Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Men's Dance Styles > Straight Dancing full beaded moccasins for Straight Dance full beaded moccasins for Straight Dance

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-23-2007, 04:42 AM   #1
HighWolf

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
HighWolf is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
full beaded moccasins for Straight Dance

Jo,
Im searching for full beaded moccasins for Straight Dance, Pawnee, Otoe, or Kiowa. Who can help with good pictures? We are very happy, when here in the forum some dancers post pictures from her items.
Thanks all for help
HighWolf
HighWolf is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-23-2007, 10:20 AM   #2
Arena Director

powwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond repute
powwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 210.00
High wolf

None of the tribes you mentioned were traditionally know for many kinds of fully beaded mocs that are appropriate to wear. With that said...these days many dancers from those tribe do wear fully beaded mocs of a more generic rather than traditional form (mostly in a Cheyenne style). I have lots of pics of mocs and would be willing to share...I just have way too many to post here. Drop me a PM with a few more specifics and I will see if I can help you out by emailing pics to you directly.

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." Pablo Picasso

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift...that is why is it called the Present." Master Oogway - KungFu Panda

My comments are based on what I have been taught and my experiences over the years I have been around the circle. They should in no way be taken as gospel truths and are merely my opinions or attempts at passing on what I have learned while still learning more.
powwowbum49 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-23-2007, 01:17 PM   #3
hello

Items Present
superndngyrl has a reputation beyond repute
superndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,091.95
I had a picture somewhere of my grampa (that's otoe) with a pair of fully beaded mocs. They were cool!

but yea its not on the computer.

Why you trynna copy my tribe? *L*
superndngyrl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-23-2007, 03:14 PM   #4
HighWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by superndngyrl View Post
I had a picture somewhere of my grampa (that's otoe) with a pair of fully beaded mocs. They were cool!

but yea its not on the computer.

Why you trynna copy my tribe? *L*
Jo, its difficult to understand for you, but the indian culture is very interesting for peoples in Europa. We all are knowing what was happen before 150 years to now, and we think, it is good to learn from you-the hand craft, and much other things.
Is it bad?
HighWolf
Old 09-23-2007, 03:58 PM   #5
Junior Dancer

handgame_native is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighWolf View Post
Jo, its difficult to understand for you, but the indian culture is very interesting for peoples in Europa. We all are knowing what was happen before 150 years to now, and we think, it is good to learn from you-the hand craft, and much other things.
Is it bad?
HighWolf

Yes
handgame_native is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-23-2007, 05:07 PM   #6
HighWolf

why?
but You must know it...

Last edited by HighWolf; 09-23-2007 at 05:10 PM..
Old 09-23-2007, 06:53 PM   #7
Cherokee/Seneca/Baby

ADcRezFamily has a reputation beyond reputeADcRezFamily has a reputation beyond reputeADcRezFamily has a reputation beyond reputeADcRezFamily has a reputation beyond reputeADcRezFamily has a reputation beyond reputeADcRezFamily has a reputation beyond reputeADcRezFamily has a reputation beyond reputeADcRezFamily has a reputation beyond reputeADcRezFamily has a reputation beyond reputeADcRezFamily has a reputation beyond reputeADcRezFamily has a reputation beyond reputeADcRezFamily has a reputation beyond reputeADcRezFamily has a reputation beyond reputeADcRezFamily has a reputation beyond reputeADcRezFamily has a reputation beyond reputeADcRezFamily has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb I just got a bright Idea, Germans being Germans...:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighWolf View Post
why?
but You must know it...
I wouldn't say it is bad. But Germany and the other countries in Europe have and extensive and long history/culture.

For instance it wouldn't make any sense for Indian people to wear powdered wigs and dress up and Waltz when we have our own extensive culture. Why don't Germans who celebrate Indian Culture focus more so on their own.

Just a thought/question.
ADcRezFamily is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-24-2007, 12:36 AM   #8
Arena Director

powwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond repute
powwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 210.00
Well, It would not just be the Germans. NDN culture is studied and native crafts are done the world over. I have seen native crafts made by Germans, People from the old Czech republic, French, English, Polish, Russian and Japanese individuals. In most instances the work done by these individuals that are far and away from true native culture was outstanding. (I can't always say that about their knowledge base of the actual living culture, however those pesky oceans makes first hand experience with natives kinda hard for most foreign hobs.)

