Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Men's Dance Styles > Fancy Feather Dancing hair ornaments for fancy dancers hair ornaments for fancy dancers

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-23-2002, 10:33 PM   #1
sPeK_FancyDancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
hair ornaments for fancy dancers

well i got a lot of eagle fluffs and feathers and plumes from my grandfather this weekend as a gift and i dont know what to do with them. could i make hair ornaments such as a scalp feather or a scalp lock or even a visor? (i never seen it on fancy but its cool) ihow bout a hair stick, well can someone give me ideas that i can use it on ?? what have you seen on fancy dancers heads?? thanks for the replys,bye.
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-23-2002, 11:45 PM   #2
Pow Wow Visitor

powwowforlife has a reputation beyond reputepowwowforlife has a reputation beyond reputepowwowforlife has a reputation beyond reputepowwowforlife has a reputation beyond reputepowwowforlife has a reputation beyond reputepowwowforlife has a reputation beyond reputepowwowforlife has a reputation beyond reputepowwowforlife has a reputation beyond reputepowwowforlife has a reputation beyond reputepowwowforlife has a reputation beyond reputepowwowforlife has a reputation beyond reputepowwowforlife has a reputation beyond reputepowwowforlife has a reputation beyond reputepowwowforlife has a reputation beyond reputepowwowforlife has a reputation beyond reputepowwowforlife has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
hair drops

Well for fancy dancers you could if you had about 3 to 4 inch feathers make a hair drop if they are to long being a fancy dancers you will tear them up easily. i have see just bundle up plumes one or two and attach them to the scalp braid and hang it off the side of the head. and if you have little feathers they bundle a bunch up and do them the same way as the plumes.but fancy dancers usually don't wear visors but it depends on the tribe that you come from. I just know that my tribe does not wear a visor period.
powwowforlife is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-25-2002, 07:41 PM   #3
Teen Dancer

bwhite has a reputation beyond reputebwhite has a reputation beyond reputebwhite has a reputation beyond reputebwhite has a reputation beyond reputebwhite has a reputation beyond reputebwhite has a reputation beyond reputebwhite has a reputation beyond reputebwhite has a reputation beyond reputebwhite has a reputation beyond reputebwhite has a reputation beyond reputebwhite has a reputation beyond reputebwhite has a reputation beyond reputebwhite has a reputation beyond reputebwhite has a reputation beyond reputebwhite has a reputation beyond reputebwhite has a reputation beyond reputebwhite has a reputation beyond reputebwhite has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
I've never seen fancy dancers wear visors. Looks like it would get in the way to me. You could use some of the feathers as drops on a roach pin, or fluffs and plumes on the end of the roach pin as well. If the feathers are large enough, you could make a nice set of scalp feathers. Just a couple of suggestions.

Brad
bwhite is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links