Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Women's Dance Styles > Jingle Dancing Paid a lady for a dress, she never made it. Paid a lady for a dress, she never made it.

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-06-2011, 02:14 PM   #1
babyblue1128

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
lakota1290 has a reputation beyond reputelakota1290 has a reputation beyond reputelakota1290 has a reputation beyond reputelakota1290 has a reputation beyond reputelakota1290 has a reputation beyond reputelakota1290 has a reputation beyond reputelakota1290 has a reputation beyond reputelakota1290 has a reputation beyond reputelakota1290 has a reputation beyond reputelakota1290 has a reputation beyond reputelakota1290 has a reputation beyond reputelakota1290 has a reputation beyond reputelakota1290 has a reputation beyond reputelakota1290 has a reputation beyond reputelakota1290 has a reputation beyond reputelakota1290 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,001.00
Savings: 0.00

Last edited by lakota1290; 11-08-2011 at 11:38 PM..
lakota1290 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-06-2011, 03:00 PM   #2
Giimoojaabe

David  has a reputation beyond repute David  has a reputation beyond repute David  has a reputation beyond repute David  has a reputation beyond repute David  has a reputation beyond repute David  has a reputation beyond repute David  has a reputation beyond repute David  has a reputation beyond repute David  has a reputation beyond repute David  has a reputation beyond repute David  has a reputation beyond repute David  has a reputation beyond repute David  has a reputation beyond repute David  has a reputation beyond repute David  has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,104.62
wow dude that sucks so bad. shes such a lamer for taking your money like that and thinking she can get away with it. tell her your gonna call the cops or something plus since you found her on this site put her on blast for it so she loses all her other customers or maybe theres even more out there she ripped off

put up her screen name n how much she stole from you. haha even put it in your forum signature so every post you make every one can see that shes a theif. like dude screw being the bigger person cuz being the bigger person aint gonna get you your money OR your dress so you might as well make sure she cant rip any one else off right? lol

so good luck with that one

Last edited by David ; 11-06-2011 at 07:50 PM.. Reason: changed before the language nazi and rule book thumper over there try to hit me with a ban hammer
 David  is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-06-2011, 06:21 PM   #3
Sg̱aaga g̱uu hla.

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 42,587.55
Depending on what province she is in, you can hire a para legal to begin a small claims court action against her. The para legal can represent you in court in your absence.

You can file for costs as well.

The small claims court system was developed for persons who have lost or owed less than 10,000.CDN in costs for services or chattel. Each province has its own court so you'll have to look up which one applies to you. It process is quite user friendly if you decide to go it alone. But you will have to arrange for someone/service to deliver the documents to the court and pay your fees. (again, part of the costs)

In the meantime, if you decide to go the way of the courts, make sure you have a copy of any letters/emails etc that you have collected as well as any proof of payments. You might also want to ask one more time for the details of the parcel being mailed. (yes, Canada Post does have a tracking system - but once it crosses the border, it stops - unless you have asked for the delivery to be registered and signatire required.)

Fraud in Canada is really hard to prove, there has to be an intent from the beginning to not supply you with your goods. Better to go the way of the small claims court. A judgement against her, will mess up her credit as well as put you in the position to get paid. let me know what province and I'll get you the Attorney General's web site for that location with the info.

David, please note that this is a family friendly site and your profanity is not appropriate for a public post.
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.
yaahl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-06-2011, 07:00 PM   #4
I pull your leg out!

Items Treasure ChestElephantPresentPresent
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 82,072.92
Ignore David's suggestions, as you will be breaking the TOS agreement for this site releasing someone's information without their permission.

+1 to what Yaahl said.

Plus:
Did you sign a contract with her?

A word of advice for the future, NEVER give the full amount up front first, only give enough for the person making it to cover the costs of the materials. Also you should look into using PayPal for such services since they have fraud tools to protect both the buyer and seller. Open the package in front of the carrier before signing for it and reject if bad.

