Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree445Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Singing > Northern Singing what are you listening to? what are you listening to?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-22-2006, 12:09 PM   #41
One more push-up,Please!

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
lostsalt has a reputation beyond reputelostsalt has a reputation beyond repute
lostsalt has a reputation beyond reputelostsalt has a reputation beyond reputelostsalt has a reputation beyond reputelostsalt has a reputation beyond reputelostsalt has a reputation beyond reputelostsalt has a reputation beyond reputelostsalt has a reputation beyond reputelostsalt has a reputation beyond reputelostsalt has a reputation beyond reputelostsalt has a reputation beyond reputelostsalt has a reputation beyond reputelostsalt has a reputation beyond reputelostsalt has a reputation beyond reputelostsalt has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 3,730.53
Savings: 0.00

Stoney Park
What the cowgirls do...

Lostsalt
"Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is." JW
lostsalt is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-22-2006, 01:21 PM   #42
powwow bum

ndngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond repute
ndngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,659.73
Savings: 1.00
Northern Cree- Sweetheart Shuffle

There's something about handrums!

http://www.mytribalspace.com/tribal/...ame_ndngirl70/
http://www.myspace.com/ndngirl70
ndngirl70 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-23-2006, 02:19 AM   #43
REZIN RIDE

Items Elephant
stillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond repute
stillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond repute
Location: 3rd tipi on the left just past the broken down car and the pack of rez dogs chasing horse's
Credits: 200.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsalt
Stoney Park
What the cowgirls do...

Lostsalt

hey lostsalt. i got everything from stoneypark. i got recordings from them from Crow Fair to black hills pow-wow to rockyboy and evry where else far and in between.
stillrezin is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-23-2006, 10:36 AM   #44
One more push-up,Please!

lostsalt has a reputation beyond reputelostsalt has a reputation beyond reputelostsalt has a reputation beyond reputelostsalt has a reputation beyond reputelostsalt has a reputation beyond reputelostsalt has a reputation beyond reputelostsalt has a reputation beyond reputelostsalt has a reputation beyond reputelostsalt has a reputation beyond reputelostsalt has a reputation beyond reputelostsalt has a reputation beyond reputelostsalt has a reputation beyond reputelostsalt has a reputation beyond reputelostsalt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillrezin
hey lostsalt. i got everything from stoneypark. i got recordings from them from Crow Fair to black hills pow-wow to rockyboy and evry where else far and in between.
They are definnately one of my favorite 3 groups. Very soulful.

This morning I think I'm a gonna dig out my old tape of the Kicking Woman singers. Remember dem?

lostsalt
"Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is." JW
Old 09-23-2006, 03:02 PM   #45
Drum Judge

103 has a reputation beyond repute
103 has a reputation beyond repute103 has a reputation beyond repute103 has a reputation beyond repute103 has a reputation beyond repute103 has a reputation beyond repute103 has a reputation beyond repute103 has a reputation beyond repute103 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Sleep/Slap Mode

Well I was in sleep mode earlier today and had Red Bull - On the Road Again and 37th Annual Milk River Indian Dayz Powwow playing if that counts for listening. Ok so I got out of sleep mode and turned on the TV and watch that stupid show SOUTHWEST Airline and got sick off it and slapped on The Boyz Across America.....dubeesoo....dubeesoo
Old 09-23-2006, 04:27 PM   #46
Area Director

105 is infamous around these parts105 is infamous around these parts105 is infamous around these parts105 is infamous around these parts105 is infamous around these parts105 is infamous around these parts105 is infamous around these parts105 is infamous around these parts105 is infamous around these parts105 is infamous around these parts105 is infamous around these parts105 is infamous around these parts105 is infamous around these parts
Quoted

Fly In Eagle; Kayas

overall better then what was quoted from a dude

105 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-23-2006, 04:29 PM   #47
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 842.93
ez e
middle of the sky is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-23-2006, 05:48 PM   #48
REZIN RIDE

