PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture (http://forums.powwows.com/)
-   Fancy Feather Dancing (http://forums.powwows.com/f16/)
-   -   Favorite Fancy Dancer (http://forums.powwows.com/f16/favorite-fancy-dancer-13998/)

wildndnwoman_2003 10-01-2003 11:19 AM

Favorite Fancy Dancer

:Angel2

My number one favorite fancy dancer is

LAZ ROWAN from Pigeon Lake
then
Colby Tootoosis frmo Poundmaker
then
Felix the Cat FROM LAC LABICHE, ALBERTAAAAAAAAA (if anyone was wondering...he ain't from Manitoba!!!!!)
Oh yeah...can"t forget Alex Wells

Have a great day all you ndns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

clrezchik_12 10-01-2003 02:47 PM

MINE IS

ALEX WELLS

bigndn 10-02-2003 09:15 PM

gotta give it up to my boys nigel skyler and wes cleveland

tHuNdA_kAt 10-20-2003 09:14 PM

IAM DA BEST!!!!!

cree_iskwew 10-22-2003 01:57 PM

Michael Roberts

Laz Roan

The two that stick out in my mind at the moment....I'm sure there's a couple more though!

eveningmist_18 10-26-2003 01:13 AM

mine would have to be lazz roan

FANCYNDNGURL 10-28-2003 12:05 AM

Fav. Fancy Dancer

Mens: Lazz Roan, Spike Draper, Larry Yazzie, Michael Robers, Jerry Cleveland, Shawn Yazzie, Amos Yazzie, Jazz Bearstail, Poncho Brady, Marshall Thompson, Tyson Draper, Dwight WhiteBuffalo, Tonch St. John, Sky Bear, Isaiah St. John

Teens: Rylan Baker, Jaron Tso, Lil Boi, Chaske Heminger, Quanna Henry, Stanley Whitman Jr., Eric Yuth

Juniors: Jarid Yazzie, Mitchell Baker, Darnell Johnson, Courage Clevland, PeeBoi Yazzie

Babygirl89 11-05-2003 09:09 AM

My Favortive Dancer is?

:dancer: My Favortive dancer is Jazz Beartail and Jerry Cleverland and Poncho Brady and tyson Draper Because they are so good and sometime they win First place. :rolleyes:

So_CGirl 11-05-2003 11:36 AM

my favorite fancy dancer is: Daryl Jack, George Alexander, Poncho Brady, Jerry Cleveland, Michael Roberts, and Joe Bointy

Babygirl89 11-06-2003 04:33 PM

favortive Dancer

My Favortive dancer would have to be Tonch because he has his own style. Jazz and Ponch and jerry and terry and Darryl Jack because they are all good in there own way of dancing. :24: :dancer: :dancer:

Babygirl89 11-20-2003 03:38 PM

My fav

:mrcool: My Favortive would have to be Jeremy aka JESUS because he is really good and his some nice moves!!!!! :clapping:

:wizzard2: :switcher: ok ok he is not that good but he is Ok....

<+> JESUS <+>

The reason why they call him JESUS is because he look lik him!!!~~

dancing_spirit** 11-20-2003 10:42 PM

favorite fancy dancers

Louie Plant is an awsome dancer. was any one at worley when he used the hoops? that was pretty bad @$$ !! all the other dancers are good to but louie can stand out in a crowd!!

fncy_ndn_gurl 11-25-2003 02:39 AM

Best Fancy Feather

The Best Fancy Feather are:

Michael Roberts

Douglas Scolfield

Darryl Jack

Jerry Cleveland

Man! These men can Jam and they all got good moves, they dont just run around the areana, They Dance. :cool: :cool: :cool:

nena 11-26-2003 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by bigndn
gotta give it up to my boys nigel skyler and wes cleveland
These boys are young and dance their heart out, and they got the footwork. They are role models for the up coming fancy dancers. I've seen them stop and talk to little ones and thats encouraging. Keep it up boyz :D

Rez_Kitty 01-30-2004 09:35 PM

The Best of The Best

The best fancy deather dancers are Larry Yazzie, Tonch St. John, Wayne Silas, and Poncho Brady. They all have their own original style and the best outfits around. They really know how to keep all eyes on them.

AlmostThere 02-02-2004 10:34 AM

:agree?:

red_man_911 02-02-2004 11:05 PM

lazz roan
lydall yazzie
larry yazzie
amos yazzie
shaun yazzie
dang those yazzies can dance!
Poncho Brady
Tonch St. John
Felix The Cat
Alex Wells

Snaggin_NDN 02-02-2004 11:58 PM

George Bear
Colby Tootoosis
Kenny Pratt JR
Waylon Littletent
Preston Littletent
Lazz Roan
Ringo Bell (Manitoba)<----------His outfit looks almost like Felix the cat's
Felix The Cat Lewis
Amos Yazzie
Wayne Silas Jr

Chahta Diamond 02-03-2004 03:36 AM

lil Ben Zotigh
Roderick Zotigh
Oscar (can't remember last name at the moment)

[email protected] 02-03-2004 07:47 PM

your favs r my favs

Chahta Diamond 02-04-2004 12:19 PM

that's cool...they're goot friends of mine,do you know them?

