Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Crafts > Beadwork OOoh,  I've Got Double Vision OOoh, I've Got Double Vision

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 11:10 PM   #1
Beady Eyed & Beautiful

Items DollDolphin
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Suzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond repute
Suzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 4,206.83
Savings: 0.00
Cool OOoh, I've Got Double Vision

Hi All!

I've been beading up a storm lately, working on leggings during beading demos at a local museum, especially when the manager said I could bead there anytime. I'm usually working in natural light, beading as long as I can, until my eyes tell me it's time to stop.
Then I have to give my eyes a chance to refocus, so they are all right for the drive home. (Last week, I asked the manager if he had something I could do while I allowed my eyes to refocus & what did he say.....You could clean all the glass in the exhibits...and, yes, it is a small museum & a way of giving back for my beading privilege there)

As for the double vision, I was working on a barrette last week. After completing what I wanted to do, I decided to check my e-mail. That when the double vision hit me....like watching a 3-d movie without the glasses.

What are your experiences with "beady eyes" and possible "double vision" after beading for a few hours? What did you do to correct it...especially when the eye of your needle disappears while you're trying to thread it?

I'm to about the half way point of my 2nd legging & want to keep beading, Beady eyes or not, since I want to complete them by the end of the year.
Suzizila is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-04-2012, 11:17 PM   #2
Beady Eyed & Beautiful

Items DollDolphin
Suzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond repute
Suzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Now I've really got double vision

Hey Moderators!

I must have seen the button in double vision again and hit the darn thing twice. Could you fix the problem for me, please?
Old 11-06-2012, 12:28 PM   #3
Pow Wow Visitor

Eastern6502 has a reputation beyond reputeEastern6502 has a reputation beyond reputeEastern6502 has a reputation beyond reputeEastern6502 has a reputation beyond reputeEastern6502 has a reputation beyond reputeEastern6502 has a reputation beyond reputeEastern6502 has a reputation beyond reputeEastern6502 has a reputation beyond reputeEastern6502 has a reputation beyond reputeEastern6502 has a reputation beyond reputeEastern6502 has a reputation beyond reputeEastern6502 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 215.45
OOoh, I've Got Double Vision

When that suddenly happened to me it was permanent, till I saw an eye doctor and got treated. I hope nothing serious is going on with your eyes.

Things that help my eyes: resting them before they feel too tired, closing my eyes during a rest break, or looking out a window into the distance, or taking a walk outside.
Eastern6502 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-07-2012, 12:01 AM   #4
Beady Eyed & Beautiful

Items DollDolphin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern6502 View Post
When that suddenly happened to me it was permanent, till I saw an eye doctor and got treated. I hope nothing serious is going on with your eyes.

Things that help my eyes: resting them before they feel too tired, closing my eyes during a rest break, or looking out a window into the distance, or taking a walk outside.
Thanks Eastern! Cleaning the glass in the exhibits wasn't bad either. I had a chance to look at what was on display, even if I didn't read all the descriptions. Somebody I mentioned this to suggested that I might also wear magnifying (reading) glasses, so that needle eye won't disappear on me. (I just keep on trying and trying to thread my needle & eventually it goes through.)
Old 11-07-2012, 03:30 PM   #5
Silver Moon

Items 49 Access
silvermoon2012 has a reputation beyond repute
silvermoon2012 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermoon2012 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermoon2012 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermoon2012 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermoon2012 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermoon2012 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermoon2012 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermoon2012 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermoon2012 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermoon2012 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermoon2012 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermoon2012 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermoon2012 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermoon2012 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermoon2012 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermoon2012 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermoon2012 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermoon2012 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermoon2012 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermoon2012 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,311.12
I have double vision without my glasses and it gets worse when I am beading. Sometimes the double vision gives me a head ache and that is usually the point when I stop. It is so fun and relaxing that the head ache that comes before the end product is worth it.

