Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Crafts > Beadwork Yanno yer addicted when .... Yanno yer addicted when ....

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-10-2006, 09:54 PM   #21
Great Uncle Patrick

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
between2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond repute
between2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 5,691.96
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingbear_2
When I want to bead everything in sight. Most of my gifts for my family was beadwork. Wanting to get started on my next project, before the project I was working wasn't finished. Still to this day I don't think of myself as a experienced beader. I'm not! Also I have called in sick a few times to get my beadwork and regalia done. I Love it!!!
*grin* I save altoid tins, bead pieces on canvas to put on the lids, sew the pieces onto shelf paper and stick the shelf paper on the lids. They are great for putting all sorts of stuff inside to give away.

My wife gets motion sickness and the 24 hr Dramamine comes in these cool little vial-tubes. I got a bunch of those stashed thinking they'll be good for practicing peyote stitch on...

I am an addict - between collecting patterns, beads and things to bead on I have schtuff all over the place.

I did finish one of the delica pieces tonight... tomorrow I start the 2nd moc toe piece for a set of moccassins.... of course I'll probably also set up the next delica piece while I'm at it.
between2worlds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-11-2006, 07:55 PM   #22
Champion Dancer

charliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,232.00
Savings: 0.00
Talking yanno yer addicted when...

All of my bead and craft orders come to my office. I live very rural and our post office is closed before I get off work and only a few hours on weekends. Last week I ordered some feathers from crazy crow. I think that they must store them in moth balls. Customers came in to look at our computers and asked about moths and any damage to computers. I couldn't figure out what he was talking about. After he left my son in law said maybe we should move the feathers. I said no because I didn't want to forget about them and didn't want my car to smell like mothballs. Then I got it. HAHA. Yes also the week before that I got a kilo of the white stuff. Shipwreck had a sale on cuts, 50% off. Couldn't miss that.
charliemom is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-11-2006, 10:06 PM   #23
Tiny Tot Dancer

the bee is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
yanno yer addicted when...
you get a speeding ticket because you are thinking of a bead project driving down the road.
the bee is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-11-2006, 10:13 PM   #24
Eater of all frybread!!

Fat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,435.60
Yes, the force is strong with the Crazy Crow feathers! I put all of mine in a large plastic container (with transparent walls so I know where my stuff is) and it seems to do great holding in the smell... and I hope keeping out the bugs! Hey... have you ever seen moth balls? Yes? Question... how did you hold his little legs open? Sorry, I had an old supervisor that told me that. I am going to talk to some of my people at Crazy Crow and see if they are willing to change their motto to:
"We ship dead things!" Maybe they could get the kid from the movie to be their tv spokesperson!
Fat Albert is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-12-2006, 12:17 PM   #25
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,056.53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Albert
Hey... have you ever seen moth balls? Yes? Question... how did you hold his little legs open?

Last edited by wyo_rose; 10-12-2006 at 12:25 PM..
wyo_rose is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-12-2006, 01:52 PM   #26
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantRainbowDevilDevil
Eagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond repute
Eagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 32,425.79
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo_rose
Thats too funny
Eagle Plumes is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-12-2006, 02:09 PM   #27
Great Uncle Patrick

between2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond repute
between2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween2worlds has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Albert
Yes, the force is strong with the Crazy Crow feathers! I put all of mine in a large plastic container (with transparent walls so I know where my stuff is) and it seems to do great holding in the smell... and I hope keeping out the bugs! Hey... have you ever seen moth balls? Yes? Question... how did you hold his little legs open? Sorry, I had an old supervisor that told me that. I am going to talk to some of my people at Crazy Crow and see if they are willing to change their motto to:
"We ship dead things!" Maybe they could get the kid from the movie to be their tv spokesperson!

man, you're jezz not right!

Reminds me of the couple o' years I worked in the PC Labs on campus... beginning of every semester some joker(s) would steal all the rubber mouse balls out of the mice attached to the lab computers... supply dweebs would be laffin' their butts off every time we had to call asking for 100 mouse balls.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:13 PM   #28
Champion Dancer

charliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond reputecharliemom has a reputation beyond repute
I work in purchasing and have never had to order mouse balls. That would be an interesting phone conversation to have with the vendor. I wonder what the culprit does with all of those balls?

