Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: This is it awnser the oldest question BLACKLODGE OR BLACKSTONE?
BLACKLODGE 76 42.46%
BLACKSTONE 103 57.54%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Singing > Northern Singing This is it awnser the oldest question BLACKLODGE OR BLACKSTONE? This is it awnser the oldest question BLACKLODGE OR BLACKSTONE?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-26-2004, 03:37 AM   #21
Gopher Hunter

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
BigBearStyle is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
I say red bull.
BigBearStyle is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-31-2004, 08:04 AM   #22
Junior Dancer

Blodge_singa_4_life is a jewel in the rough
hey all...once again...thanks for the votes...good to see...there is no dissing on us or blackstone...like we said before...we would like to encourage you guys to listen to our music (songs). we thank you all. Hope to see the Blackstone singers soon
Terry Paskimin
Dayrle Paskimin
Leo Paskimin
Rocky
Dallas Waskihat
Adrian Cross
Nathan Littlechild
Lyle Tootoosis
Cornell Tootoosis
Garnet Whitecalf
Benji
sorry if i forgot some singers. Much love to you guys from the Blodge family.
Blodge_singa_4_life is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-31-2004, 11:07 PM   #23
Pow Wow Visitor

B_BlackBull is an unknown quantity at this point
Blodge_singa_4_life.......good post about all the hateing..... its been a while sence iv dance to you guys........you guys have it hands down for the contemp. style..............still have to give love to Porcupine and Ironwood.. and all the other traditional Northern style drums...................................... Toksa
Old 02-01-2004, 04:07 AM   #24
Tiny Tot Dancer

REDMAN56601 will become famous soon enough
lol

This B_lodge singa 4 life is just some chick that knows black lodge...I mean if she really does knows them.She's talking like she's Kenny or Algin.lol crrrrrazy mad love to all the singers on each of them top notch groups.But thumbs down to the girl.lol Just saying what I'm saying though...lol Know what Im saying?
REDMAN56601 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-03-2004, 01:44 AM   #25
Junior Dancer

Blodge_singa_4_life is a jewel in the rough
LMAO..as if....HaHa...yes im there little sister...and i do know them....i am usen my brothers handle name...so before you start talking shyt....HaHa...whatever man....ive knowen the scabbyrobes most of my life...i dont make myself look bad...and before you start saying stuff...ask...because i do talk to the boys...and they tell me what to put...so you can keep talking...HaHa...hell i dont give a shyt....if you really know me....you would know im there little sister....so whatever man....and as of you people...i type what my broz tell me to put....thats so lame of a person like you to say im a big fan...HaHa....thats funny....anywhos...if you wanna say more stuff...say it to me ni person....i dont got time for this sort of lame stuff....YA KNOW???...HaHa....anywhos....you all take care....
Blodge_singa_4_life is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-03-2004, 03:54 AM   #26
Pow Wow Visitor

backin_u_up is an unknown quantity at this point
Both are very good drums, but i do like Blacklodge a little better.
backin_u_up is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-03-2004, 08:35 AM   #27
Webmaster

Items PresentUser Name Style ChangeSteal PointsCake
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,940.82
Vote for the Best Northern Drum of 2003 in the Member's Choice Awards:

http://www.powwows.com/gathering/for...hp?&forumid=48
Paul G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-10-2004, 05:05 PM   #28
Day Dreamer all the Way

cree_raven_redsky is a jewel in the rough
Talking

I grew up on Blackstone and soon watched them both compete with one another at many pow wows and they both are outstanding. One wins this weekend and the other wins next weekend. :D I love listening to both sides of the border so as the elders say. Listen to the rythym of the drum and dance with your heart and let the body flow :D
cree_raven_redsky is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-10-2004, 05:14 PM   #29
NTVPRD49CREESNGR

Aaron has a reputation beyond repute
Aaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 525.00
THis is not a hard question

BLACKSTONE
Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-18-2004, 10:17 PM   #30
CYBER QUEEN

TradisH~*~QueeniE is an unknown quantity at this point
Blackstone

I have to say that blackstone is my fav of the two...dont get me wrong....blacklodge is awesome but blackstone really can make me get up n dance.....and they are awesome with the handdrums...prolly cuz they come from round dance country

~ If I told you I loved you, would u hold me in your arms so tight, If I told you I loved you, Would you be mine, mine for ever ~

~ U may shoot me with your words, U may cut me with your eyes, U may kill me with your hatefulness, BUT STILL LIKE AIR I'LL RISE ~
TradisH~*~QueeniE is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-24-2004, 04:20 PM   #31
Pow Wow Visitor

cree_chicken_dancer is an unknown quantity at this point
there both bad azz so i pick both
cree_chicken_dancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-24-2004, 04:49 PM   #32
Tiny Tot Dancer

aka_candi is an unknown quantity at this point
HhhMmm...

I'mma Say Blackstone ;)
Old 02-25-2004, 05:26 PM   #33
PowWows.com Addicts

~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute
~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~Xammy~*~ has a reputation beyond repute
Haha. You all know Imma go with ~*~Blackstone~*~ *tee hee* :mrcool:

"Good Better Best Never Let It Rest Until The Good Is Better And The Better Is Best" :D
~*~Xammy~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-25-2004, 05:31 PM   #34
PowWows.com Addicts

Items Panda
Kakeeya has a reputation beyond repute
Kakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,339.79
Quote:
Originally posted by ~*~Xammy~*~
Haha. You all know Imma go with ~*~Blackstone~*~ *tee hee* :mrcool:
I didn't know that,
why would we all know that?

