Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-29-2012, 10:22 PM   #1
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
debijo is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 469.63
Savings: 0.00
Question Custom beading

Hello, I am beading 2 eagle feathers for a man. I am following his pattern, which took some planning to reduce it to the feather shank size. I am using my beads, he had already put the leather on the shank. I don't know how much to charge him, could you tell me what it might be worth? Thanks so much, Debi
debijo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-30-2012, 01:12 AM   #2
Pow Wow Visitor

horsehairjewls has a reputation beyond reputehorsehairjewls has a reputation beyond reputehorsehairjewls has a reputation beyond reputehorsehairjewls has a reputation beyond reputehorsehairjewls has a reputation beyond reputehorsehairjewls has a reputation beyond reputehorsehairjewls has a reputation beyond reputehorsehairjewls has a reputation beyond reputehorsehairjewls has a reputation beyond reputehorsehairjewls has a reputation beyond reputehorsehairjewls has a reputation beyond reputehorsehairjewls has a reputation beyond reputehorsehairjewls has a reputation beyond reputehorsehairjewls has a reputation beyond reputehorsehairjewls has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 227.03
depends on size of beads and size of feathers and pattern....ive done a lot might be able to help
horsehairjewls is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-30-2012, 09:23 AM   #3
Pow Wow Visitor

Thank you Horsehairjewls....I am using 11/0 beads, the pattern is not real, real complicated and the beading amounts to about 1" x 2" for each feather.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:07 PM   #4
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 51,729.10
Also depends on TYPE of beads, the amount of time and effort that it took you to work on the pattern, and to do the actual beading.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:57 PM   #5
Pow Wow Visitor

I am using czech 11/0's. I had to go by his pattern, so it took some work to make it fit on the feather. I don't know how much time I spent because of trial and error on the pattern part. I am doing it for the love of beading and doing new things and perhaps some word of mouth advertising more so than the money...
Old 04-30-2012, 03:05 PM   #6
Ready to dance

wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Well, in that case, just give it to him and then work out a reasonable price on his next order.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:12 PM   #7
Pow Wow Visitor

jewells53 is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 119.65
New

Hello. I am new here and I am very interested in learning the art of beading. Is there a site that shows how or books that can be purchased that would teach me how to do this. I really want to do this for my own pleasure. I am disabled and this looks and sounds like a great thing to help me.
Thanks to all
jewells53 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-01-2012, 03:00 PM   #8
Ready to dance

Welcome! There are many posts here in this forum for beginners, as well as links to websites. You might have to do a little digging though.

Good luck!