PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture (http://forums.powwows.com/)
-   Straight Dancing (http://forums.powwows.com/f13/)
-   -   Crooked Straight Dancers (http://forums.powwows.com/f13/crooked-straight-dancers-24232/)

WhoMe 01-05-2005 04:27 PM

Crooked Straight Dancers

In the interest of no one posting for the last 10 days and there being no posts on the Straight Dancing thread...

Does anyone know any "Crooked Straight Dancers?" (just plain mean and no good?) *L

*I just had to awaken this thread.

NDNKIDZ 01-05-2005 04:42 PM

hahahahahhah thanks for the giggle... :)

redsky 01-05-2005 08:14 PM

That was a long time without a post. The few straight dancers here in Utah seem cool.

LSS 01-05-2005 09:05 PM

I've found one or two in my time traveling. :lol:

WisconsinBlackBear 01-06-2005 10:44 AM

Or maybe gay Straight Dancer?

49in_ndn 01-06-2005 12:00 PM

Gay straight dancers.. lmao not so straight, straight dancers?? HAHA well last year they have this christmas parade in the early part of decemeber and me and my family went. They had this part of the parade where they had different nationalities do things from their culture. There were mexicans, chinese, polish and it I was thinkin I wonder who is representin the natives. We were right where the MC of the parade was so everytime a group would walk by he'd introduce them. Well it was time for the "Native Americans" and we were all tryin to see if we might know any of them and here it was 3 straight dancers and a lady. As they got closer they were all white ppl. The woman was really banging away on a handdrum and the straight dancers were 3 white guys.. but they looked like the no so straight kind.. lmao.. it was hilarious!

As for crooked.. I have one that comes to mind but just had to share my funny story...

WhoMe 01-06-2005 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 49in_ndn
lmao not so straight, straight dancers??
As for crooked.. I have one that comes to mind but just had to share my funny story...

__

49in,

Not so straight, straight dancers? I guess this counts. That was a good story.

I know quite a few straight dancers who are pretty straight when they are dressed in the arena in their straight dance cloths. . .

but once they change back in their street cloths.....

Watch out!

Southernstr8 01-08-2005 04:04 AM

I'm pretty dang crooked after a few good days of dancin...them knees and back bones, sure ain't what they use ta was.... :lol:

Haven't ran into any "crooked" guys in a while...unless you count the white full blood, who knows everything about all of it...that goes by chick magnet handle "Dances in burlap"....hehehehehehe

pawtoeman 01-09-2005 11:52 AM

Crooked Straight Dancer

"Mr. King!"

Correct on the change to "Street Clothes" like night and day. Haven't known one that I can recollect.
NOW, as for what "WBB" said, you'd be really surprissssssed!

Tom Iron Eagle 01-10-2005 09:11 AM

Mean

Unfortunatley, Meaness knows no catergory and you will find mean and rude people everywhere and in everything.

I have known a few Mean Straight Dancers in my time - but since the catergory is small I have to say that the per capita number of mean people in Straight Dance would be very low compared to other categories.

CHEROSAGE 01-12-2005 01:16 AM

I can recall a few times in my younger years when some of my brothers and I began to walk rather crooked after the evening dance. I blamed it on my older brothers, certainly couldn't have been my fault. I was just there minding my own business and they made me do it. ( You all believe it don't you?) HaHaHaHa. I don't think some of my cuzs will believe it. I seem to remember that the day after wasn't so kind to me.
As for the gay straights. Seem like a misquote doesn't it. I have known of a few I suspected of this life style.

WocusWoman 01-12-2005 01:19 AM

funny question...

Historian 01-18-2005 10:03 AM

Oxymoron

Crooked-Straight Dancer? Now that's an oxymoron if I ever heard of one.

I know this one guy out near Tulsa who has been a Straight Dancer for many years. However, once in a while he puts on real crazy dance clothes in a way that makes little children laugh at him on purpose. You might say he is a straight dance clown of sorts.

standnbear 02-21-2012 06:52 AM

I saw What I believe to be a lady straight dancer this past weekend. Had me a little confused:thinking:

Historian 02-21-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by standnbear (Post 1519623)
I saw What I believe to be a lady straight dancer this past weekend. Had me a little confused:thinking:

That is a bit confusin', enit?

standnbear 02-21-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by standnbear (Post 1519623)

Small build,small hands and feet, no Adams apple, and a facial features of a woman. And very nice straight regalia. Gonna look and see if we have any pics.

HaskellAlum 03-07-2012 07:21 AM

i think i know who your talking about.. if im right, then he is male, well wait to see your pic

standnbear 03-07-2012 10:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by standnbear (Post 1519874)
Small build,small hands and feet, no Adams apple, and a facial features of a woman. And very nice straight regalia. Gonna look and see if we have any pics.

this is the best pic i could find. If this is a guy and you know him please extend my apolagies, i meant no disrespect.

standnbear 03-07-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhoMe (Post 495345)
In the interest of no one posting for the last 10 days and there being no posts on the Straight Dancing thread...

Does anyone know any "Crooked Straight Dancers?" (just plain mean and no good?) *L

*I just had to awaken this thread.

dont think i have ever met any mean or no good straights but i have met a few "BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE" straights

HaskellAlum 03-08-2012 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by standnbear (Post 1525780)
this is the best pic i could find. If this is a guy and you know him please extend my apolagies, i meant no disrespect.

exactly who i thought you were talking about. he is male, he is also an omaha/ponca and a good person, hope you get a chance to say hi next time you see him