:D
Kakeeya is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-25-2004, 05:59 PM   #35
Pow Wow Visitor

pw_luv is an unknown quantity at this point
I would have to pick BLACKSTONE, although back in the day they were better. We miss RANDY. The new young pups are ok.:D
pw_luv is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-25-2004, 07:53 PM   #36
Leg Wrestling Champ!

rkbtmeyb has a reputation beyond repute
rkbtmeyb has a reputation beyond reputerkbtmeyb has a reputation beyond reputerkbtmeyb has a reputation beyond reputerkbtmeyb has a reputation beyond reputerkbtmeyb has a reputation beyond reputerkbtmeyb has a reputation beyond reputerkbtmeyb has a reputation beyond reputerkbtmeyb has a reputation beyond reputerkbtmeyb has a reputation beyond reputerkbtmeyb has a reputation beyond reputerkbtmeyb has a reputation beyond reputerkbtmeyb has a reputation beyond reputerkbtmeyb has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 276.50
Quote:
Originally posted by cree_raven_redsky
I grew up on Blackstone and soon watched them both compete with one another at many pow wows and they both are outstanding. One wins this weekend and the other wins next weekend. :D I love listening to both sides of the border so as the elders say. Listen to the rythym of the drum and dance with your heart and let the body flow :D
then Eyabay come around! LOL

J/K

both of these drums I've travelled with. there some pretty cool dudes man!
DEATH TO ALL LURKERS!!!! ME
rkbtmeyb is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-26-2004, 12:41 AM   #37
Junior Dancer

krazie_engine is a glorious beacon of light
Blacklodge or Blackstone.

Both are very good but my choice is Blacklodge as they make very good songs. Kenny has very old teachings and passes on much of what he knows when he does invocations at the pow wows. He also says many profound things that all the young people should listen to. I was fortunate enough to listen to his story of how we got the drum, how it needs to be taken care of and respected. All his and Louise's sons act in a very respectful manner and display a lot of humility as it shows they were brought up that way. He also said if we put our mind to it and really worked at it we could all learn to sing equally as well......but it takes real commitment.
Their 'Tribute to the Elders' CD is one I can listen to all the way to the pow wow no matter how far.
They have a round dance at White Swan each winter and they really show their hand drumming talent there. If you get a chance, take in their Round Dance. It's worth the drive and really helps if you're havin pow wow withdrawls.
krazie_engine is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-03-2004, 01:23 AM   #38
Dansin reel goot!

RedGrassdancer has a reputation beyond reputeRedGrassdancer has a reputation beyond reputeRedGrassdancer has a reputation beyond reputeRedGrassdancer has a reputation beyond reputeRedGrassdancer has a reputation beyond reputeRedGrassdancer has a reputation beyond reputeRedGrassdancer has a reputation beyond reputeRedGrassdancer has a reputation beyond reputeRedGrassdancer has a reputation beyond reputeRedGrassdancer has a reputation beyond reputeRedGrassdancer has a reputation beyond reputeRedGrassdancer has a reputation beyond reputeRedGrassdancer has a reputation beyond reputeRedGrassdancer has a reputation beyond reputeRedGrassdancer has a reputation beyond reputeRedGrassdancer has a reputation beyond reputeRedGrassdancer has a reputation beyond repute
Who's the best?

I would love to dance to both drum groups all day long if I had to, my vote is split. I like both of them and love dancing to both of them, they are both great drum groups that have made a name for themselves. In that respect, you can't ask for anything more. thank you Blacklodge and Blackstone for your wonderful songs, keep it up.
RedGrassdancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-05-2004, 10:59 AM   #39
PowWows.com Addicts

Items Panda
Kakeeya has a reputation beyond repute
Kakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,339.79
Quote:
Originally posted by rkbtmeyb
then Eyabay come around! LOL

J/K

both of these drums I've travelled with. there some pretty cool dudes man!
Hey me be hatin, You forgot the LOL, J/K part, and the part where he says he likes them. :Chatter
Kakeeya is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-05-2004, 04:46 PM   #40
Leg Wrestling Champ!

rkbtmeyb has a reputation beyond repute
rkbtmeyb has a reputation beyond reputerkbtmeyb has a reputation beyond reputerkbtmeyb has a reputation beyond reputerkbtmeyb has a reputation beyond reputerkbtmeyb has a reputation beyond reputerkbtmeyb has a reputation beyond reputerkbtmeyb has a reputation beyond reputerkbtmeyb has a reputation beyond reputerkbtmeyb has a reputation beyond reputerkbtmeyb has a reputation beyond reputerkbtmeyb has a reputation beyond reputerkbtmeyb has a reputation beyond reputerkbtmeyb has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 276.50
thanx for not taking offense to the "joke or good natured ribbing" it was not a plot to toot horns or to "hate" i have much respect for my "bro's" that sing on these drums being that I have sang with these two drum groups.
no need to start more hating MBH it's not worth the trouble to explain.
but I guess I just did! go figure! LOL:D
DEATH TO ALL LURKERS!!!! ME
rkbtmeyb is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links