Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Crafts > Beadwork Does anyone know where I can find Japanese Hex Cut Beads Size 15? Does anyone know where I can find Japanese Hex Cut Beads Size 15?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-17-2005, 12:25 PM   #1
Traditional Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Cutbead Queen is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Does anyone know where I can find Japanese Hex Cut Beads Size 15?

Does anyone know where I can find Japanese Hex Cut Beads Size 15? I need to order them in abundance for my daughters new outfit. I live in phoenix so that would be great to find a place here, but online is fine too! Thanks!
Cutbead Queen is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-18-2005, 01:37 PM   #2
Senior Dancer

debbieyd is a name known to all
Arrow Hex cut beads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutbead Queen
Does anyone know where I can find Japanese Hex Cut Beads Size 15? I need to order them in abundance for my daughters new outfit. I live in phoenix so that would be great to find a place here, but online is fine too! Thanks!

I dont' know if you have ever been to Washington State but at the Wapato Pawn & Trade in Wapato they have an assortment of cut beads, the names I'm not sure of but you can call there 509-877-6405, they do have a web site but you'd need to call them to find that out!
Old 05-19-2005, 10:06 AM   #3
Junior Dancer

tiBBy is just really nice
Shipwreck it BEAD HEAVEN! lol

www.shipwreck.com i think...they are also in Olympia Wa I think?

Wapato is a good place to find 'hard to finds' as well

" someone who can sing the song in your heart, even when you have forgotten the words...;)"
tiBBy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-20-2005, 09:38 AM   #4
smoke & ladies tradish

3ndnbear is a name known to all
Credits: 170.00
www.firemountaingems.com has 15 but listed is "fancy". They dont really say if they are cut. I'm sure that you can call them and ask. I have been getting beads from them for over a year and am pretty pleased. Some of the colors aren't as they appear but they have no problem returning and replacing your order. Hope this helps.
3ndnbear is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-22-2005, 02:20 PM   #5
Traditional Dancer

Cutbead Queen is a jewel in the rough
Talking

Thanks everyone, for all your source suggestions.

Debbieyd:Thank you again, and I assume that the question mark after your title post suggests that you may not know what "hex" cut beads are. They are absolutely beautiful tiny little beads that the Japanese started creating in response to the Chezch's inability to manufacture and export cut beads after WWII because the glass factories were bombed out during the war.

Anyway, "hex" cuts are a faceted bead with six flat sides. This adds extra sparkle. (For those of you that are anti-rhinestone) I've only found them sold loose and are very hard to find, I had a source on the internet which carried over 70 different colors and in various finishes but it has mysteriously shut down over the past two weeks.

Again, Thanks everyone for your help!
Cutbead Queen is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-22-2005, 06:19 PM   #6
Junior Dancer

dancingbeauty will become famous soon enough
Japanese Hex Cut Beads

Try Fire Mountain Gems and Beads
Old 10-19-2005, 01:47 AM   #7
Native Illuzionz-My Biz

canavajo is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 431.06
You can try www.thunderbirdsupply.com sometimes they carry that size if not you may be able to do a special purchase. Good beading.

The only stupid question is the question that is not asked.
canavajo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-19-2005, 05:11 AM   #8
Honey Connoissuer

Blackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 546.23
Savings: 1.00
Miyuki and Toho are the distributors of the japanese hex cut beads for all bead stores... and they are online.. go directly to them and see what they charge.. if not, I bought 97% of my hex beads from Mohawk's bead shack in hibbing Minnesota and their prices rock!

Hibbing
Bead Shack
4017 N. Salmi Rd.
Hibbing, MN 55746
218-262-4798
Tues.-Fri. 10-4
Owners: Don and Vi Mohawk
www.beadshack.net
email: [email protected]
Old 10-20-2005, 12:50 AM   #9
PowWows.com Addicts

Roobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond repute
Blackbear I was meaning to send you a message but last time I saw them (Mohawks) was at Shakopee powwow (August) they said they were closing down at the end of September or whenever they could sell the business. I haven't called or anything since but I hope they are still going because they have good beads at some awesome prices. I should call though but I'm scared and don't want to hear them say "no we're closed now" LOL
Roobz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-20-2005, 08:04 PM   #10
Honey Connoissuer

Blackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 546.23
Savings: 1.00
Oh that would be a huge shame! They have great prices and a huge selection and such a nice couple!
Old 11-20-2005, 11:54 AM   #11
Beadworker

sokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,106.54
this place has alot of 15o hex beads there was like 68 different colors and finishes in their newest catalog they have alot of tiny beads too...down to 24o and a ton of lusters and 11o's the address is :
beadcats
po box 2840
wilsonville.OR 97070-2840
www.beadcats.com

hope this helps :-)
sokoki_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-12-2006, 08:04 PM   #12

Okwahocreations is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 625.49
you can try ebay- search under " hex Beads" theres a couple who sells the beads in the variety of colors and the prices arent bad either.
Okwahocreations is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links