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Toolbox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-07-2011, 11:02 AM   #5
PowWows.com Addicts

Items Present
FluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond repute
FluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond repute
Location: somewhere between chicago and DC, what day is it again?
Credits: 7,626.25
Savings: 1.00
reading davids post its not hard to figure out why hes got a nice long string of red dots under his name.

sorry to say, though, unless youre ready to follow up with the courts you may well be SOL. on the lighter side there cant be much call for powwow regalia in an eastern african combat zone.
as unfortunate a happenstance as this is theres always something to learn. just off the top of my head im sure you'll be a bit more particular the next time you send hundreds of dollars to someone in another country.
my own experiences have been from the other side of the coin. i shipped a flute to florida and that guy never paid.i shipped a flute to arizona once and that guy claimed he never got it. but i had tracking on it and ups captured the signature. he still tried cashing the insurance i had on the package.
so now, for my stuff, i build the flute, when its done and im confident enough to show it i take photos and make recordings. if the client likes what they see then they pay and when the payment clears ill ship the flute.and i always insure for 1.5 times the purchase price.

the next commission you set up do some extra leg work.check out what theyve done before,check with whomever theyve worked with before.
sometimes it really is just buyer beware.

I know the voices arent real
but man, they have some great ideas

Last edited by FluteMaker; 11-07-2011 at 11:04 AM..
FluteMaker is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-07-2011, 11:22 AM   #6
babyblue1128

lakota1290 has a reputation beyond reputelakota1290 has a reputation beyond reputelakota1290 has a reputation beyond reputelakota1290 has a reputation beyond reputelakota1290 has a reputation beyond reputelakota1290 has a reputation beyond reputelakota1290 has a reputation beyond reputelakota1290 has a reputation beyond reputelakota1290 has a reputation beyond reputelakota1290 has a reputation beyond reputelakota1290 has a reputation beyond reputelakota1290 has a reputation beyond reputelakota1290 has a reputation beyond reputelakota1290 has a reputation beyond reputelakota1290 has a reputation beyond reputelakota1290 has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by lakota1290; 11-08-2011 at 11:38 PM..
Old 11-07-2011, 06:04 PM   #7
Giimoojaabe

David  has a reputation beyond repute David  has a reputation beyond repute David  has a reputation beyond repute David  has a reputation beyond repute David  has a reputation beyond repute David  has a reputation beyond repute David  has a reputation beyond repute David  has a reputation beyond repute David  has a reputation beyond repute David  has a reputation beyond repute David  has a reputation beyond repute David  has a reputation beyond repute David  has a reputation beyond repute David  has a reputation beyond repute David  has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,104.62
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluteMaker View Post
reading davids post its not hard to figure out why hes got a nice long string of red dots under his name.
actually, you dont even know son. i have that string of dots because i used a controversial word :( and some old bat reported me but i been talking to the mod about it and me and him are cool now and see eye to eye soooo MYOB...thnx
 David  is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-07-2011, 07:15 PM   #8
Pow Wow Visitor

dreamcatcher40f is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 894.04
geting ripped off

I use Paypal for payment. You are covered that way. Most people who make items have a paypal account. Good luck
dreamcatcher40f is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-07-2011, 08:15 PM   #9
On The Rocks

Items ElephantTreasure ChestPresentPresent
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 99,484.66
Quote:
Originally Posted by • David • View Post
actually, you dont even know son. i have that string of dots because i used a controversial word :( and some old bat reported me but i been talking to the mod about it and me and him are cool now and see eye to eye soooo MYOB...thnx

David,

It IS OUR BUSINESS to moderate this forum to keep it fair and friendly, no matter how heated the discussions become.

Add something of knowledge or experience to the subject matter, DON'T disrespect Elders here.

***UPDATE***

David's post:

-----------

Hmmm...David, did you want her to SEE that disrespectful comment? (old bat)

You are attacking people instead of supporting your own point of view with knowledge, experience, or logic.

So far, we have one side of the story, an allegation. Let's see what evolves out of this thread, hopefully a good ending for our friend out in Africa.

