Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Crafts > Beadwork beaded head band for jingle dancer beaded head band for jingle dancer

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-24-2007, 12:46 PM   #1
Blackfeet Montana Lady

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
eagle wings is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 1.00
beaded head band for jingle dancer

can anyone explain to me how to make the beaded head bands that the young girls jingle dress dancers wear and how they attach them to the head?
eagle wings is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-24-2007, 01:26 PM   #2
hello

Items Present
superndngyrl has a reputation beyond repute
superndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,091.95
Savings: 0.00
For awhile there I seen some people use velcro to attach them to your head. Now I see those little bendy barrettes that you just snap on there. like these but plain: http://www.china-accessories.com/hai...ildrenbarr.jpg
superndngyrl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-24-2007, 01:46 PM   #3
Procrastinator Tater

Items Treasure Chest
JinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond repute
JinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 656.08
For my regalia, I always just appliqué a strip of bead work, back it, and then sew these little snap comb clips to the back. They're like a hair comb but they snap shut like the clips superndngrl showed. People mostly use them for wigs and hair pieces but you can get them in the hair or craft department of wal*mart, I think. I believe they have them at hobby lobby too. That way you just slide your headband on like with combs but then snap it in to secure it.

And, hey, when in doubt, try duct tape! LOL j/k But I have used duct tape many a time when suffering "regalia malfunction"s hahaha

here's some links of some clips:
http://www.maxwigs.com/snap-comb-cli...ies-p3191.html
http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.c...7_1943_2160256

JinglnCrazyLilBird is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-24-2007, 02:23 PM   #4
Gotz ta be me!

Singing Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond repute
Singing Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond repute
co-signing on what they said. They're pretty sturdy little clips, they last a long time, and they don't pull your hair like velcro.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:15 PM   #5
is waiting ....

chazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond repute
chazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 374.00
if you use the lil bendy clips .. they are very hard to position on your head (alot of time is used to position the piece straight on the hair/head - snap one side and then trying to position the other side .. sometimes causes it to mess up the hair and be crooked) and in my experience do not fair well during actual dancing .. they come loose easier. especially if you dont french braid your hair ..

velcro is better .. the key to using it is to undo your braids and slide the velcro down the hair ... doesnt pull out any hair when you do this. it also stays put better while dancing ..
Old 04-24-2007, 03:38 PM   #6
Junior Dancer

Native 1 is just really nice
I still would prefer the clips...velcro doesn't work with all hair types...yeah and duct tape works well too..lol...the clips come in all sizes so you can hide them under the head band and I don't think they move all that much..
"Each of us is put here in this time and this place to personally decide the future of mankind. Did you think the Creator would create unnecessary people in such terrible danger? Know that you yourself are essential to this World."-A. Looking Horse
Native 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-24-2007, 04:35 PM   #7
Procrastinator Tater

Items Treasure Chest
JinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond repute
JinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 656.08
Hmmm... now I really wanna try velcro!!! Its certain to stick to my head since, after all, my mind is pretty fuzzy! hehehehe

JinglnCrazyLilBird is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-24-2007, 11:21 PM   #8
Blackfeet Montana Lady

eagle wings is a jewel in the rough
well I guess I'm still confused - can someone tell me the step by step instructions in how to make one - and how do you attach barretts??
eagle wings is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-25-2007, 03:22 PM   #9
Junior Dancer

Native 1 is just really nice
you bead the design on something (canvas/crib cloth) and then you attach it to the design and sew the backing to it...and then you attach the clips or whatever...
"Each of us is put here in this time and this place to personally decide the future of mankind. Did you think the Creator would create unnecessary people in such terrible danger? Know that you yourself are essential to this World."-A. Looking Horse
Native 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links