Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Women's Dance Styles > Jingle Dancing swing away...... swing away......

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-27-2003, 12:36 PM   #41
is actually posting!

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Whateva girl, you don't even make sense when ya try to blast on us. So keep talking, keep judging everyone else for not knowing s**T, you try to come off humble but it does not appear that way at all. You say you don't know much but then act like a total know-it-all. And lastly, you're saying we're being judgemental about being traditional in a competitive world but then talk shhhht about girls that like to compete for first, or girls who are seeking prestige for a new move. What's the deal? What exactly is your point? Nah, don't even bother, if we've gotten to this many posts then never mind! I'm sure tired of bickering so I'll just stop right here. LOL. I'm like this :Yell but I'm really :Angel: when someone trys to make me feel like a :50:, I'm sure all these people that posted prior to this feels the same way.
*Kwe_Zee* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-27-2003, 01:47 PM   #42
Pow Wow Visitor

sweetjingldresdancer is an unknown quantity at this point
swing awway

Quote:
Originally posted by eagleclan22
The Late-Maggie White was from Whitefish Bay Ontario in the Lake of the Woods area. And yes of course she knew what she was doing, it is her Odihiziwin, her gift that she got from the spirit world. It was her father who had the vision of the dress and when she was sick he gave the dress to her.
:Chatter She knows her **** yall
sweetjingldresdancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-28-2003, 03:19 PM   #43
I are an aunt

native_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond reputenative_flutterby has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 503.00
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally posted by fafafancy
Hey Ms. T.J.,

Get your mom and aunties to say what they think! I really think that they were instrumental in keeping the Jingle dress alive when it was dying out in the 70's and 80's. They were and still are my heros. They had a wicked team dance back in the day. I remeber dancing with them at Baraga when it was the first time that they had seen jingle Dress Dancers there. They are some very powerful women. What about all those elders from Ponemah and Cass that were totally grey-haired and still dancing, they were awesome.

My didnty Selma comes on here from time to time, as for Norma, Helen, my mother Clara, and my cousin Pam they're around they still dance how they used to, nothings really changed, cept my mom looks really cute and mindy'ish :D she keeps me in check when it comes to my jingle dress dancing. We keep ourselves busy, once in a while they get to remebering there travels, lots places where they have jingle dresses now they never saw them. The places they went didnt have a catagory for them, so they did exhibition dancing, blanket dances just so they could get home. Most of the places they went the people invited them to stay at there houses and things of that nature. I like hearing about them stories, makes me think about where we went, in terms of the whole jingle dress competition thing. they used to tease my mom some about the way she danced, she has an old style shuffle, but does the contemporary moves. its wonderful to see, she has one foot on the ground at all times. makes me miss my mommy now! :Cry anyhow, by the time i came into being they decided to keep us in school so we just traveled int eh sumer time n stuff...

http://www.myspace.com/anty_tweeb
native_flutterby is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-28-2003, 09:57 PM   #44
is actually posting!

*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute
lmao *raises the white flag*

Yeh Witchy exactly what I'm thinkin' now, I might be stealin your name soon LOL... that name doesn't fit you girl! You keep it together too much, oh wait, cep that one time LOL.. jk. I got a little hothead everybody that knows me knows that, but I know when to back down and what not, I just know what it's like to be belittled, as does everyone else, sometimes I just gotta rant... but it's cool now, it's been discussed, I've gone on with my internet life. LOL. Umm... next topic!!!
*Kwe_Zee* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-15-2004, 01:17 AM   #45
Breath Inspector

eagleclan22 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetjingldresdancer
:Chatter She knows her **** yall
Lmao.... I leave for a second and then return...... lol

http://pages.ivillage.com/sagkeengpowwow2003/

Some guys are good with their drum sticks.... and some just arent...:karate:
eagleclan22 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-19-2004, 06:50 PM   #46
PowWows.com Addicts

ojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond repute
ojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond repute
Umm...there were times when she did swing her arms, I saw it, I was there. She held her staff and even swung her arms holding it while dancing. Looked awesome. she competed that time and won first lol.
Personally I swing my arms at times during side step. I think its a personal preference, a personal choice. Its fun.....................and dats da name of da game ennit kwes! :D

ojibwaysweetie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links