Mike Hawk 02-06-2004 12:26 AM

Mens:
Michael Roberts
Graham Primeaux
Cortney Yarholar
Doug Schofield
Joe Bointy

Teens:
Stan Whiteman Jr
Shorty Crawford
Jarron Tso

Jrs:
Mitchell Baker
Jessup Yazzie
Terrance Cleveland

native_honey03 02-07-2004 04:57 AM

~Micheal Roberts
~Alex Wells
there's more but I don't know all of their names

fancee_feather 02-11-2004 01:42 PM

None other than Mr. Spike Draper, he has the moves and nobody can keep up with him. :p

saponi 02-14-2004 02:49 PM

Tallinjun has always been my favorite.........:rating10: !!!!

Homalosa 02-16-2004 09:33 AM

Yes, I'm kinda biased, but here we go.

Roderick Zotigh
Ben Wolf (jr.)

Arnold Akachuk
Spike
Walter Ahaitty

and the late Shane Zotigh.

see, told you I was biased. That's what I get for having so many dang dancers in the family.

little sister 02-17-2004 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mike Hawk
Mens:
Michael Roberts
Graham Primeaux
Cortney Yarholar
Doug Schofield
Joe Bointy

Teens:
Stan Whiteman Jr
Shorty Crawford
Jarron Tso

Jrs:
Mitchell Baker
Jessup Yazzie
Terrance Cleveland

Cortney Yarholar, Wayne Silas George Alexander, Poncho Brady, Dwight Whitebuffalo.

little sister 02-17-2004 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by cree_iskwew
Michael Roberts

Laz Roan

The two that stick out in my mind at the moment....I'm sure there's a couple more though!

There's lots of good dancers but you know....some of them act just stink and that ruins it for them. Some act like they're better than anyone else especially when they go out of their own area. Yuk!

The Old One 02-18-2004 01:18 PM

He doesn't Dance anymore but he always wore red boxers lol:mocking:

:chief:

sltate 02-18-2004 01:47 PM

Of course, RG is my all time favorite. LOL
but I saw walter runsabove dance at ft. hall and rocky boy last summer and he is my new all time favorite. He has all the characteristics of a champion fancy dancer: good outfit, timing, speed and most of all style. Anyone can hop around and stomp around, but someone who has style and rhythm is the bomb.

wagonburner 02-18-2004 05:38 PM

favorite fancy dancer

Walter Ahhaitty,R.G. Harris,George Alexander,and Gideon Goodeagle.They have style and footwork.Also,they have actual talent and they don't spin all the time like most "fancy"dancers do nowadays.

Bingo_Orphan 02-20-2004 04:20 PM

Yeah I agree with kat, I am the best!

Dancin by the bay 02-23-2004 10:04 PM

Walter Ahaitty is a bad a55 dancer and he's just cool.

:D

aka_candi 02-23-2004 10:33 PM

Hhhmmm....I'm Gonna Say Darrly Jack, Shawn Yazzie, Spike Draper, Tommy Draper Sr., Amos Yazzie, Poncho Brady, Courtney Yarholar, Rylan Baker, Jaron Tso, Isaiah Bob, Quanah Henry, Tyson Draper.

bigyellowbear49 02-24-2004 03:43 PM

Best all time fancy dancers; Sidney Moore JR.,Johnny,Franklin,Ted,Wahoo,Pat,and any memeber of the Moore family,Elmer Brown,and Jr. Brown,and last but not certainly least Johnny Whitecloud. These boys could dance,way better than anyone today.............. :switcher: :blow:

little sister 02-25-2004 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by bigyellowbear49
Best all time fancy dancers; Sidney Moore JR.,Johnny,Franklin,Ted,Wahoo,Pat,and any memeber of the Moore family,Elmer Brown,and Jr. Brown,and last but not certainly least Johnny Whitecloud. These boys could dance,way better than anyone today.............. :switcher: :blow:
Ted Sr, Johnny, Pete Jr and Franklin were the dancers in the Moore family but Pat and Sidney Moore Jr. didn't impress too many. Elmer had a style of his own...Jr Brown didn't win that much. Willard Brown was better known that Jr. Johnny was known down south but not much up here in the north. Everyone has their own opinions so no hard feelins. K?

SBZ4life 02-27-2004 12:00 AM

All those guys are alright....I like it ol skool....

Woogie Watchetaker Look that name up

The Old One 02-27-2004 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by SBZ4life

I have seen old school....i was at this powwow a long time ago and this man had two full eagle bustles. with horse hair on the ends i beleave they were white....He was really old too but he showed up all them young guys.....my heart never stop thumping cause of all them eagles but man it was one of the coolest things i have ever seen.

:chief:

bigyellowbear49 02-27-2004 03:40 PM

Quote:

I saw him dance when I was about fifteen years old,he was a good one for sure. I guess I was just showing Otoe,and family pride..................

little sister 02-27-2004 04:18 PM

Quote:

Woogie was good and was quite a showman. He knew how to get that crowd goin. Here's some other names from the old school: Wilbur Waters...Alfred Waters..Nick Webster...Charles Chibitty...Those guys used to come up here. All champions in their day. All are deceased now I think. Except Charley Chibitty.