Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Singing > Northern Singing Looking to purchase Lakota Sioux CDs directly from drums Looking to purchase Lakota Sioux CDs directly from drums

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 11:34 AM   #1
Tiny Tot Dancer

Items Treasure ChestGuitar
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Elo Janis has a reputation beyond reputeElo Janis has a reputation beyond reputeElo Janis has a reputation beyond reputeElo Janis has a reputation beyond reputeElo Janis has a reputation beyond reputeElo Janis has a reputation beyond reputeElo Janis has a reputation beyond reputeElo Janis has a reputation beyond reputeElo Janis has a reputation beyond reputeElo Janis has a reputation beyond reputeElo Janis has a reputation beyond reputeElo Janis has a reputation beyond reputeElo Janis has a reputation beyond reputeElo Janis has a reputation beyond reputeElo Janis has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,333.95
Savings: 0.00
Looking to purchase Lakota Sioux CDs directly from drums

I have been searching for some good quality Lakota powwow CDs for a few weeks now and would like to purchase directly from the drums themselves so they get the $$ directly instead of using iTunes.
If there are any Lakota drums (Rosebud or Pine Ridge primarily) with extra CDs that they would like to sell please contact me through this thread so we can set something up. I need these cds for my own enjoyment while driving and also (more importantly) for my niece to practice for upcoming season as she is now ready for contest dancing....jingle and shawl.
Thanks all for your help.
Elo Janis is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-09-2013, 08:39 PM   #2
Dances With Fat Chicks

milehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
milehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 27,237.05
you can youtube plenty of songs.......better have her practice to sokme southern trick songs too because you just never know.............
milehighsalute is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-10-2013, 04:11 AM   #3
Tiny Tot Dancer

Items Treasure ChestGuitar
Elo Janis has a reputation beyond reputeElo Janis has a reputation beyond reputeElo Janis has a reputation beyond reputeElo Janis has a reputation beyond reputeElo Janis has a reputation beyond reputeElo Janis has a reputation beyond reputeElo Janis has a reputation beyond reputeElo Janis has a reputation beyond reputeElo Janis has a reputation beyond reputeElo Janis has a reputation beyond reputeElo Janis has a reputation beyond reputeElo Janis has a reputation beyond reputeElo Janis has a reputation beyond reputeElo Janis has a reputation beyond reputeElo Janis has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,333.95
Unfortunately the area my mom and niece live does not get any sort of reliable internet, dial up is all they have and it does not load You Tube with any sort of usable regularity. There are severe buffering pauses turning a 3 minute jingle contest vid into a 10-12 minute frustratingly useless experience.
I did purchase and install a complicated program that a 'computer nerd' friend of mine strongly suggested. It was supposed to allow users to (legally) be able to rip U Tube vids and music onto a file on my 'puter, which then could be burned onto a DVD/CD.
After spending the better part of two days setting this all up @ a cost of $175. for the 'easy to use' software, my security system disabled it because of viruses that shut down all programs on my computer! I had to uninstall Windows 8 and most of my other programs and reinstall everything, losing some photos in the process.
I never was able to use it as advertised and had to uninstall Windows 8 as well. "Simply install our guaranteed, money back software and in minutes you can download videos from You Tube and any other audio/video files onto your computer and with one touch, burn the DVDs and CDs of your choice. It also supposedly came with additional capability of being able to create cover art and index of contents." YEAH RIGHT!!
So back to simply creating music CDs from iTunes, buying music directly from various drums and printing out some pics of both jingle and shawl dancers for help in designing her regalia.
I started out this process with honest intentions of helping her further her desire to enter and win contests...her self taught dancing is flawless BTW...and instead it ended with so much work and frustration on my part. But such is life and you learn from mistakes, right?
Elo Janis is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links