Now for a side thought...The use of "powdered wigs" is from several hundred years ago, as to whether the waltz was danced then or not I am not actually sure. Nonetheless the waltz is still around and danced by some even though the clothing worn has changed from when it was first danced Similarly, most all the modern forms of powwow dancing have their origins in older forms of dance and the clothes worn today most often are different than what was worn back in the day. Now everything evolves the world over ... and things done today like slow dancing at a school dance or a club could arguably be traced back to styles of dance like the waltz. The clothes are different, the music sounds different but the origins are still there. So if NDN couples are slow dancing at the local dance club or at a high school dance in their moderns clothes bought at the mall...aren't they doing the same thing that the foreign hobs are doing when they dance to powwow tunes in the NDN clothes they made or bought?

Just food for thought.

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." Pablo Picasso

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift...that is why is it called the Present." Master Oogway - KungFu Panda

My comments are based on what I have been taught and my experiences over the years I have been around the circle. They should in no way be taken as gospel truths and are merely my opinions or attempts at passing on what I have learned while still learning more.
powwowbum49 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-25-2007, 11:04 PM   #9
Cherokee/Seneca/Baby

ADcRezFamily has a reputation beyond reputeADcRezFamily has a reputation beyond reputeADcRezFamily has a reputation beyond reputeADcRezFamily has a reputation beyond reputeADcRezFamily has a reputation beyond reputeADcRezFamily has a reputation beyond reputeADcRezFamily has a reputation beyond reputeADcRezFamily has a reputation beyond reputeADcRezFamily has a reputation beyond reputeADcRezFamily has a reputation beyond reputeADcRezFamily has a reputation beyond reputeADcRezFamily has a reputation beyond reputeADcRezFamily has a reputation beyond reputeADcRezFamily has a reputation beyond reputeADcRezFamily has a reputation beyond reputeADcRezFamily has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by powwowbum49 View Post
Well, It would not just be the Germans. NDN culture is studied and native crafts are done the world over. I have seen native crafts made by Germans, People from the old Czech republic, French, English, Polish, Russian and Japanese individuals. In most instances the work done by these individuals that are far and away from true native culture was outstanding. (I can't always say that about their knowledge base of the actual living culture, however those pesky oceans makes first hand experience with natives kinda hard for most foreign hobs.)

Now for a side thought...The use of "powdered wigs" is from several hundred years ago, as to whether the waltz was danced then or not I am not actually sure. Nonetheless the waltz is still around and danced by some even though the clothing worn has changed from when it was first danced Similarly, most all the modern forms of powwow dancing have their origins in older forms of dance and the clothes worn today most often are different than what was worn back in the day. Now everything evolves the world over ... and things done today like slow dancing at a school dance or a club could arguably be traced back to styles of dance like the waltz. The clothes are different, the music sounds different but the origins are still there. So if NDN couples are slow dancing at the local dance club or at a high school dance in their moderns clothes bought at the mall...aren't they doing the same thing that the foreign hobs are doing when they dance to powwow tunes in the NDN clothes they made or bought?

Just food for thought.

Umm...

Slow dancing, jeans, suits, etc are a part of American Pop Culture. Indian people are American. Makes sense for us to "slow dance" "drop it like its hot" "mash potatoe" and so on.

Powwow Clothing and/or dance is not part of German(Or any other foreign) Culture. Therefore, it makes absolutely no sense to me why they would want to imitate us. The same as when boy scouts and other hobs here in America do it.

I don't see anyone getting dressed up as a slave being carried over on a slave ship, being sold on the "block".

But then again, I don't understand the point of reneactments either. *smile* lol

Just my useless two cents....
ADcRezFamily is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-03-2007, 09:04 PM   #10
Junior Dancer

handgame_native is a name known to all
Maybe the way you are going about learning isn't that great is the reason I posted. Sorry for not elaborating ~ it's just that there is so much more out there than the material culture that goes along with being Native, and it's a great thing to compliment your regalia with this knowledge.
handgame_native is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-04-2007, 01:38 AM   #11
HighWolf

So
the mocs are ready now, thank you for the help from somebody, look here
Kostenloser Bilder Upload Service - Gratis Bilder hochladen / uploaden ohne Anmeldung
My dance tail is ready too
Kostenloser Bilder Upload Service - Gratis Bilder hochladen / uploaden ohne Anmeldung
like my lose feather fan
Thomas
Old 10-04-2007, 11:58 AM   #12
Member since March 2000.

Mr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 60.00
Savings: 1.00
High Wolf.

VERY NICE pair of Kiowa Mocs pictured there!!

"When the God's wish to punish us, they grant our prayers."

O. Wilde
Mr Bo Jangles is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links