Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Women's Dance Styles > Jingle Dancing Going to Germany!!!!!!!!!! Asking for prayer wahh Going to Germany!!!!!!!!!! Asking for prayer wahh

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-23-2008, 02:17 AM   #1
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
gurskea is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Going to Germany!!!!!!!!!! Asking for prayer wahh

Boozhoo-
I am heading out for Germany here in a few weeks along with other dancers to show our style of dancing and the story behind the dancing. I would appreciate some prayer while I am overseas, basically cause I'm scared to death about flying over the ocean. lol
and also that the other dancers and I do a good job on teaching the dance style and story/traditions.
thanks
gurskea is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-31-2008, 08:16 AM   #2
wrapped in ribbonwork!

Czechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond repute
Czechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,732.09
You are in for a great time! My first overseas flight made me nervous too about flying over so much ocean. But even when you are over ocean, you aren't that far from land, so that reassured me a bit. Many international flights have a tracking map at your seat which shows where the plane is along its path. I've been to Austria and really enjoyed it. Do tell us about your trip when you get back.
Czechy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-31-2008, 08:22 AM   #3
The bear is out!

Items DevilTree
Tibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond repute
Tibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,915.95
Hope you have a great time! Think of looking out the window as you fly over our heads! You will be amazed at how beautiful mother earth looks from 55 000 feet up! When you see the sunrise from above the clouds will be a lasting memory all on its own!

So when you dance, thank creator too for receiving the greatest vision ever possible, the curvature of mother earth and how great it truly looks!!!

It is the year of the bear, I am sharpening my claws and will no longer tollerate harrassment.

Born in Winnipeg raised in the Pikwakanagan, Deutschland was never home! Army brat that had no choice in a parents duties to home and country. I Too Serve our flag and work for the uniform.
Stand behind our troops or stand IN FRONT of them.
Tibiki Kinew is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-02-2008, 12:12 AM   #4
Junior Dancer

Mezzobean has a spectacular aura about
I have a 13 yr old godson in Germany and have been there twice. I hope you enjoy the visit and the chance to take your gifts to another land and another people. Go in safety and joy!
Mezzobean is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-03-2008, 12:48 AM   #5
*JiNgLe DaNcEr*

Jingling_In_Stars has a reputation beyond reputeJingling_In_Stars has a reputation beyond repute
Jingling_In_Stars has a reputation beyond reputeJingling_In_Stars has a reputation beyond reputeJingling_In_Stars has a reputation beyond reputeJingling_In_Stars has a reputation beyond reputeJingling_In_Stars has a reputation beyond reputeJingling_In_Stars has a reputation beyond reputeJingling_In_Stars has a reputation beyond reputeJingling_In_Stars has a reputation beyond reputeJingling_In_Stars has a reputation beyond reputeJingling_In_Stars has a reputation beyond reputeJingling_In_Stars has a reputation beyond reputeJingling_In_Stars has a reputation beyond reputeJingling_In_Stars has a reputation beyond reputeJingling_In_Stars has a reputation beyond reputeJingling_In_Stars has a reputation beyond reputeJingling_In_Stars has a reputation beyond reputeJingling_In_Stars has a reputation beyond reputeJingling_In_Stars has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,161.10
Cool

Hi! How long will you be there? I am on my way there in about 3months. I'm in the Air Force and have been stationed here in Japan for the last 3.5 years. And now I'm on my way to Germany for the next 4! Crazy huh?! I can understand how you are afraid to fly, I have done the 13hour flight from Japan about 6-7 times now annnnd I still get scared everytime! Honestly the flights overseas are actually much better than the short stateside flights. You usually have your own individual tv screen and the meals are much better! Well let me know if you need anything!
At some point, you have to make a decision. Boundaries don't keep other people out. They fence you in. Life is messy. That's how we're made. So, you can waste your lives drawing lines. Or you can live your life crossing them. . .
Jingling_In_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-03-2008, 07:45 AM   #6
The bear is out!

Items DevilTree
Tibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond repute
Tibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond repute
Hey there, in the airforce and afraid to fly, isn't that a contradiction!!!

It is the year of the bear, I am sharpening my claws and will no longer tollerate harrassment.

