say..*L*...i'll get back to you on that one:P
Blodge_singa_4_life is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-09-2003, 11:19 AM   #3

Cauyleefish is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Leather Jingle Dress

Just a re-intoduction to everyone. My screen name is cauyleefish but those that remember me I'm Tahnee. I have taken the past 4 years off to be a rodeo star and devote more time to helping my "Dougie Pooh" become a PBR bullrider. Through my own horse related injuries, I am off the knee injuries and been rocking-n- rolling on the local level.
I am going to try my new beaded mocc'ies out at the GON'03. I am coming out with a pig suede dress with over 10 gross of Swaorski crystals.I know everyone says LEATHER! Just a heads up it may be a little bit much for the traditional Jinglers out there. However I think it's just a drop in the hat to those that require alot of SHOWMANSHIP. Its just a look at me tactic. Any how I just wanted to tell ya'll and I hope everyone gets to there "getter done's" of dresses and beadwork. Good Luck To All and God Bless!--Tahnee
Quote:
Originally posted by Blodge_singa_4_life
welll gosh!! i aint ready...gotta get my butt in shape still..*L*...well yeah i am going to have two new dresses for hat pow wow....cant wait to see all my friends....well i dont know...it is hard to say who is all going to place there....a lot of good dancers....evette...jeniffer Youngbird...B.J should be all in there....hmmm to hard to say..*L*...i'll get back to you on that one:P
:D
Cauyleefish is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-02-2005, 05:46 PM   #4
Jing-a-ling Shook-shook

kiiyaaniiasdzaa is just really nice
jingle dancers

Man this year there were alot of jingle dress dancers, more than I've seen over that past few years.
Just about everyone had new beadwork and awesome dresses. They were jaw dropping.

Some dancers that were there were Tashina John, Terri John, Yvette Ewalk, Acosia of course, Candice Mc Cabe, Tahnee Williams, Ali Denny, Kendra Redhouse, Challis Beetso (dont know her married name), Shannon Beetso, Sharon Eagleman, Bea Jay was not there, Jennifer Youngbear, Willow Jack; more than I could name; but alot.

It was nice to dance with them and before grand entry it was nice that they had us do a side step and a straight song. It was a real pretty sight and the sound...man it was loud. It was a cool GON for the Jingle Dress Dancers.
kiiyaaniiasdzaa is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-02-2005, 06:23 PM   #5
Swan Lake Ojibway

ojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond repute
ojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 241.60
Aaawww.....now I wish I was there.
ojibwaywmn is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-03-2005, 03:21 PM   #6
Powwow dancer

raspberry is an unknown quantity at this point
Acosia Red Elk Leighton Jingle Dress Special

1st Ursaloria Kanuho
2nd Kendra Redhouse
3rd Ursala Kanuho Windyboy
4th Willow Jack
5th Jennifer Bird
6th Jennifer Youngbear

Lots of dancers in the special, awesome dancing!!
Way to go ladies!;)
raspberry is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-12-2005, 09:02 PM   #7
Tiny Tot Dancer

ndn_thyme has a brilliant futurendn_thyme has a brilliant futurendn_thyme has a brilliant futurendn_thyme has a brilliant futurendn_thyme has a brilliant futurendn_thyme has a brilliant futurendn_thyme has a brilliant futurendn_thyme has a brilliant futurendn_thyme has a brilliant future
went to GON & liked watching the contemporary dancers, but there was no luv for the trad./orig. style of jingle. wish GON would do a reg. category for them, give them the props they deserve for keepin' it real. seemz like they don't even bother coming now. only saw maybe 2 or 3, wish even one of them would have got in just so there was some respect shown for that style. guess, i gotta go up north where they still remember what the dance is all about & appropriate protocols. no spinning, no wild moves, no passing the other dancers during the side step or steps not too wide, just alot of gracefulness. i'd even like to see a separate category for contemporary grass & original grass dancers. then maybe the young ones would learn. I'm not hatin' on the contemps tho, Acosia had the moves and Jen was still unique!! congrats to those ladies!
ndn_thyme is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-13-2005, 05:54 PM   #8
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,554.70
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndn_thyme
went to GON & liked watching the contemporary dancers, but there was no luv for the trad./orig. style of jingle. wish GON would do a reg. category for them, give them the props they deserve for keepin' it real. seemz like they don't even bother coming now. only saw maybe 2 or 3, wish even one of them would have got in just so there was some respect shown for that style. guess, i gotta go up north where they still remember what the dance is all about & appropriate protocols. no spinning, no wild moves, no passing the other dancers during the side step or steps not too wide, just alot of gracefulness. i'd even like to see a separate category for contemporary grass & original grass dancers. then maybe the young ones would learn. I'm not hatin' on the contemps tho, Acosia had the moves and Jen was still unique!! congrats to those ladies!

Old 05-13-2005, 11:13 PM   #9
Senior Dancer

powwow person has a reputation beyond repute
powwow person has a reputation beyond reputepowwow person has a reputation beyond reputepowwow person has a reputation beyond reputepowwow person has a reputation beyond reputepowwow person has a reputation beyond reputepowwow person has a reputation beyond reputepowwow person has a reputation beyond reputepowwow person has a reputation beyond reputepowwow person has a reputation beyond reputepowwow person has a reputation beyond reputepowwow person has a reputation beyond reputepowwow person has a reputation beyond reputepowwow person has a reputation beyond reputepowwow person has a reputation beyond reputepowwow person has a reputation beyond reputepowwow person has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoMe

yup
powwow person is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-14-2005, 11:15 AM   #10
PowWows.com Addicts

Roobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by Roobz; 08-28-2007 at 02:40 AM..
Roobz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-14-2005, 11:46 AM   #11
&a mp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; gt;&a mp;a mp;a mp;a mp;a mp;a mp; amp;amp; amp;amp; amp;gt;: +:&a m p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;

Mr Oakley has a reputation beyond repute
Mr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond reputeMr Oakley has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 590.00
Savings: 1.00
Thumbs up

Quote:
but there was no luv for the trad./orig. style of jingle. wish GON would do a reg. category for them, give them the props they deserve for keepin' it real. seemz like they don't even bother coming now. only saw maybe 2 or 3, wish even one of them would have got in just so there was some respect shown for that style. guess, i gotta go up north where they still remember what the dance is all about & appropriate protocols. no spinning, no wild moves, no passing the other dancers during the side step or steps not too wide, just alot of gracefulness. i'd even like to see a separate category for contemporary grass & original grass dancers. then maybe the young ones would learn. I'm not hatin' on the contemps tho, Acosia had the moves and Jen was still unique!!

I think the same thing, but just didn't feel like typing all that ha.
Mr Oakley is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-17-2005, 10:07 PM   #12
I are an aunt

native_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 503.00
Savings: 1.00
yeah man give us old stylers a chance man...i feel all funny when i dance in the contempt i dance contemp mainly cause there is no catagory for me when i do go to contest pow wows...but its fun to watch contemp do their thang, makes me wish i didnt have the teachings so i could move like that, i really like watching willow, jennifer young bear and sharon eagleman dance though, they make them jingles sound like they should.

http://www.myspace.com/anty_tweeb
native_flutterby is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links