Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Singing > Northern Singing Note to Paul about musicians Note to Paul about musicians

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-05-2006, 04:20 PM   #1
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
bunch has a spectacular aura about
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Note to Paul about musicians

Hi Paul,
I wanted to talk to you about your forum, may I say first, it's the best one on the planet :)

I see you have powwow singing and you have northern and southern singing but, I wonder where your musicians are in all of this, I'm talking like all the native musicians that are out there going to powwows and singing their hearts out. Not only the drummers, but the flute artists, singers like Arigon Starr, Derek Miller ect...

Wheres a place for them?

Here's my dilemma, I've searched the Internet and finally made it to the end What I was looking for was some natives to join in a band with me here in los Angeles... I couldn't find anyone, after putting up ads in craigslist and so forth, I've decided to come talk to you.

I figure if you have something up in powwows.com to introduce new singers and to open doors for singers (like me ) and have guitar players, drummers, ect... come in and post their 'wanting to form band posts', you would actually be contributing to the possible creation of a greatness in the making :)

Start it out maybe just as musicians, then from there it might take off all directions, like favorite musician people have here on the forum - new up and coming stars - where the singer will be playing next - Guitar players needed - singers wanted, which could even be powwow singers - new records coming out in Indian country - Awards like nammys - radio stations, which could be a great advertisement opportunity for you... I already know you have powwow radio, and a few things here and there on native musicians. Btw, you might even bring native artists in who are needing beautiful clothing & jewellery from the trading post for their live shows... Have I sold you yet...lol :)

I would love to see something up here in the forums that has a place for the musicians voice. Please think it over, I can only ask, because your the master :)

Peace and Love,
Mya

Myspace
bunch is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-05-2006, 04:41 PM   #2
Webmaster

Items PresentUser Name Style ChangeSteal PointsCake
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,940.82
Great suggestion. Let me think about it.
Paul G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-05-2006, 06:34 PM   #3
Numunnu Teh-da Puku Nu

Redstone has a reputation beyond reputeRedstone has a reputation beyond reputeRedstone has a reputation beyond reputeRedstone has a reputation beyond reputeRedstone has a reputation beyond reputeRedstone has a reputation beyond reputeRedstone has a reputation beyond reputeRedstone has a reputation beyond reputeRedstone has a reputation beyond reputeRedstone has a reputation beyond reputeRedstone has a reputation beyond reputeRedstone has a reputation beyond reputeRedstone has a reputation beyond reputeRedstone has a reputation beyond reputeRedstone has a reputation beyond reputeRedstone has a reputation beyond reputeRedstone has a reputation beyond reputeRedstone has a reputation beyond reputeRedstone has a reputation beyond reputeRedstone has a reputation beyond reputeRedstone has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 290.00
Good Suggestion Bunch. I think it would be cool to hear about other musicians, where they are playing, etc, from a spectator side, and on the other side as you suggested, where to find them if you need them for a band, or whatever. Two thumbs on this suggestion. Hope Paul you can work something out!
Redstone is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-05-2006, 07:10 PM   #4
Pow Wow Visitor

L053r will become famous soon enough
Whoa, that's a great idea. That would be awesome. yea, hopefully something works out.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:30 PM   #5
Pow Wow Mama

txsndn7 is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up

That's a totally cool idea.
txsndn7 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-06-2006, 01:36 AM   #6
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 127,514.31
Savings: 1.00
There's a guy up from around Lame Deer that can sing with best of them. Been trying to get him to come out to SoCal, but he said his pony wouldn't carry him this far!

You have some good ideas, bunch!

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-08-2006, 02:06 AM   #7
REZIN RIDE

Items Elephant
stillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond repute
stillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond repute
Location: 3rd tipi on the left just past the broken down car and the pack of rez dogs chasing horse's
Credits: 200.00
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad
There's a guy up from around Lame Deer that can sing with best of them. Been trying to get him to come out to SoCal, but he said his pony wouldn't carry him this far!

You have some good ideas, bunch!

oh yeah.

i heard he works for practically nothing.

and yeah he needs a wagon and maybe his ponies can take him all the way.

LOL.
stillrezin is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-08-2006, 10:50 AM   #8
Webmaster

Items PresentUser Name Style ChangeSteal PointsCake
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,940.82
You got it!

http://www.powwows.com/gathering/forumdisplay.php?f=82
Paul G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-08-2006, 10:53 AM   #9
Arena Director

Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 110.00
Now that is a fab idea - some many of our Natives are soooo fricken talented with no avenue to showcase their stuff -- I am working with some folks to help this as well...

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo
Smokin' Ace is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-08-2006, 10:54 AM   #10
Arena Director

Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 110.00
Now that is a fab idea - some many of our Natives are soooo fricken talented with no avenue to showcase their stuff -- I am working with some folks to help this as well... But this is the place where great things happen....

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo
Smokin' Ace is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links