Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Women's Dance Styles > Jingle Dancing Why are some dancers so bitter? Why are some dancers so bitter?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-16-2004, 01:48 PM   #21
49in_ndn

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Yup Yup I totally agree with everyone about how Women not young girls but how women can act towards each other. I don't place or dance just to place but I love to travel and 49 Ayyyyeee...lol but I have a family and I am married and I still have to deal with Ladies acting goofy. Once your older you'd think people would grow up and think of the important things instead of who said what or who placed or whatever. Now I just visit with my lil two year old and hang out with her at powwows..:D and keep to myself. And I look at it this way.. If that snotty person doesn't say hi this weekend maybe they say hello the next..LOL I don't like being snotty so I just smile because it's not fun to always be worrying about the in crowd! It's like the native rez powwow version of mean girls.. LMAO
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-16-2004, 06:22 PM   #22
Head Dancer

Lakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Lakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota_winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,765.68
Savings: 0.00
Yup, its true that jealousy is alive n well amongst us. What makes me laugh though is that "some" of these women have never ever met you or saw you b/f and they think they have the right to give you an attitude. It's like you are an invasion into their own private illusion of what their world is sposed to be and you are not welcome into it. LOL But I have a few frenz that I respect and have fun with and yes the cliques are something else. I don't excuse their behavior, the being sweet n then not again. If they choose to be snotty or snobby then I just let it go, cuz they aren't worth gettin to know now or ever. Yes, I agree though when you travel far, you would think they would at least try to be friendly but sometimes its like you stepped into hostile territory. You will eventually find out who the real ones are in pws..the genuine sincere ones. They usually don't do the switching from on to off thing. Yeah, also agree that smilin sometimes works sometimes it doesn't but keep on smilin besides it makes them wonder..anywayz good topic and who knows what will change their attitudes except them..when they finally accept themselves for who they really are.
Lakota_winyan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-16-2004, 10:21 PM   #23
Gotz ta be me!

Singing Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond repute
Singing Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 1.00
Well, regardless of how people are...always walk with your head held high. There will be folks that would rather believe a lie (or hold onto their ignorance, racism, bigotry, etc.) than to hear and know the truth. There will always be liars, cheaters, gossipers, and thieves (or trifling hooch-bags... yeah feel free to borrow that one ;) ). Do your best and to hell with them. It'll ALL come back on them sooner or later.
Old 11-17-2004, 04:59 AM   #24
PowWows.com Addicts

badmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond repute
badmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond repute
It isn't just with Powwow, we are a petty people sometimes. It isn't that we want people to do bad or wish hateful things on them, we just don't want them to succeed more than we are. I had a cousin who was a Band Manager and he hired his brother who was a journeyman carpenter to do some work on a special project. He could have paid his brother a real good salary where the guy would have been making between $35-40.00/hr. But he didn't want his brother to make more than he did so he only paid him $20.00/hr. It was the government's money so it wasn't going to even cost anybody else money. Talk about petty. Sometimes I guess some people are just not very secure in themselves.
badmaninc is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-17-2004, 12:40 PM   #25
Junior Dancer

2cuteUTE will become famous soon enough
Talking

What cracks me up is those folks who don't talk to me when I'm at the little powwows around home, but when we happen to be at another powwow out of state they all of a sudden become my best friend. Wanting to shake hands and give hugs. People are so funny.
2cuteUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-17-2004, 01:15 PM   #26
Happy Beading Woman

ac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond repute
ac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 12,519.71
Well, I was living in New Mexico at the time when I decided to go to the state fair pow-wow. I've been around pow-wows all my life, so it was nice to finally to go to a pow-wow.

Anyways, I walk up to this elder woman who was dancing in buckskin with an otter cap on. Just being friendly, I asked her where she was from, and I guessed that she might be Kiowa because of her otter cap which I told her so, however, she turned on me like I was some sludge and spewed, "Comanches wore otter caps first." She just turned around in a huff and walked back to where she was sitting.
I was taken aback. I might've been wrong in guessing, but she could've been nicer. I definitely stepped on some "high & mighty" toes. Later a traditional dancer friend of mine who was familiar with the pow-wows in the area told me that she was a well-known dancer who placed alot in her category and she was quite known for her lousy attitude. I wasn't expecting the attitude from an elder though.

Last edited by ac_miss; 11-17-2004 at 01:19 PM..
ac_miss is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-18-2004, 02:02 AM   #27
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 829.86
Cool

maybe they danced themselves into a wedgie? jk

some people have incredibly big egos... those are the arrogant people... wheres the humble indians eh?
middle of the sky is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-18-2004, 01:31 PM   #28
Granny:)

Items ElephantPresentRainbow
*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute
*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute
Location: 20 mins into Canada from the Sumas WA Border. Im practically an American
Credits: 16,430.57
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle of the sky
maybe they danced themselves into a wedgie? jk
some people have incredibly big egos... those are the arrogant people... wheres the humble indians eh?
:rofl2:..lol

Yup i agree Mots, i know sum local snobby ndn dancers, but then im snobby too..lol..J/K:D:D

*Kalilsha*

If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving u
When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be u an me..

*Brown Eyed Gurl* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-18-2004, 07:23 PM   #29
Oldfart

Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
I eat too many lemons. That's why I'm bitter.
Kiwehnzii is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-18-2004, 09:49 PM   #30
I'm Yaqui --- Not YUCKY!!

JinglinBooty is an unknown quantity at this point
Maybe they got something caught in their wazuu because of their last snag????

I know what ya'll mean. I've even had elders snub me and tell me what all I was doing wrong (this just recently & no I'm not new to pow wows). Also the other regular jingle women in my area are the same way. I think one got mad at me for not inviting her to a bridal shower (which I never put on). I dunno. Once a clique, always a clique.

