Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Crafts > Beadwork What's Your Favorite Beadstore What's Your Favorite Beadstore

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-27-2004, 04:30 PM   #1
Powwow Chair Carrier

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
uw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond repute
Location: Oregon State University for School, Yakama Rez is home
Credits: 958.69
Savings: 0.00
What's Your Favorite Beadstore

When i was little, my mom would drag us along to the bead store, and torture us for HOURS as she shopped. The only pleasure we got was sliding around on the floor looking for loose beads. Sometimes we'd play with the cat (all bead stores seem to have an old cat).

BUT NOW - I go into a bead store and spend hours trying to match colors and looking at new beads. My favorite beadstores are Beadworld (in Seattle), Shipwreck Beads (Lacey, WA), and Wapato Pawn & Trade (back home on the Yakama rez they call it "Andy's").

What's your favorite beadstore?

My Website
uw_n8iv is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-27-2004, 04:39 PM   #2
2spirit "Str8" dancer

WisconsinBlackBear has a reputation beyond reputeWisconsinBlackBear has a reputation beyond repute
WisconsinBlackBear has a reputation beyond reputeWisconsinBlackBear has a reputation beyond reputeWisconsinBlackBear has a reputation beyond reputeWisconsinBlackBear has a reputation beyond reputeWisconsinBlackBear has a reputation beyond reputeWisconsinBlackBear has a reputation beyond reputeWisconsinBlackBear has a reputation beyond reputeWisconsinBlackBear has a reputation beyond reputeWisconsinBlackBear has a reputation beyond reputeWisconsinBlackBear has a reputation beyond reputeWisconsinBlackBear has a reputation beyond reputeWisconsinBlackBear has a reputation beyond reputeWisconsinBlackBear has a reputation beyond reputeWisconsinBlackBear has a reputation beyond reputeWisconsinBlackBear has a reputation beyond reputeWisconsinBlackBear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,600.00
I have to admit that I do most of my bead buying online from Noc Bay.
When you are born into this world you reach for either a bow and quiver, which is blessed by the Sun, our Grandfather, or you reach for an awl and sewing bag, which is blessed by the moon, our Grandmother. From that time on you will follow that vision and be blessed.
WisconsinBlackBear is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-27-2004, 04:42 PM   #3
Junior Dancer

ndnmba has a reputation beyond reputendnmba has a reputation beyond reputendnmba has a reputation beyond reputendnmba has a reputation beyond reputendnmba has a reputation beyond reputendnmba has a reputation beyond reputendnmba has a reputation beyond reputendnmba has a reputation beyond reputendnmba has a reputation beyond reputendnmba has a reputation beyond reputendnmba has a reputation beyond reputendnmba has a reputation beyond reputendnmba has a reputation beyond reputendnmba has a reputation beyond reputendnmba has a reputation beyond reputendnmba has a reputation beyond reputendnmba has a reputation beyond reputendnmba has a reputation beyond reputendnmba has a reputation beyond reputendnmba has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 140.00
When I was a kid, I loved going to Lokken's in Redby MN. Beads and Ice cream in the same store!!! I mostly order online or from wholesalers but I really am happy to see the Beadshack from Hibbing, MN and Kara Purdy set up at any pow-wow. I am addicted to 3-cut beads. For Delicas and other Japanese beads, I like Stormcloud Trading and Bobby Bead in Minneapolis.
ndnmba is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-04-2004, 07:20 PM   #4
Woman's Fancy

CJTurtle is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 0.00
I love that Fire mountain Gems.......The reason is they stock the same colors so you never worry about not getting that color again, and the more you buy well the cheaper the cost.
Old 08-04-2004, 07:55 PM   #5
Senior Dancer

River Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond repute
Baker Bay at pow-wow, Crazy Crow online. I had to buy some french brass and ermine recently and CCTP had Noc and Matoska both beat out.
"The Cleveland Indians are going to change their name. They don't want to be known as a team that perpetuates racial stereotypes. From now on they're just going to be called the Indians." - Native Comedian Vaughn Eaglebear, Colville/Lakota
River Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-04-2004, 08:11 PM   #6
Junior Dancer

lsijohn is on a distinguished road
My favorite is Shipwreck Beads. I felt like a kid in a candy store!! It was breath-taking!! :p I also do a lot of mail-order with Shipwreck.

We have a local store in Spokane, WA called Creative Native. Sisters from the Colville reservation own the store. They don't have a cat -- but have a cute miniature chihuahua.

In one of the corners of the store they have a little box of toys for kids. That's right where my kids go -- they always know we will be there for a little while (whether I am bead shopping or visiting with the ladies).

Those are 2 of my favorites.
lsijohn is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-04-2004, 08:22 PM   #7
Senior Dancer

River Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeRiver Spirit has a reputation beyond repute
Red face

How cute!

I'm still trying to see if I can get up for the Spokane Labor Day Celebration... I hope, I hope, I hope.