Born in Winnipeg raised in the Pikwakanagan, Deutschland was never home! Army brat that had no choice in a parents duties to home and country. I Too Serve our flag and work for the uniform.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:50 AM   #7
Story Seeker

Flying_Raven has a reputation beyond reputeFlying_Raven has a reputation beyond reputeFlying_Raven has a reputation beyond reputeFlying_Raven has a reputation beyond reputeFlying_Raven has a reputation beyond reputeFlying_Raven has a reputation beyond reputeFlying_Raven has a reputation beyond reputeFlying_Raven has a reputation beyond reputeFlying_Raven has a reputation beyond reputeFlying_Raven has a reputation beyond reputeFlying_Raven has a reputation beyond reputeFlying_Raven has a reputation beyond reputeFlying_Raven has a reputation beyond reputeFlying_Raven has a reputation beyond reputeFlying_Raven has a reputation beyond reputeFlying_Raven has a reputation beyond reputeFlying_Raven has a reputation beyond reputeFlying_Raven has a reputation beyond reputeFlying_Raven has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,113.48
Savings: 1.00
Made the trip to germany and back a few times, like she said its MUCH better then the state side conection flights, and much more comfortable, you also find that they are now where near as intolerant over there, the only caution i have is don't speak about polatics to them, they tend to hate Bush. also depending on where you live, there is heavy distrust between the germans and the arabic members of the country that live there, besure to tell them you are not from the middle east, i had to my first time over there because i was really dark and had dark hair. and be prepared for it to be a tad chilly, unless you already live in the northers US and canada. i went during the summer from hot kinda humid 85 degree weather to a chilly and wet 56
Old 11-03-2008, 09:53 AM   #8
The bear is out!

Items DevilTree
Hey Raven so correct, right now the humidty is way up there in the % and you can actually taste the moisture while you breathe!
I can't say that I miss that part of visiting there!

A good way to show where you are from is wear Native Logo's all over the place!!

Old 11-03-2008, 05:23 PM   #9
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,582.70
I have toured Germany seven times and have had some great experiences. I always made sure my contract was something I agreed with.

Check this out:

Oklahoma dancers press for lawsuit in German court | Indian Country Today | Plains
Old 11-03-2008, 08:02 PM   #10
PowWows.com Addicts

ojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond repute
ojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond repute
Good post, Whome.

I will add my thoughts.

I feel our people shouldn't be going overseas to dance for 'audiences'. I've watched vids of German people, and Norweigan people dancing our dances and I tend to believe that one reason is our people going over there and performing our stuff. and all for the sake of earning extra dollars? It dont' belong over there because our songs and our dances are indigenous to north america, even if just to "showcase". Keep our ways here with our own people. I still get flashbacks of that vid that was posted of those blonde women all dancing jingle and it makes me feel sorry for our dresses and the healing spirits that belong with them. So again......keep our songs and dances here on Anishnabe Akiing (ndn land) where they totally belong.

ojibwaysweetie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-07-2008, 12:30 PM   #11
Pow Wow Visitor

gurskea is a jewel in the rough
here in germany

Well thanks everyone for your posts. I did fine on the flight over here. the turbulence scared the crap out of me though.
I want to make something clear though. We are not over here to show GERMANS the culture, we are here showing the soldiers stationed over here. We are not doing it for money, but for the experience, of just being overseas. We have done one already, and the soldiers and families over here are absolutely thrilled that we are here sharing the culture with them. It makes us as a group feel good.
Migwetch
gurskea is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-07-2008, 12:31 PM   #12
Pow Wow Sweety

molelake2006 has a reputation beyond reputemolelake2006 has a reputation beyond reputemolelake2006 has a reputation beyond reputemolelake2006 has a reputation beyond reputemolelake2006 has a reputation beyond reputemolelake2006 has a reputation beyond reputemolelake2006 has a reputation beyond reputemolelake2006 has a reputation beyond reputemolelake2006 has a reputation beyond reputemolelake2006 has a reputation beyond reputemolelake2006 has a reputation beyond reputemolelake2006 has a reputation beyond reputemolelake2006 has a reputation beyond reputemolelake2006 has a reputation beyond reputemolelake2006 has a reputation beyond reputemolelake2006 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Good luck on your trip gota cuzin overseas there
molelake2006 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links