Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree30Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Crafts > Beadwork beaded hoop earings beaded hoop earings

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-28-2010, 01:12 AM   #1
Fleabagalicious

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
fleabagalicious is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 70.00
Savings: 0.00
beaded hoop earings

can someone please do a tutorial on how to do beaded hoop earings. Please!
docat likes this.
fleabagalicious is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-30-2010, 02:39 AM   #2
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,056.53
If you can do a basic edge beading, you can bead hoop earrings.

You'll need a thin strip of buckskin that just wraps around the wire of your hoop. Leave it a little long, just in case.

Version 1: The first bead is the trickiest to get to lie flat. Hold your buckskin around the hoop with the edges together and lined up with the edge on the outside of the hoop. Make a stitch a beads-width from the end at a right angle. String on a bead and go thru the original hole you went thru , but only thru one layer of buckskin and up thru the bead.

If it's not laying flat, go thru the buckskin on the opposite side, thru one layer and up thru the bead again.

String on the 2nd and 3rd beads, go thru the buckskin just a little more that a bead's width away so there will be a slight gap between the beads for the middle bead to stand straight up. Go back up thru the 3rd bead and pull tight.

You should have a flat bead, a bead standing straight up and another flat bead. String on 2 more beads and repeat all the way around.

If the last bead doesn't lay flat, just go thru it again like the 1st bead.

Version 2: I have a pair of earrings my mom got me in high school that are beaded a little differently. Instead of having a bead between, it has stacks of 'flat' beads right next to each other. The stacks go from 1 bead up to 4 then back down in a pattern.

Use the same technique but just make sure you're just a beads-width away and go back up thru all the beads instead of the one.

I'll try to find them and take a pic.
docat likes this.
Old 11-13-2010, 05:58 AM   #3
Ready to dance

wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
[IMG]
IMAG0084 by wyo_rose, on Flickr/[/IMG]

Here's some basic string-the-beads-on-the-loop earrings.

[IMG]
IMAG0082 by wyo_rose, on Flickr[/IMG]

Here's some edge beaded earrings with NO buckskin wrapping. Very cool and easier, I'm sure. (Version 2)

[IMG]
IMAG0091 by wyo_rose, on Flickr[/IMG]

Here's my edge beaded hoop (35 years old now) that is wrapped with buckskin, then edge beaded.

The top two pics were taken at a stand at the Muckleshoot Veteran's day powwow last weekend. They shouldn't mind me posting the pics, as I bought $40 worth of rhinestones from them.

I made my girls some simple edge beaded earrings (Version 1) last year for Christmas, so I'm gonna get over there and take a pic.

I'm posting the links to FLICKR as well as trying to imbed the images. If one doesn't work, the other should.
docat likes this.

Last edited by wyo_rose; 12-05-2010 at 01:42 PM.. Reason: fixed the imbedded image link to BB code
wyo_rose is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-13-2010, 11:39 PM   #4
Ready to dance

Tutorial!!

Items needed for version 2:
Hoop, thread, beads

IMAG0136 by wyo_rose, on Flickr

1.Thread the bead on the string. (I think I'll change the directions to #1. Tie string on hoop, then string one one bead.)

IMAG0139 by wyo_rose, on Flickr

2. Wrap the thread around the hoop once and go back up thru the bead.

IMAG0140 by wyo_rose, on Flickr

3. String on 2 more beads.

IMAG0143 by wyo_rose, on Flickr

4. Wrap the thread around the hoop and go back up thru both beads. Pull snug.

IMAG0144 by wyo_rose, on Flickr

5. String on 3 beads.

IMAG0145 by wyo_rose, on Flickr

6. Wrap the thread around the hoop and go back up thru all three beads. Pull snug.

IMAG0146 by wyo_rose, on Flickr

7. String on 2 beads

IMAG0147 by wyo_rose, on Flickr

8. Wrap the thread around the hoop....etc...etc...

IMAG0148 by wyo_rose, on Flickr

9. Repeat until you're clear around the hoop. Tie off to the hoop.

IMAG0150 by wyo_rose, on Flickr

10. Those are NOT black beads mixed in with the blue. The flash makes them look extra dark.

IMAG0156 by wyo_rose, on Flickr

11. It is NOT a shower curtain hook, beaded with plastic Crow beads and kite string. It's a real earring!!!
docat likes this.