Sometimes the cup is have empty, Sometimes it is half full. I just want to know who keeps drinking my .
silvermoon2012 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-29-2012, 01:18 PM   #6
Pronounced like "docket"

Items Rainbow$CakeTreasure Chest
docat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond repute
docat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 7,375.82
One cure for double focus

It doesn't work for everyone, but the nurse at my eye exam advised to not abruptly look up but to ease the distance vision in. So if you move from your work to a little further out slowly and a little further out and then to make your way to distance vision.

And my answer was, Who has time for that? LOL

But I actually DID try her suggestion and before I sat down, chose places to focus on that are further and further from me so that when I was finished beading I could look at some preplanned spots for a half minute each, and it did work for me. But I usually don't do it (dinner is charring) or I forget or it's not worth the trouble.

But since you are driving after beading, not seeing double is kinda important, so you might want to see if it works for you too.
docat is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-29-2012, 01:59 PM   #7
Beady Eyed & Beautiful

Items DollDolphin
Quote:
Originally Posted by docat View Post
It doesn't work for everyone, but the nurse at my eye exam advised to not abruptly look up but to ease the distance vision in. So if you move from your work to a little further out slowly and a little further out and then to make your way to distance vision.

And my answer was, Who has time for that? LOL

But I actually DID try her suggestion and before I sat down, chose places to focus on that are further and further from me so that when I was finished beading I could look at some preplanned spots for a half minute each, and it did work for me. But I usually don't do it (dinner is charring) or I forget or it's not worth the trouble.

But since you are driving after beading, not seeing double is kinda important, so you might want to see if it works for you too.

docat, thanks for your suggestion.

I did find out that if I focus on something else for about a half hour or so, before I go home, then my eyes readjust. Right after my volunteer orientation at the museum, i asked the site manager if he had something for me to do during this time & He said," You could clean the glass in the exhibits." So, i was looking at the exhibits & cleaning the glass.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:17 PM   #8
Pronounced like "docket"

docat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond repute
Suzizila

Do you notice a difference in your double vision in natural light and artificial? It seems to me it is worse when I work outside.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:30 PM   #9
Beady Eyed & Beautiful

Items DollDolphin
docat

Quote:
Do you notice a difference in your double vision in natural light and artificial? It seems to me it is worse when I work outside.
When I am beading at the museum, I bead where ever I can set up. Sometimes I am at a table next to a window with plenty of natural light & sometimes I work at a table by the front desk, where there is artificial light. As long as the light is bright enough, I'm alright. I guess it really doesn't matter to me...it doesn't matter where I am.....threading my needle ends up being a challenge. I just keep at it until it is threaded.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:57 PM   #10
Pronounced like "docket"

At Jo Ann fabric store, I saw a free standing magnified lamp that I was very tempted to buy. It was over 100 bux, so I thought I better think about it.

Besides the double vision, I have aging eyes and even with my glasses, I have trouble with the smaller beads. Since I have more trouble with double vision outdoors, I was thinking this artificial light might also help.

Do you or anyone own one of those lamps? I'm wondering if it is worth the money.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:37 AM   #11
Beady Eyed & Beautiful

Items DollDolphin
Quote:
At Jo Ann fabric store, I saw a free standing magnified lamp that I was very tempted to buy. It was over 100 bux, so I thought I better think about it.

Besides the double vision, I have aging eyes and even with my glasses, I have trouble with the smaller beads. Since I have more trouble with double vision outdoors, I was thinking this artificial light might also help.

Do you or anyone own one of those lamps? I'm wondering if it is worth the money.
I tried something similiar to that last year. My dad, a retired doctor, had an examination lamp, which he used in his office. It was extremely bright & a lot of fun to look through when trying to thread a needle. He has another one that clamps onto a table. The free standing one was the best,though.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:22 AM   #12
Pronounced like "docket"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzizila View Post
I tried something similiar to that last year. My dad, a retired doctor, had an examination lamp, which he used in his office. It was extremely bright & a lot of fun to look through when trying to thread a needle. He has another one that clamps onto a table. The free standing one was the best,though.
Wow, now that would be a really good lamp!! I wonder if you can get something like that on ebay? I have seen exam tables and medical stuff that people can't get hurt on for sale like that. Also being older, it was probably better made. The ones at Jo Ann fabrix look kinda flimsy. Will let you know how that turns out.

Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links