My collections are beads and sewing supplies, no room for another hobby or collection. I get the tackle bags for walmart. you know the ones with 5 trays for different lures in them. This keeps my beads and findings organized. There are also multiple pockets. I keep my leather and beading material seperate from my scissors and pliers. I think the fishing company Aiwa makes these. I have about 4 of these. they cost about $30.00 each. Cheaper than getting the ones from Joann's or Hancocks.

hmmmm...... maybe I should keep the mouse balls from all of the dead mice that we have. Are they the same size????
Old 10-13-2006, 09:34 PM   #29
Tiny Tot Dancer

SouthernDrumSinger is on a distinguished road
Credits: 187.20
You might be addicted

You might be addicted if you get a beading blister on one hand and have no trouble switching hands!!!!!
Old 10-16-2006, 03:01 PM   #30
Champion Dancer

You might be addicted
When you can thread your needle more by feel than sight. When I am in the zone I can, but work gets in the way of what I want to do.

AWESOME!!! Haven't switched hands yet. My calluses offer protection except for heavy items like mocassins or other leather work.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:01 PM   #31
PowWows.com Addicts

Items Present
FluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond repute
FluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond repute
Location: somewhere between chicago and DC, what day is it again?
Credits: 7,626.25
you guys got me rollin over here, ive never been so bad as what you guys mention....ohh, hang on a sec, i gotta get the beads outa my belly button
FluteMaker is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-16-2006, 05:07 PM   #32
Eater of all frybread!!

Fat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,435.60
I feel I must apologize to the group for making things take a turn for the worst! I pledge 10 brain tanned squirrel hides at the next dance to take care of all the folks I offended!

You might be addicted when:
Police man: "Do you have any needles on you sir?"
You: "Uh yeah... doesn't everyone? Grandma always told me to make sure I had my own! What size do you need? Got wax?"
Fat Albert is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-17-2006, 03:58 PM   #33
Body By Commodities Baby!

littleredblanket has much to be proud oflittleredblanket has much to be proud oflittleredblanket has much to be proud oflittleredblanket has much to be proud oflittleredblanket has much to be proud oflittleredblanket has much to be proud oflittleredblanket has much to be proud oflittleredblanket has much to be proud of
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 225.22
my mom in all of her blouses has at bare minimum 4 needles for beading and 2 for sewing and at least one for buckskin. She is a walking pin cushion and always carries at least 2 different projects to where ever she is going whether it is to senior citizens dinner or to the doctor. She also has half finished projects taking over her whole house from the back porch to the spare bedroom and everywhere in between. I kid you not. Not all are just beading either...some are sewing, crocheting, quilting, and other such crafts.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:54 PM   #34
PowWows.com Addicts

Items Present
FluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond repute
FluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond repute
yanno youre addicted to bead work when you visit pw.com and scan all the threads looking for mention of beadwork beacuse youve read everything in the beadworking forums
Old 10-20-2006, 08:34 AM   #35
Tiny Tot Dancer

SouthernDrumSinger is on a distinguished road
Credits: 187.20
You know you are addicted when you have beaded duct tape on your regalia!!!!!!!
Old 10-20-2006, 08:50 AM   #36
PowWows.com Addicts

Items Present
yanno youre addicted when you use colored duct tape so the gray doesnt show behind the beads
Old 10-20-2006, 01:55 PM   #37
Champion Dancer

Yanno yer addicted when ....
You get ready to start a new project and have to rearrange all of your cases so that when you go somewhere you can work on those projects.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:59 PM   #38
PowWows.com Addicts

Items Present
yanno yer addicted when you make bead shopping trips and the store is more than a one tank drive
Old 11-02-2006, 01:41 PM   #39
PowWows.com Addicts

Items Present
yanno youre addicted to bead work when youre to busy doing bead work to post about how addicted you are to doing bead work
Old 11-04-2006, 01:10 PM   #40
Great Uncle Patrick

work's been keeping me busy with stupid hours and you know you're addicted when instead of thinking about how many overtime hours you've got you think in terms of how far behind you are on your latest project now.

Yeah, that would be 10 days behind right now *grin*
Sponsored Links