Last edited by wyo_rose; 12-05-2010 at 01:59 PM.. Reason: fixed embedded image code to BB format
wyo_rose is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-14-2010, 04:41 AM   #5
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 131,531.72
Savings: 1.00
Hey, are u gonna blame the model looking like a white girl on the flash, too?

I'm just being me!

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-14-2010, 04:54 AM   #6
Ugh. As. If.

Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,434.75
uh huh and this is you ----->

right?
docat likes this.
Grits & Beans is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-14-2010, 05:10 AM   #7
Ugh. As. If.

Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad View Post
Hey, are u gonna blame the model looking like a white girl on the flash, too?

I'm just being me!
i got an idea: have jd be your model next time...with his shirt off too
docat likes this.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:32 AM   #8
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits & Beans View Post
i got an idea: have jd be your model next time...with his shirt off too
I'll model for Wyo rose, but I want a hat like the kid!!! hahahaaa

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 11-14-2010, 05:41 AM   #9
Ugh. As. If.

Quote:
I'll model for Wyo rose, but I want a hat like the kid!!! hahahaaa
that would be too sexy

you know the model should be cute...not sexy...so i should be the model...i havent worn earrings in years, i had two holes in each ear lobe i should go check to make sure they are still open...

yep they are still open...

oops there i go again...you go ahead and be the model jd...nevermind me (she still doesn't know any better) ha ha ha ha ha
docat likes this.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:42 AM   #10
Ready to dance

Hey, it's just the flash took away all my natural tan!!

You no like my new earrings??
docat likes this.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:46 AM   #11
Ready to dance

Hey, G&B! These earring would be great for you. They're like clip ons, or clamp ons, I guess.

OK, Mr. Model. I'm gonna make you a pair and come clamp them on!! Of course, they'll match the rest of your outfit!
docat likes this.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:49 AM   #12
Ugh. As. If.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo_rose View Post
Hey, it's just the flash took away all my natural tan!!

You no like my new earrings??
i like your earrings!

i could never wear hoop earrings...its just the way my ears are shaped (no i dont have spock ears or anything)...when i got my ears pierced and tried on some silver hoop earrings they stuck out at a funny angle...and i realized if i wanted to wear hoop earrings i would have to pierce my ears crooked so they wouldn't stick out funny lol
docat likes this.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:49 AM   #13
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
I'm thinking...I should get my ears pierced again n wear two hoops on each side!

And a loo-ten-tant hat!

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Last edited by Joe's Dad; 11-14-2010 at 05:52 AM..
Old 11-14-2010, 05:50 AM   #14
Ugh. As. If.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo_rose View Post
Hey, G&B! These earring would be great for you. They're like clip ons, or clamp ons, I guess.

OK, Mr. Model. I'm gonna make you a pair and come clamp them on!! Of course, they'll match the rest of your outfit!
oh well if they clamp on i can work wit dat!
docat likes this.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:53 AM   #15
Ugh. As. If.

well syo since jd is game why dont you strip him down to his beaded thong too?
docat likes this.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:56 AM   #16
Ugh. As. If.

Quote:
I'm thinking...I should get my ears pierced again n wear two hoops on each side!

And a loo-ten-tant hat!
you mean the old school army hats back when the army was getting its butts kicked by the ndns?

how much would one of those go for?
docat likes this.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:57 AM   #17
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits & Beans View Post
well syo since jd is game why dont you strip him down to his beaded thong too?
Yeah, syo why don't u!!!!!
docat likes this.

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 11-14-2010, 05:59 AM   #18
Ready to dance

JD, I should have sent you a pic of this one dude at the Muckleshoot Veteran powwow of this guy with the army coat, and cap and then an apron.

Don't know if he had a beaded thong too!
docat likes this.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:00 AM   #19
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
You young ladies should apologize to fleabag...alicious for hijacking her thread!

This is me ---->

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 11-14-2010, 06:02 AM   #20
Ready to dance

Quote:
Yeah, syo why don't u!!!!!
OK, then!! I'm bringing the earrings and my camera. Don't forget you agreed to this!
docat likes this.