Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Women's Dance Styles > Jingle Dancing side feathers or no side feathers? side feathers or no side feathers?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-31-2002, 02:43 PM   #1
Addy's Mommy

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 436.00
Savings: 0.00
side feathers or no side feathers?

do u gurls wear side feathers? if you do, are they plumes or straight feathers?
Old 10-31-2002, 07:54 PM   #2
fncyshwldncr4life

I have an eagle feather drop, and a scissor tail drop that I wear.
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-01-2002, 12:16 PM   #3
Fat Singer

billyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond repute
billyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Are side feathers the same as wearing side barettes and is it just a jingle thing? I think I have seen some fancy shawl with them but I just want to be sure.
billyjoejimbob is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-01-2002, 03:33 PM   #4
fncyshwldncr4life

"is it just a jingle thing?"

Nah, im fancy shawl and I wear mine all the time. Been thinking bout making one out of parrot feathers next.
Old 11-01-2002, 07:03 PM   #5
Riverwoman

ok, now my question!:)

I normally use plumes for the back of my hair, and have several small feathers that I would like to wear for the side.

Is that what is meant by side feathers?How would one wear them, or fix them? I dance both by the way:p
Old 11-02-2002, 03:43 AM   #6
V-Style Jingler

Sweet Syilx is a jewel in the rough
Yep, I wear side plumes. I also just made a matching barrette with side macaw feathers. I cant wait to try them out :)

Riverwoman, would like to help you out, but I dont do my own featherwork. My uncle does that stuff for me. If I can get a hold of him, I will ask him how to do it :)
Sweet Syilx is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-02-2002, 07:27 PM   #7
Dine' Gurl

side drops?

I like to use side drops myself, I have 2 little white eagle feathers, 2 sets of little straight feathers and a plume set.
I like to wear them, swivels are good to have on them because they move with your every little movement.:chief:
Old 11-03-2002, 05:25 PM   #8
Tiny Tot Dancer

eagle_plume999 is an unknown quantity at this point
hey ppl! i wear a side barret with a couple straight eagle feathers hangin down, its pretty awsome shyt..lol
Old 11-03-2002, 06:21 PM   #9
Jingle Dancer

~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute
I wear back plumes, and some side plumes. I'm thinkin about some green macaws too, but i dont know if it would look right mixed like that. like with the back plumes and macaws on the side?

chenna

MizzQaqimat's Space
~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-04-2002, 05:32 PM   #10
SpOnGeNoNeR RoUndPaNt'Z

jingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond reputejingle genie has a reputation beyond repute
i like the way that the side drops look but, it can't be over done or you might look like you have a dog soldier cap on....lol, and i don't think you want that. i've always used my back plumes and i'm going to put about 5 small feathers on spinners to wear off to the side. That should be plenty.... i like the way the macaw look too, those are pretty...maybe for like afternoon session or when it's really windy...
jingle genie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-06-2002, 12:47 PM   #11
Pow Wow Visitor

meme4949 is an unknown quantity at this point
side plumes for me, i like the way they kinda flutter during sidesteps. looks jus purty lol
meme4949 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-06-2002, 12:53 PM   #12
Riverwoman

Another question: How would you attach those feathers to spinners so that you can wear then? and what are spinners? Excuse my ignorance on that subject! I need to know how to attach them to something, so that I can wear them. I also have two smaller eagle feathers, around 5' each. How could I attach those so I can wear them on the side? And what about tiny plumes, I mean some that are less then 3', would anyone know how to fix them as well? Just wondering and curious

Thanks yal!:p
Old 11-06-2002, 01:22 PM   #13
Addy's Mommy

~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute
well what i do or have done is i've wrapped the ends of the feathers with embroidery thread and i have all the colors of my beadwork and stuff, and then i've attached either a necklace hook or a fishing spinner hook thingy to the end. i tied it with the thread.
or another time i used a bobby pin. i stuck it through the end of the feather and jus wrapped the thread around it.
these all made the hooks, and then on my barrette i put a clasp that could hook onto the hooks on the feathers and voila! thats how i had my feathers on
Old 11-06-2002, 01:23 PM   #14
Addy's Mommy

oh i dont know if you get what i was trynna say if ya need me to i'll try and clarify it a lil better for ya!
Old 11-11-2002, 04:23 PM   #15
naturally noble

nimkiikwe_49 has a reputation beyond reputenimkiikwe_49 has a reputation beyond reputenimkiikwe_49 has a reputation beyond reputenimkiikwe_49 has a reputation beyond reputenimkiikwe_49 has a reputation beyond reputenimkiikwe_49 has a reputation beyond reputenimkiikwe_49 has a reputation beyond reputenimkiikwe_49 has a reputation beyond reputenimkiikwe_49 has a reputation beyond reputenimkiikwe_49 has a reputation beyond reputenimkiikwe_49 has a reputation beyond reputenimkiikwe_49 has a reputation beyond reputenimkiikwe_49 has a reputation beyond reputenimkiikwe_49 has a reputation beyond reputenimkiikwe_49 has a reputation beyond reputenimkiikwe_49 has a reputation beyond repute
I use straight feathers for the back, and side... the side ones are just little, ones... they are so cute...three of them with a little fluff at the base... if I had plums i'd use them for the side...

all's fair in love and pow wow.... see ya around
nimkiikwe_49 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-13-2002, 02:25 AM   #16
CYBER QUEEN

TradisH~*~QueeniE is an unknown quantity at this point
if you got em.....use em.....they look awesome..I think anywayz :D

~ If I told you I loved you, would u hold me in your arms so tight, If I told you I loved you, Would you be mine, mine for ever ~

~ U may shoot me with your words, U may cut me with your eyes, U may kill me with your hatefulness, BUT STILL LIKE AIR I'LL RISE ~
TradisH~*~QueeniE is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-15-2002, 02:42 PM   #17
Tiny Tot Dancer

j_j24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

i use a eagle feather for the back and side plumes -my second set is a eagle plume for the back and black tipped feathers for the side- i have two sets, but i really think it's time to hand down to a younger family member. i need to make new feather/plumes for myself. i've have had these since i was 14 now i am 24 and think it's time to retire them.