Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree13Likes
  • 2 Post By sidesteppindreamer49
  • 3 Post By milehighsalute
  • 4 Post By DeafElderWoman
  • 2 Post By WhoMe
  • 2 Post By milehighsalute

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Women's Dance Styles > Jingle Dancing Princess pageant? Princess pageant?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-28-2014, 02:07 AM   #1
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
sidesteppindreamer49 is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 165.34
Savings: 0.00
Princess pageant?

Okay so, lately I've been thinking and I decided that I am going to run for princess at this powwow that's coming up in November. It will be my first time competing in a princesss pageant, and I would like to know what I talk about in my speech, and my obligations if I get the crown. Your feedback is greatly appreciated
Side note; I dance all three categories
All my relations.
sidesteppindreamer49 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-28-2014, 03:02 PM   #2
Dances With Fat Chicks

milehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
milehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 31,977.76
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidesteppindreamer49 View Post
Okay so, lately I've been thinking and I decided that I am going to run for princess at this powwow that's coming up in November. It will be my first time competing in a princesss pageant, and I would like to know what I talk about in my speech, and my obligations if I get the crown. Your feedback is greatly appreciated
All my relations.
i cant offer much advice..but i can wish you luck!!!...ask zeke he has experience
WhoMe, windanncer and txhoover like this.
Old 09-29-2014, 12:09 AM   #3
Powwow Grandmother

DeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond repute
DeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 4,566.41
You will have to make your own speech from your heart (desired to express your feeling). No one can give you the idea of what you need to speak in order to win the crown. Just listen to the questions when being asked. If they like your speech, then you might have a chance to win the crown to become Princess on the Powwow ground or stage. Also your regalia should help you win that, too. So both (Speech and regalia) should go along being expressing yourself as yourself, not be someone you are not.

If someone win, then you have to be graceful to the winner. Maybe you can try again next year with hopeful to win. I wish you good luck on winning the crown.

DeafElderWoman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-29-2014, 01:27 PM   #4
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,582.70
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidesteppindreamer49 View Post
All my relations.
I'm a pageant kid. My mom ran Indian pageants or judged all the national ones.

The powwow committee will establish the obligations for you. Don't sweat that. As a princess you will be an ambassador for that powwow. You will for sure be asked to make an introduction including your English name and or tribal name, tribe(s), occupation (student and where), hometown and Native grandparents (Clans or chiefs you are affiliated with in some tribes).

Smile, shake hands, talk to kids and elders, and welcome visitors. Be a good sport, be genuine and get to know the other contestants.
Have a good pageant!
windanncer and DeafElderWoman like this.

Last edited by WhoMe; 09-29-2014 at 01:30 PM..
WhoMe is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-29-2014, 04:57 PM   #5
Dances With Fat Chicks

milehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
milehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 31,977.76
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoMe View Post
I'm a pageant kid. My mom ran Indian pageants or judged all the national ones.

The powwow committee will establish the obligations for you. Don't sweat that. As a princess you will be an ambassador for that powwow. You will for sure be asked to make an introduction including your English name and or tribal name, tribe(s), occupation (student and where), hometown and Native grandparents (Clans or chiefs you are affiliated with in some tribes).

Smile, shake hands, talk to kids and elders, and welcome visitors. Be a good sport, be genuine and get to know the other contestants.
Have a good pageant!
my mom also was on princess commitee for denver march
WhoMe and windanncer like this.