Last edited by AmigoKumeyaay; 11-08-2011 at 12:17 PM..
AmigoKumeyaay is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-07-2011, 08:42 PM   #10
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 62,405.99
Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
1. Flutemaker is a very well respected member of this site and if you are really 14 then there's no way you should be calling him "son"
2. The "old bat" you speak of is a good friend of mine and also a respected member on this site.
3. You were reported for foul language , nothing controversial about it !
4. Toolbox , or toolbag , as you referred to him , may not have the same understanding as you when it comes to everything being "cool"
5. Respect , it's all about respect ! You are new here , welcome , we hope you enjoy the site. You don't know us and we don't know you....only the attitude and insolence . If you want to get along here I would suggest you lose the attitude and try to get along.Otherwise that so called "ban hammer" might actually come on down. Right now you've got about 7 mods watching your every post !
Have a wonderful evening !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-08-2011, 01:27 AM   #11
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 40,662.02
Maybe you could also contact one of the mods here and give them her name and ask them to see if they could intervene on your behalf. Not sure they could, but on forums where I have been a mod, we have tried being a go between. Just a thought. Sorry you are having such a hard time with this seller.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.
subeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-08-2011, 02:03 AM   #12
Sg̱aaga g̱uu hla.

yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
Lakota, I'm feeling rather bad that a fellow Canuck has ripped you off... if you'd like... I'll make you a dress to replace the one you didn't get. If you let me have the details of what you had ordered, size etc.. I'll see what I can do for you.
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Robert A. Heinlein

Old 11-12-2011, 06:55 PM   #13
I pull your leg out!

Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
So why did you delete your post completely? People here responded with relatively good ideas on how to take legal action and what you should do in the future.

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Old 11-13-2011, 12:34 AM   #14
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 40,662.02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolbox View Post
So why did you delete your post completely? People here responded with relatively good ideas on how to take legal action and what you should do in the future.
I'm glad I'm not the only one wondering about that.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.
subeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-13-2011, 05:06 AM   #15
babyblue1128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolbox View Post
I want to thank everyone for their responses but I am really at my wits end with this whole transaction. I know it was my fault for sending money to someone that I didn't know but I trusted her. She did send me part of whole order but not the dress. It has been an uphill battle for the last 14 months. My aunt has graciously offered to make me a dress so I will have it in the spring. There are many more things I need to focus on right now. Thanks everyone for their help.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:10 AM   #16
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 119,811.65
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakota1290 View Post
I want to thank everyone for their responses but I am really at my wits end with this whole transaction. I know it was my fault for sending money to someone that I didn't know but I trusted her. She did send me part of whole order but not the dress. It has been an uphill battle for the last 14 months. My aunt has graciously offered to make me a dress so I will have it in the spring. There are many more things I need to focus on right now. Thanks everyone for their help.
In the end...all that is supposed to be, will be.

The dress your auntie makes you will mean so much more than the bought dress. While you may have lost the money, you have found out there are those who love you. Go Auntie!!!

Dance hard!

And thank you for your service for our country!

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-13-2011, 05:12 AM   #17
babyblue1128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad View Post
In the end...all that is supposed to be, will be.

The dress your auntie makes you will mean so much more than the bought dress. While you may have lost the money, you have found out there are those who love you. Go Auntie!!!

Dance hard!

Thank you, I am just ready to go home to my family. Its been a long 6 months.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:20 AM   #18
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 119,811.65
I know the feeling. LOL

Again, thanks and dance hard!

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-13-2011, 09:18 AM   #19
Sg̱aaga g̱uu hla.

Be safe Lakota, glad it worked out for you.

Old 11-13-2011, 03:39 PM   #20
I pull your leg out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe's dad View Post
in the end...all that is supposed to be, will be.

The dress your auntie makes you will mean so much more than the bought dress. While you may have lost the money, you have found out there are those who love you. Go auntie!!!

Dance hard!

+1

Sponsored Links