D
"The Cleveland Indians are going to change their name. They don't want to be known as a team that perpetuates racial stereotypes. From now on they're just going to be called the Indians." - Native Comedian Vaughn Eaglebear, Colville/Lakota
River Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-04-2004, 10:41 PM   #8
The bear is out!

Items DevilTree
Tibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond repute
Tibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,915.95
My friends think I have the biggest collection of beads, they have seen that I have more variety than a lot of the stores, seems that buying in bulk has always been my best, got a lot while I travelled in Europe and now I go to the harbour and get it right off the ships as they come in!!! I have a whole wall devoted to beads and that is just the open viewable stuff, the overflow is in bags and other big containers. A complete armoir is full of the overflow. I think I might have about a thousand different kinds by now and I know that a store is now looking at my collection and wants to know where I got some of them. This year I bought a new kind and they are all glass, as well I went to a garage sale and found a bag of beads from the victorian era, nearly three pounds of them and they are nearly impossible to get. I paid a buck for the bag.

It is the year of the bear, I am sharpening my claws and will no longer tollerate harrassment.

Born in Winnipeg raised in the Pikwakanagan, Deutschland was never home! Army brat that had no choice in a parents duties to home and country. I Too Serve our flag and work for the uniform.
Stand behind our troops or stand IN FRONT of them.
Tibiki Kinew is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-31-2004, 12:41 AM   #9
Pow Wow Visitor

Red Stevens is an unknown quantity at this point
Nothing compares to Shipwreck beads in Lacey Wa for both selection and price. The store is as big as a Target store and all bead related. The have a website, here is the link:
www.shipwreckbeads.com
Their catalog has 800 pages and costs $10 but you get $15 off your first order. Have fun looking.
Red
Red Stevens is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-31-2004, 10:10 AM   #10

NCheyGirl21 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl21 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl21 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl21 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl21 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl21 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl21 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl21 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl21 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl21 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl21 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl21 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl21 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl21 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl21 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl21 has a reputation beyond repute
I Like Buying My Beads Off Noc Bay Since I Live Here In Michigan..If I Cant Find Anything In There I Need I Go To Bead Stores Close To Me!
NCheyGirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-31-2004, 10:37 AM   #11
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,056.53
I'm out in the bead desert. No great bead stores, and the local ones just barely can cut it. I even special ordered a kilo and they sent two, one wrong color but right size, and the other the right color but too big. I hate ordering online cuz I gotta see how even the beads look.

The best I've been to is the Clothes Horse at the Trading Post in Fort Hall. In fact I'm going there next week to look for some gold or silver glass beads that won't fade or flake.
wyo_rose is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-31-2004, 11:30 AM   #12
Shmiles With Eskimo Pride

nt_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond repute
nt_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,364.92
Similar story here

There is no real selection of buying beads, in my town - and like wyo-rose ... i have to "see" the beads before i buy em, 'cause i don't want want to be doin a whole lotta beading and then the color flake or fade. but! when i go south ... :) then i love to buy my beads/supplies from this lil' family owned/run store called, ken belcourt and furs ... great lil' place

"A person who works with their hands is a laborer,
A person who works with their hands & their brain is a craftsman,
A person who works with their brain & their heart ... is an Artist".
Join my on my face book fan page:
nt_inuk is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-08-2004, 10:25 PM   #13
Pow Wow Visitor

Lone Fox is an unknown quantity at this point
I get my beads mostly from Shipwreck, bulk rate is the best that I found. I do get a few from CCTP and or Noc Bay depending on what I'm trying to match and such.
Lone Fox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-26-2004, 11:35 PM   #14
Pow Wow Visitor

seamstressa is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Looking for Kara Purdy...

HI!

I'm hoping anyone who has a contact number or an address to her website would like to help me out. I had purchased a few beads from her and unfortunately I ran out, soOoOooooo I need more. Thanks to anyone who could possibly help!
seamstressa is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-26-2004, 11:52 PM   #15
Junior Dancer

sweet_singin_sista has a reputation beyond repute
sweet_singin_sista has a reputation beyond reputesweet_singin_sista has a reputation beyond reputesweet_singin_sista has a reputation beyond reputesweet_singin_sista has a reputation beyond reputesweet_singin_sista has a reputation beyond reputesweet_singin_sista has a reputation beyond reputesweet_singin_sista has a reputation beyond reputesweet_singin_sista has a reputation beyond reputesweet_singin_sista has a reputation beyond reputesweet_singin_sista has a reputation beyond reputesweet_singin_sista has a reputation beyond reputesweet_singin_sista has a reputation beyond repute
beads!

JOHN BEAD INC in TORONTO!
Old 10-13-2004, 06:33 PM   #16
Pow Wow Visitor

haunani is an unknown quantity at this point
I use delicas and the best prices I've found are at foxden designs. (online)
haunani is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links