Well if I ever meet up w/ yall....don't think I'm snubby...I'm just extremely shy.

http://myspace.com/haaka
JinglinBooty is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-18-2004, 11:08 PM   #31
Gotz ta be me!

Singing Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond repute
Singing Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by JinglinBooty
Maybe they got something caught in their wazuu because of their last snag????

Ewwwwwwwwwwwww you so naaaaaaasty. :p lol
Old 11-19-2004, 12:18 PM   #32
49in_ndn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cuteUTE
What cracks me up is those folks who don't talk to me when I'm at the little powwows around home, but when we happen to be at another powwow out of state they all of a sudden become my best friend. Wanting to shake hands and give hugs. People are so funny.
yup I gotta a few of those friends too!! LOL
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-23-2004, 05:43 PM   #33
Tiny Tot Dancer

3StarsWoman has a spectacular aura about
.... forever!

My mom once told me, beauty fades and dumb is forever.
Many of these cat fights, snarls and meows that happen between our fellow jingle dress dancers is because of vanity. It goes back and forth, who has the newest stuff, different steps, hair, make-up, who's dating who in public and in the dark.... all of that. If you notice. The new jingle dress style will be short lived and the tried-and-true traditional will still and always will be here. It make me sad to see the fighting and back stabbing going on. I hear stories of the young moms still trying to party and hand with the kidless singles just to stay in the "in crowd"(cool crowd). Sunday afternoon grand entry comes and if you lit a match, some of them smell so bad, they would explode from the alcohol they had the night before. They will grow old faster than those who choose not to be out late, those who choose to be good to all people and those who choose not to be trying to be better than others.
3StarsWoman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-30-2004, 11:20 PM   #34
jingle dresser

NdNBaby132 is on a distinguished road
Angry

yes i do agree .. I remember at our powwow me and my friend used to dance together all the time and one year I won 1 st place and the next year she doesnt talk to me or nothing .. thats why id ont bother with girls in my same category i just talk to the ones from the fancy Shawl and the guys sooo bbbbtthhhh to you !
NdNBaby132 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-04-2004, 10:08 PM   #35
Cloud Dancer

AngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond repute
AngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown_eyed_gurl
:rofl2:..lol

Yup i agree Mots, i know sum local snobby ndn dancers, but then im snobby too..lol..J/K:D:D

LMAO girl I cant picture you a snob... hehe you have too good of an attitude :)
AngelFeather is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-05-2004, 08:52 PM   #36
is actually posting!

*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3StarsWoman
Many of these cat fights, snarls and meows that happen between our fellow jingle dress dancers is because of vanity. It goes back and forth, who has the newest stuff, different steps, hair, make-up, who's dating who in public and in the dark.... all of that. If you notice. The new jingle dress style will be short lived and the tried-and-true traditional will still and always will be here. It make me sad to see the fighting and back stabbing going on. I hear stories of the young moms still trying to party and hand with the kidless singles just to stay in the "in crowd"(cool crowd). Sunday afternoon grand entry comes and if you lit a match, some of them smell so bad, they would explode from the alcohol they had the night before. They will grow old faster than those who choose not to be out late, those who choose to be good to all people and those who choose not to be trying to be better than others.
:clap:

You said it all!
*Kwe_Zee* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-05-2004, 11:46 PM   #37
Cloud Dancer

AngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond repute
AngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond repute
[QUOTE=3StarsWoman] I hear stories of the young moms still trying to party and hand with the kidless singles just to stay in the "in crowd"(cool crowd).QUOTE]

I see that so often, mothers doing that and still trying to tell thier children right from wrong, they teach by the method do as your told not what you see and expect thier kids to listen, it isnt going to happen, you cant party and act like that and expect your children to live good lives they will only follow in your footsteps, then so many turn around and wonder why they have so many problems with thier kids, its because they mimick what they see.

Fashions come and go like you said, but traditions and teaching will always remain. I see so many girls and women get caught up in the modern world, fashion and it becomes a contest for them; who has the best this and that and what it comes down to is low self esteem in my opinion, they feel better when they LOOK good, but like they say looks can be decieving and beauty lies within. I think if someone has good self esteem amd respect for others they wont act so bitter, and the truth is , its not us they have a problem with but themselves.
AngelFeather is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-06-2004, 03:15 PM   #38
Gotz ta be me!

Smile

Really good posts. It's truly sad when people are so unhappy that their only respite is in hurting, lying on, belittling, etc. others. But one thing is for certain, what goes around comes around. I was taught not to be happy about their demise and not to feel bad for them.... just know that they brought it on themselves.

From personal experience, when you go out there to dance, keep focused on why you're out there. lol It ain't for THEM. Stay focused, say a quick prayer, and keep it movin!
Old 12-06-2004, 05:29 PM   #39
~*I wanna pow-wow*~

lakotajingledancer is on a distinguished road
when ever i first started powwowing i got the cold shoulder alot,my dad said its b/c im not as dark as them.i dont understand why ppl have to be snotty.gets u no where.
when i competed for princess in '03 in alabama i met this girl & she was snotty & rude,told me i should just go home now b/c im not gonna win & all this but i beat her & ya know,she didnt dance for the rest of the weekend.then the next w/e i saw her & she got me water after i was dancing,i thanked her but wondered uh,ok,whatever.
& ive been to alot of powwows in georgia and tn, and some of these wannabes are so stuck up,& when u try to tell them something they get all mad @ u but then u ask them if they are n8ive & they say no,u just wanna laugh b/c they have no reason to be stuck up,their rigs stink they look like pilgrims,lol,& they dont know what they are doing,but oh well.
Old 12-06-2004, 08:19 PM   #40
Munchkin Babe

kaiya is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3StarsWoman

Nuff Said !