Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Men's Dance Styles > Fancy Feather Dancing Favorite Fancy Dancer Favorite Fancy Dancer

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-09-2002, 02:38 PM   #1
STATE

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Favorite Fancy Dancer

I THINK EVERYONE AGREES THAT OKLAHOMA HAS SOME OF THE BEST FANCY DANCERS ANYWHERE. RG IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE ONE OF IF NOT THE BEST. HE HAS BEEN WINNING FOR 26 YEARS AND HAS WON PONCA THE TRADITIONAL 4 TIMES WITH WOOGIE AND PEEWEE CLARK. RED EARTH, SCHEMITZUN, ROCKY BOY, NEW TOWN, CROW FAIR, HINCKLEY (ALL AROUND TWICE), PRAIRIE ISLAND, TO NAME ONLY A FEW OF THE NEW AND OLD. NOT TO MENTION ANADARKO'S FAIR WHICH IS THE SOUTHERN FANCY DANCE CHAMPIONSHIP ALONG WITH PONCA. BEING PONCA ONLY ADDS TO THE TRADITION OF THE FANCY DANCE WHICH ORIGINATED AT THE PONCA POW WOW BY GUS MCDONALD. IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE A FANCY DANCER, STUDY IT, KNOW IT'S ORIGIN AND GIVE IT THE PROPER RESPECT. OLD SCHOOL TEACHES TO DANCE AND DRESS THE TRIBE YOU COME FROM. HOW MANY CAN DO THAT?
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-14-2002, 07:19 PM   #2
Jingle Dress Retiree

JingleBelle is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Okay S. Tate.........now that we all know you think your brother is the greatest ever, I have one question to ask you......did he pay you to post this here, AND to post that you think he is the best A.D ever under the favorite M.C. thread? Please let other people brag your family up if they are worth bragging about (you know....humility?) I will be looking for a new thread started by you in the Southern Cloth section asking for who we think are the best S. Cloth dancers.......I want to see if you list yourself in there.
JingleBelle is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-15-2002, 11:04 AM   #3
STATE

Sorry, if I offended you by stating my opinion. I believe it was an opinion thread on both subjects. As for the fancy dancer thread, I evidently am not the only one who feels R.G. is an excellent dancer. Ask Wallace or Dale on the A.D. issue, I only know what they told me on who they enjoy working with. Addressing the Southern Cloth comment, there are several outstanding lady dancers and I am not bigoted or big headed to count myself among them. I do not toot my own horn, but as for my family members, I am very proud of their accomplishments in and out of the arena. I will stand up for their talents anytime and thankfully there are several others who agree with me. Again, if my opinion offended you or others out there, I am sorry.
Old 01-15-2002, 12:39 PM   #4
Pow Wow Visitor

ndn_cowboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Well I will have to agree with STATE. R.G. is one of the best to carry on and change if you will the days of fancy dance. I've seen that guy win many contests, all arounds, and even specials. And I would say if not for his knees he would still be just as tough as he was a few years back. But don't get me wrong. That guy still has it in him. But he's also a good A.D..
ndn_cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-15-2002, 05:49 PM   #5
Jingle Dress Retiree

JingleBelle is an unknown quantity at this point
S. Tate, I don't fault you for being proud of your family, but starting a brand new thread for the sole and specific purpose of bragging about your brother, AFTER you listed him in every other place you could find (even those threads where they didn't ask about A.D.'s, they were talking about M.C.'s), was too much for me.......I can usually just ignore the stuff that I don't agree with, but this one struck me as being too obvious and I was not able to ignore it. You are not the first one to do this and you won't be the last. I guess it wasn't enough to see his name in print in the other thread and let other people list him as their fav, you had to take it many steps further. I am not disputing that your brother is a good dancer, just your method of promoting your own family.

Which leads me to my next point.......you have encouraged me to start my own thread for my dance favorites.....Check out the thread in Powwow Talk called "Dance Champions AND Role Models".
JingleBelle is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-15-2002, 06:25 PM   #6
STATE

I did not mean for it to be it's own thread. I am new to this website and thought I was putting my opinion on the other thread. As you can see, I am recent to this site so my apologies for not clarifying where I put the thread. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect yours. That is what a poll is all about.
Old 03-20-2002, 03:32 PM   #7
Senior Dancer

luvstraightdancrs has a reputation beyond repute
luvstraightdancrs has a reputation beyond reputeluvstraightdancrs has a reputation beyond reputeluvstraightdancrs has a reputation beyond reputeluvstraightdancrs has a reputation beyond reputeluvstraightdancrs has a reputation beyond reputeluvstraightdancrs has a reputation beyond reputeluvstraightdancrs has a reputation beyond reputeluvstraightdancrs has a reputation beyond reputeluvstraightdancrs has a reputation beyond reputeluvstraightdancrs has a reputation beyond reputeluvstraightdancrs has a reputation beyond reputeluvstraightdancrs has a reputation beyond reputeluvstraightdancrs has a reputation beyond reputeluvstraightdancrs has a reputation beyond reputeluvstraightdancrs has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 289.33
Savings: 1.00
STATE -- you go girl. Agree with you 100%. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I happen to share yours. RG is great - in and out of the arena. So there's nothing wrong with sharing your opinions about the abilities of your family. You keep posting and telling them how you feel.

:D
luvstraightdancrs is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-21-2002, 04:18 AM   #8
Tiny Tot Dancer

NDN Princess 2001 is on a distinguished road
I agree RG :D

NDN Princess 2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links