PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture (http://forums.powwows.com/)
-   Beadwork (http://forums.powwows.com/f14/)
-   -   re-entering fancy dancing after many years need help beading (http://forums.powwows.com/f14/re-entering-fancy-dancing-after-many-years-need-help-beading-70896/)

Thresher61 01-22-2018 01:39 AM

re-entering fancy dancing after many years need help beading

Good evening everyone, please forgive the long email....

I am hoping for a blessing from someone. I have been out of the dance scene for quite a few years. I am building a totally new costume. I am starting a new set of beadwork to go with my new costume. I have been putting this part off because I have a couple of issues going on with my hands. They won't hold the small beading needle much longer than 30-45mnts hour. Have ran ad's here & there for someone who beads part time and is affordable.

I have to bead two strips that will be 3"W x 48"L. I printed off some beading graph paper and I had already had my design in my mind.

I was 20 rows into beading and figured it wasn't 3" wide. I am using 10/0 silver lined beads. I am trying to figure out what went wrong. I have been researching last 3 hours and finally came up a measurement. How do all of you do it. I am coming up with about 16 beads side to side equals a inch(1"), is that close? So I want my beadwork to be 3" wide, I need 48 beads to make 3" correct? What beading graph paper do I need to use? Guess I will like be starting over.
Have 1 other problem, I don't know how to post pics or I would post my cuffs design on paper. Cuffs are bigger at back gets smaller towards the front, cuff size are to be 91/2" wide in front, 121/2" wide in back, and 7" long front to back, every 5 rows I'm adding a bead to each side go 5 rows down add another bead to each side. so that makes the front row 154 wide, back row at 200 beads wide. Am I any where close to getting this correct? Can anyone help without burning me at the stake? My new cuff graph paper design will be nearly 30" x 30" I have it cut out already, is everyone else's pattern usually that big? Thanks to anyone that will give some good critique, please limit negative comments we all have to start out somewhere, thanks and have a great night and good week.

OLChemist 01-22-2018 04:03 AM

What technique are you using for your regalia?

wardancer 01-22-2018 10:48 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I replied to you and told you that my wife might be interested , but you never made contact with her. A missed opportunity now. Good luck with it.

By the way , my patterns are whatever size of the project I'm making.

Joe's Dad 01-29-2018 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wardancer (Post 1634726)
I replied to you and told you that my wife might be interested , but you never made contact with her. A missed opportunity now. Good luck with it.

By the way , my patterns are whatever size of the project I'm making.

I used to have a set of cuffs just like those yellow ones.

Now my son has a set of cuffs just like those yellow ones. LOL

wardancer 01-29-2018 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe's Dad (Post 1634778)
I used to have a set of cuffs just like those yellow ones.

Now my son has a set of cuffs just like those yellow ones. LOL

To bad he doesn't have mocs to match ! LOL A good (Joe's)Dad could make that happen ! :rofl:

Broken Arrow 01-30-2018 01:09 PM

The yellow ones nice, really nice.

wardancer 01-30-2018 01:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Broken Arrow (Post 1634793)
The yellow ones nice, really nice.

Here's the other side.

Broken Arrow 01-30-2018 02:17 PM

Sigh, great.

Wearing the full set of regalia, you must look awesome.

wardancer 01-30-2018 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broken Arrow (Post 1634795)
Sigh, great.

Wearing the full set of regalia, you must look awesome.

Those aren't mine ! They were Joe'sDads , I made them. Now they're his sons ! LOL He looks.....well....O.K. in his outfit. You know , for an ol' guy ! :hysterica

Broken Arrow 01-30-2018 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wardancer (Post 1634796)
Those aren't mine ! They were Joe'sDads , I made them. Now they're his sons ! LOL He looks.....well....O.K. in his outfit. You know , for an ol' guy ! :hysterica

:angel::lol:
When a man's good years are over, his best years come.

For man of the Junior Golden Age or Golden Age, hey, they are still good looking.

Tradition my friend, tradition and those cuffs will serve the next generation too, I trust.

Joe's Dad 01-30-2018 10:53 PM

Hmmm...I wonder how much a set of side drops would cost?

I'm just wondering out loud.

Broken Arrow 01-31-2018 02:42 AM

Perhaps you get a silent reply.

Joe's Dad 01-31-2018 08:56 AM

Ha! The reply is a loudmouth! :rofl: :laughing:

wardancer 01-31-2018 10:46 AM

That depends ! LOL Ruby or yellow ? LOL Shhhhhh......

Broken Arrow 01-31-2018 10:55 AM

Ruby and yellow of course.

Two sets for different occasions.

Hm, may be a secret blue set as camouflage.

wardancer 01-31-2018 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe's Dad (Post 1634802)
Hmmm...I wonder how much a set of side drops would cost?

I'm just wondering out loud.

Prolly have to dig up a couple of those soup cans full of money you got buried out in your backyard ! Figure out how much you want to spend , double it , and I'll get them done in a couple years ! :rofl:

Joe's Dad 01-31-2018 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wardancer (Post 1634811)
Prolly have to dig up a couple of those soup cans full of money you got buried out in your backyard ! Figure out how much you want to spend , double it , and I'll get them done in a couple years ! :rofl:

I found out those soup cans had holes in the bottom and all the pennies drained out. Maybe you should bead them, send tgem and then I'll pay you in a coupla years. Good trade!

Broken Arrow 01-31-2018 03:59 PM

:tv_happy:

:lol:

Joe's Dad 01-31-2018 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wardancer (Post 1634794)
Here's the other side.

Nice.

wardancer 01-31-2018 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe's Dad (Post 1634814)
Nice.

Reminiscing ? They are pretty !:lol: