PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture (http://forums.powwows.com/)
-   Jingle Dancing (http://forums.powwows.com/f12/)
-   -   gettin' in shape!!! (http://forums.powwows.com/f12/gettin-shape-11148/)

creejingler_71 06-08-2003 08:01 PM

gettin' in shape!!!

Hey there galz!! any-1 have any tips as how 2 get in shape
within a month?? I need help big time!! :cool:

Ginger 06-10-2003 12:06 AM

Hi I lost 23 lbs. in 6 weeks. :Wave

Start by exercising for 30-40 min. 3x a week
weights 2x a week alternate days Tae-Bo basic is great to start off with.
Cut out your sugars, starchy carb & the salty foods
no chips, cookies junk food. don't go to extremes. keep your carbs low.
have a cheat meal 1x a week ( not the whole day) just a cheat meal. eat lots of protein
eat lots of veggies, fruit, eggs & egg whites. chicken & fish, red meat is ok use the leanest of meats. lots of different kinds of salads, have 4-5 mini meals
Be creative if you don't have time to eat all the time have a high protein bar that's low carb.
it's hard at first you'll get it. :Thumbs

BullcreekLdy 06-10-2003 12:55 AM

Heck yea, I cut backon my carb in a huge way started out with under 20 g of carbs for two weeks and 40 after that, i have lost 65lbs between june and Feb. plus I had so much more energy when I started working out it was a lot easier. I need a new set of tae bo tapes though.

Ginger 06-10-2003 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by BullcreekLdy
Heck yea, I cut backon my carb in a huge way started out with under 20 g of carbs for two weeks and 40 after that, i have lost 65lbs between june and Feb. plus I had so much more energy when I started working out it was a lot easier. I need a new set of tae bo tapes though.

All right you go girl :22: congtats.

NDNQt 06-10-2003 08:16 AM

How in the world do you survive without bread? I absolutely love bread and can't bring myself to give it up!

Ginger 06-10-2003 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by NDNQt
How in the world do you survive without bread? I absolutely love bread and can't bring myself to give it up!
You can have bread try whole grain & whole wheat, in moderation like may be 2-3 x a week. not every day. If you can handle it their is a low carb bread also low carb crackers, at health food stores, Todd's garden bread, it's made with grains & soy,kind of chewy good toasted my favorite is the breakfast bread. For crackers Carbo Save.

shorty 06-10-2003 03:30 PM

~lost~

i cant seem to figure these threads out ~

so if anyone can lend a hand? lol
thanx
:rolleyes:

shorty 06-10-2003 03:35 PM

~*i know~*

creejingler_71

*~*~*try running alot ~stretching ~and alot of water it will help u get into shape :)

Ginger 06-10-2003 04:12 PM

Re: ~lost~

Quote:

Originally posted by shorty
i cant seem to figure these threads out ~

so if anyone can lend a hand? lol
thanx
:rolleyes:

that's ok I thread hopping myself :D

Yes creejingler
lots of water I drink about 1/2 a gal. or more a day

BullcreekLdy 06-10-2003 11:23 PM

YES!!! Lots and lots of water, the old fail safe is 8 glasses a day. I found different types of low carb bread and foods. when you go out to eat if you really want to feel like your having a treat you can have most diet sodas. check the carbs on the back. just watch the sugars and aspertayme. That could put a stopper in your weight lose. bUt like Isaid earlier it really give you a lot of energy and that makes it easier to exercise. if you need any help let me know. ;) :)

Ginger 06-10-2003 11:36 PM

diet Rite would be your best choice for a soda to drink, it does not have aspartame. it's also caffeine & sodium free it has many different flavors.:Chatter

Ginger 06-10-2003 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ginger
diet Rite would be your best choice for a soda to drink, it does not have aspartame. it's also caffeine & sodium free it has many different flavors.:Chatter

Diet Rite also has no carbs

BullcreekLdy 06-11-2003 09:29 PM

I have actually tried Diet right. And it was really good the only problem is that I cant find it now. lol I need to look around some more. lol hmmm good good good

Kakeeya 06-18-2003 11:29 AM

I occasionally drink Diet Pepsi and Diet 7-Up, are these bad for you/me if we're dieting? I don't know much about aspertame
(?sp). Thanks, I'm trying to lose weight too but having a real slow start right now.

records_all_drumz 06-18-2003 11:47 AM

A low carb diet is a tough one. But I've seen it work. I would rather try jogging, lifting weights and jumping rope. Also, bust that tape out of your best drum group and dance. I always found out it is best to change up, that way you don't do the same thing everyday.

That low carb diet should be a lifestyle change for many of us, with diabetes looking at a lot of us in the eye. Diet Right is pretty good so is diet slice.

Here are some no-no's: Rice, corn, bread, noodles, chips, any kind of patatoe's..ouch! and no caffeine another ouch. Plus, no beer DAMN!

But lots and lots of protein meaning lots and lots of meat.

couzin_21 06-19-2003 06:56 PM

ALOTA WATER!!!! WATER IS THA KEY!!!!
NO BREADS
NO SUGAR
NO SODA :(
THATS MY BIGGEST PROBLEM!!!! SODA!!! I CANT GIVE IT UP!!*LOL* I HAVE A SODA AT LEAST 1 TIME A DAY!!!!!:Chatter :Chatter :Chatter :Chatter

*Kwe_Zee* 06-20-2003 01:31 AM

OMG 40 carbs! That's too little for me, with running after two small kids, working out every day (with my rest day or two of course), there's no way I could get by on that little of carbs. I watch how many I eat so I'm not eating carbs all day long, but I watch 'em cuz of my touchy blood sugar. I'm a protein freak, it's good for the muskles. :p

~swirlz~ 06-23-2003 11:21 PM

if you are trying to get just skinney try the master cleanser
if you want to get into shape EXCERSIZE EXCERSIZE EXCERSIZE

wyo_rose 06-24-2003 12:16 AM

Low carb eating really works. I've lost 45 pounds since October without really trying. It is hard to give up bread and noodles, but if you eat enough of the protein and veggies you don't feel deprived.

And my energy level is much better. I used to crash after lunch and in the evenings, but now I'm raring to go all day.