Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Do you put your zipper in the front or back?
Back 5 13.51%
Front 28 75.68%
No Zipper 4 10.81%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Women's Dance Styles > Jingle Dancing Zippers in front or back? Zippers in front or back?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2005, 10:56 AM   #1
Jingle Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Zippers in front or back?

Hey there, I was wondering, how many of you put the zippers in the front and how many put them in the back? And, do you think the dress looks backwards with it in the back? Just wondering b/c I see lots of dresses both ways.

MizzQaqimat's Space
~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-04-2005, 01:29 PM   #2
Doing my thing

04jingle26 will become famous soon enough
I usually do mine in the front. It is easier for me to get into and zip up. I usually wear a scarf & choker drop to hide the zipper.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:23 AM   #3
V-Style Jingler

Sweet Syilx is a jewel in the rough
Wink Front Front Front!!!

two reasons why I put my zipper in the front and only in the front -

1) You can cover the zipper with your choker drop or scarf (whichever you prefer) if it is in the front.
2) When I am dancing in grand entry, I tend to check out the applique work of the dancer in front of me, if you put the zipper in the back, you would have to adjust the applique work on the dress to accomodate a back zipper. Why not just put in the front and then you can avoid this problem altogether?

Just my two cents.

Sweet Syilx
Sweet Syilx is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-24-2005, 02:34 PM   #4
Jinglin fool...

n8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond repute
I usually put it in the back... I have always done it this way. No particular reason. I am not very big on the applique, one because i don't know how to do it right and, two I am more of a traditional jingler.

~Kelli

You say I don't look indian? Well you don't look stupid, but looks can be deceiving!
n8tivechick is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-24-2005, 03:35 PM   #5
-summer_june-*

**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute
**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,015.78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Syilx
two reasons why I put my zipper in the front and only in the front -

1) You can cover the zipper with your choker drop or scarf (whichever you prefer) if it is in the front.
2) When I am dancing in grand entry, I tend to check out the applique work of the dancer in front of me, if you put the zipper in the back, you would have to adjust the applique work on the dress to accomodate a back zipper. Why not just put in the front and then you can avoid this problem altogether?

Just my two cents.

Sweet Syilx
I Agree!
Old 11-02-2005, 12:23 PM   #6
Pow Wow Visitor

anishinaabe_babe is an unknown quantity at this point
Zipper in front or back...

I always put my zipper in front. Me? I am always running late for Grand Entry or for contest.. so it's easier to throw my dress on and and zip while, I am running.. lol! I don't know if anyone else is like that, but I agree too about the applique on the back. It would be hard to insert a zipper on the applique designs. I have seen it done, but everything ends up all crooked.
anishinaabe_babe is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-14-2006, 06:55 AM   #7
Tiny Tot Dancer

DancingCreek has a spectacular aura about
Credits: 470.00
I have a skirt so I don't use a zipper.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:47 PM   #8
is waiting ....

chazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond repute
chazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 374.00
Savings: 1.00
prefer the zipper in the front .. it does kinda look backwards if its in the back .. lol

and what about the zippers on leggings .. seen some ppl where their's with the zipper on the back of the leg. it looks odd .. looks better with the design on the back of the leg
chazziff is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-16-2006, 08:23 PM   #9
Tiny Tot Dancer

DancingCreek has a spectacular aura about
Credits: 470.00
leggings? zippers in the front
Old 08-16-2006, 09:20 PM   #10
Tim Horton's Addict

Little Man's Ma has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Man's Ma has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Man's Ma has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Man's Ma has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Man's Ma has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Man's Ma has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Man's Ma has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Man's Ma has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Man's Ma has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Man's Ma has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Man's Ma has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Man's Ma has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Man's Ma has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Man's Ma has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Man's Ma has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Man's Ma has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Man's Ma has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Man's Ma has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Man's Ma has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Man's Ma has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,295.41
Zippers in the front for both dresses and leggings...

There are some ppl out there who are wearing their dresses backwards.. with the zipper in the back..I have seen darts pointing to the shoulder blades, necklines much lower in the back and high in front.. don't know. maybe they just can't tell by the fit that their dresses are literally on backwards..........

When my girl was younger.. it was so much easier getting her ready with the zipper in front.. she could at least do that up herself!! lol
Little Man's Ma is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-16-2006, 09:59 PM   #11
Jingle Dancer

~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ has a reputation beyond repute
yup zippers in the front of dress and leggings are the best then lol. it is easier to get ready. just wondering for the one who posted about having a skirt, how do you keep your skirt up and do you have pics of your regalia? and the person who posted above me, your avatar rocks, 'always fresh at tim hortons!' lol

MizzQaqimat's Space
~*~MizzQaqimat~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-17-2006, 01:55 AM   #12
N8tiffUmatillaMAMA

WocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
WocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,094.49
I just finished my daughter's first jingle, no zippers. Two piece outfit, the skirt has elastic waist and sewn in suspenders. top fits on over head, and has matching belt. It turned out nice.
WocusWoman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-24-2006, 07:20 PM   #13
were home

Items GuitarElephantPresentPresent
Credits: 30,091.23
2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
well i dont have any dance clothing but in learning about ,the opening in the back for unmarried and in the frount for married for feeding babies,
now that im unmarried i was thinking what would i do.if i ever was able to dance .the frount sounds right to me