Items Elephant
stillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond repute
stillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond reputestillrezin has a reputation beyond repute
Location: 3rd tipi on the left just past the broken down car and the pack of rez dogs chasing horse's
Quote:

This morning I think I'm a gonna dig out my old tape of the Kicking Woman singers. Remember dem?

lostsalt
i remember them.

this past crow fair pow-wow i heard Chiniki Lake singers. mostly young guys now. and a few of the old singers.

i got a new CD and its rocking.

thunderhill. very nice southern style tunes.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:50 PM   #49
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 842.93
Cool

gnarls barkley...
"i remember when ...i remember when i lost my mind....'
middle of the sky is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-23-2006, 06:58 PM   #50
REZIN RIDE

Items Elephant
rob zombie

eductaed horse's

i like it. and i'm listening to it. LOL.
Old 09-25-2006, 04:53 AM   #51
Customs

107 is a jewel in the rough
ta baa

Mandaree - For the People

Old 09-25-2006, 07:08 PM   #52
Customs

107 is a jewel in the rough
one day at a time

Art Moosomin - Straight From the Heart

Champion - Hand Drum Songs

Old 09-26-2006, 12:48 AM   #53
REZIN RIDE

Items Elephant
Mad Dog singers

double beat songs.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:49 AM   #54
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 99,039.40
Quote:

lostsalt
Did Doug Crowghost sing with Kicking Woman. I saw him sitting in with them at Arlee. I had that tape.Don't know where it is now and don't have a cassette player either!LOL

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-26-2006, 12:52 AM   #55
REZIN RIDE

Items Elephant
Quote:
Originally Posted by 105
Well I had to pull out the drum and take a breather from the machine and rely on the old brain. Everyone should remember when it comes to powwow music on a CD you ain't going to get the same effect with a drum Now I am I makin sense or did I lose everyone.

there isnt nothing like actually being there live.

if your recording, listening, watching, and singing at the drum.

you just cant capture that on a recording. the feeling and the power that is there cant be replicated.

and singing in at the drum at a pow-wow when your on top of your game in front of a huge crowd is a truly awesome experience.

so you didnt lose me.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:35 AM   #56
One more push-up,Please!

not sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad
Did Doug Crowghost sing with Kicking Woman. I saw him sitting in with them at Arlee. I had that tape.Don't know where it is now and don't have a cassette player either!LOL
Not sure 'bout Mr. Crowghost, maybe. bet some1 here knows.

Man, cassettes still got some great cass. elk whistle, live hinkley,
but lost favorite. the blacklodge vet. songs. ya know the warmother song they did? eeehhhhwwwww! Awesome!!!

Lostsalt
Old 09-26-2006, 09:45 AM   #57
Area Director

105 is infamous around these parts105 is infamous around these parts105 is infamous around these parts105 is infamous around these parts105 is infamous around these parts105 is infamous around these parts105 is infamous around these parts105 is infamous around these parts105 is infamous around these parts105 is infamous around these parts105 is infamous around these parts105 is infamous around these parts105 is infamous around these parts
where's my order

Ok it been to long where's my order. I ordered fresh tracks I havenot heard yet and it been weeks since I made the order, how hard is it to ship things.

Anyways having my morning coffee and looking up native bracelets while blasting Bear Creek latest

105 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-26-2006, 01:32 PM   #58
Tiny Tot Dancer

southernsky is a jewel in the rough
new yellowhammer cd!
Old 09-26-2006, 08:27 PM   #59
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 99,039.40
Rode home today listening to ElkWhistle/Horsetail 'Just Jammin'.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-27-2006, 01:38 AM   #60
REZIN RIDE

Items Elephant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad
Rode home today listening to ElkWhistle/Horsetail 'Just Jammin'.

that was a great CD. i wish i hadnt lost my copy.

i'm lsitening to recordings from NAHA pow-wow, Rapid City, SD. before the pow-wow just quit. at the last pow-wow they had before it quit, they had some good host drums there.
Sponsored Links