Last edited by 2lineCarrandMorgan; 08-24-2006 at 07:28 PM.. Reason: Choctaw or Oneida clothing , to new to know
2lineCarrandMorgan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-31-2007, 12:49 AM   #14
~smiles~

PRINCESS04-05 has a reputation beyond reputePRINCESS04-05 has a reputation beyond reputePRINCESS04-05 has a reputation beyond reputePRINCESS04-05 has a reputation beyond reputePRINCESS04-05 has a reputation beyond reputePRINCESS04-05 has a reputation beyond reputePRINCESS04-05 has a reputation beyond reputePRINCESS04-05 has a reputation beyond reputePRINCESS04-05 has a reputation beyond reputePRINCESS04-05 has a reputation beyond reputePRINCESS04-05 has a reputation beyond reputePRINCESS04-05 has a reputation beyond reputePRINCESS04-05 has a reputation beyond reputePRINCESS04-05 has a reputation beyond reputePRINCESS04-05 has a reputation beyond reputePRINCESS04-05 has a reputation beyond reputePRINCESS04-05 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Man's Ma View Post

There are some ppl out there who are wearing their dresses backwards.. with the zipper in the back..I have seen darts pointing to the shoulder blades, necklines much lower in the back and high in front.. don't know. maybe they just can't tell by the fit that their dresses are literally on backwards..........

When my girl was younger.. it was so much easier getting her ready with the zipper in front.. she could at least do that up herself!! lol
thank you for putting my zippers in the front when i was little... but how come i dont get zippers at all anymore?

lol, lubs you mommy
PRINCESS04-05 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-31-2007, 12:51 AM   #15
~smiles~

PRINCESS04-05 has a reputation beyond reputePRINCESS04-05 has a reputation beyond reputePRINCESS04-05 has a reputation beyond reputePRINCESS04-05 has a reputation beyond reputePRINCESS04-05 has a reputation beyond reputePRINCESS04-05 has a reputation beyond reputePRINCESS04-05 has a reputation beyond reputePRINCESS04-05 has a reputation beyond reputePRINCESS04-05 has a reputation beyond reputePRINCESS04-05 has a reputation beyond reputePRINCESS04-05 has a reputation beyond reputePRINCESS04-05 has a reputation beyond reputePRINCESS04-05 has a reputation beyond reputePRINCESS04-05 has a reputation beyond reputePRINCESS04-05 has a reputation beyond reputePRINCESS04-05 has a reputation beyond reputePRINCESS04-05 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Man's Ma View Post

lol, i remember some of those girls.... from like way back in the day when i was like in grade 2...you always made me go tell them thier dresses were on backwards... i was only like 7 telling a 12 year old... it was scary...lol... back in the day...

:D
PRINCESS04-05 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-05-2007, 02:54 PM   #16
Southern Cloth Mom

NativeBaby is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 60.00
If the zipper was in the back how would you cover it? A seam could be used to disguise the zipper, but you would still see the seam.

I vote front.
NativeBaby is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-09-2011, 02:59 PM   #17
Rockin' the Rockies!

Items Elephant
tayoonee has a reputation beyond reputetayoonee has a reputation beyond reputetayoonee has a reputation beyond reputetayoonee has a reputation beyond reputetayoonee has a reputation beyond reputetayoonee has a reputation beyond reputetayoonee has a reputation beyond reputetayoonee has a reputation beyond reputetayoonee has a reputation beyond reputetayoonee has a reputation beyond reputetayoonee has a reputation beyond reputetayoonee has a reputation beyond reputetayoonee has a reputation beyond reputetayoonee has a reputation beyond reputetayoonee has a reputation beyond reputetayoonee has a reputation beyond reputetayoonee has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 640.13
I added a side zipper to my daughter's new dress. It works well for her to get in and out of, and its hidden.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:37 PM   #18
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,056.53
I always try to do zippers in the front...or not at all...but then you should see all the girls wearing the dresses that I made with the zippers in the back.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:46 PM   #19
Rockin' the Rockies!

Items Elephant
tayoonee has a reputation beyond reputetayoonee has a reputation beyond reputetayoonee has a reputation beyond reputetayoonee has a reputation beyond reputetayoonee has a reputation beyond reputetayoonee has a reputation beyond reputetayoonee has a reputation beyond reputetayoonee has a reputation beyond reputetayoonee has a reputation beyond reputetayoonee has a reputation beyond reputetayoonee has a reputation beyond reputetayoonee has a reputation beyond reputetayoonee has a reputation beyond reputetayoonee has a reputation beyond reputetayoonee has a reputation beyond reputetayoonee has a reputation beyond reputetayoonee has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 640.13
I suppose of course if you added a cape, you wouldn't be able to see the zipper. Lucky for me, my daughter won't need a new dress until next year! hopefully!
Old 12-10-2011, 11:17 AM   #20
wrapped in ribbonwork!

Czechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond repute
Czechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond reputeCzechy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,732.09
I always put zippers in the front. Just looks better to me and the zip can be hidden by a scarf, beadwork, etc. Also, it is much easier to get the dress on or off without help. I had one or two dresses that went on over the head. Messes up the hair, lol.
Czechy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links