Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Singing > Northern Singing Young Guns, 1st at Rhode Island Young Guns, 1st at Rhode Island

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-27-2005, 11:55 AM   #1
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
SINGER4EVA is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Thumbs up Young Guns, 1st at Rhode Island

If you missed it, Young Guns took first place, singing at Rhode Island last weekend. 2nd - Eastern Eagle 3d - Alamoosic Lake. The EE are Micmac and Alamoosic I think are Naraganssett.

YG's were jammin' and taught those Eastern drums a thing or two.

Next, Wiky. Our boys, Bear Creek, will be judging.

Be there and hear the new sound of Young Guns. You won't regret it.
SINGER4EVA is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-27-2005, 12:17 PM   #2
The Original OP CREW

AlmostThere is a name known to all
[QUOTE=YG4EVA]
YG's were jammin' and taught those Eastern drums a thing or two.QUOTE]

What! We be jammin......us east coasters...haha
Old 07-27-2005, 12:28 PM   #3
The Original OP CREW

AlmostThere is a name known to all

Last edited by katezninen; 07-28-2005 at 05:10 PM..
AlmostThere is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-27-2005, 12:31 PM   #4
nobody

suthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 394.00
a little cocky are we.....
Old 07-27-2005, 04:13 PM   #5
Pow Wow Visitor

hardcore is an unknown quantity at this point
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YG4EVA
If you missed it, Young Guns took first place, singing at Rhode Island last weekend. 2nd - Eastern Eagle 3d - Alamoosic Lake. The EE are Micmac and Alamoosic I think are Naraganssett.

Congratulations on winning such a prestigious contest. You guys must be almost as good as you think you are. And your boys are hooking you up at Wiky....Nice....too bad for all the other drums that show up looking for a fair and unbiased contest. Maybe you should quit hiding on the east coast and come out a little west and try some real CHO drums on for size. But I know yous won't cuz your already "Legends". Legends in your own minds!
Old 07-27-2005, 04:22 PM   #6
UNBELIEVEABLE!

taani has a spectacular aura about
Credits: 2,358.18
Quote:

Alamoosic Lake is from Maine, not Narragansett.

FYI - Young Guns at Narragansett pw were some YG guys and the rest were pick up.
taani is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-27-2005, 04:26 PM   #7
Junior Dancer

StoneyClaus is just really nice
Come on guys, I was there. Matter of fact, I judged one round of comp. Be careful with that horn you keep blowing...
StoneyClaus is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-27-2005, 04:36 PM   #8
Pow Wow Visitor

sewatahon'satat is an unknown quantity at this point
New Sound? just sounds like last year's Whitetail Cree drum but with lousy songs.

Quote:

All screaming, no singing.
sewatahon'satat is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-27-2005, 04:43 PM   #9
Pow Wow Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneyClaus
Come on guys, I was there. Matter of fact, I judged one round of comp. Be careful with that horn you keep blowing...
Haters. I didn't say Bear Creek was going to hook anybody up. A few of the BC boys have sung with us and like our style.
We'll do aight.
Old 07-27-2005, 05:25 PM   #10
Junior Dancer

StoneyClaus is just really nice
Quote:
Haters. I didn't say Bear Creek was going to hook anybody up. A few of the BC boys have sung with us and like our style.
We'll do aight.
I never said you wouldn't do good there. I hope you do. I've known Trevor for a while and I know his skillz, and the other guys too. I was just commenting on the braggin and stuff...

But you guys have a good trip...peace...
StoneyClaus is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-27-2005, 05:25 PM   #11
BOULDERDASH!

Coyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond repute
Coyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 396.55
Savings: 1.00
Lightbulb WONGEH! Just Freaking sing.....Ohee!

Reading the weak azz posts in this weak azz thread only made me ask WHY?

Anyway.....While "Joe Young Gun" gets caught up in geography and My Toy is bigger then your toy B.S......Jut sing.....If you enjoy doing so, well do it. If folks like your music well it will show.....Usually you don't have to "advertise" or spray paint your EGO across the proverbial wall....It's really comical to think skins actually will sign on here and say some of the weak stupid things they do....Ironic enough they don't even realize just how ignorant they sound......? Oh and if my intel was correct ....You may have refered to yourself as Young Guns, but You had a few "Young Guns" from other crews.....Toot AH Lou.......

Keep doing the work of the Wasicu, some of us seem to do it better then them.....Can anyone say Svta?
"She also has a very soft skin. The only trouble with snake women is they copulate with horses, which makes them strange to me. She say's she doesn't. That's why I call her "Doesn't Like Horses". But, of course, she's lying."
Coyot_In_The_House is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-27-2005, 08:45 PM   #12
Pow Wow Visitor

Wagon Burner is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcore
And your boys are hooking you up at Wiky....Nice....too bad for all the other drums that show up looking for a fair and unbiased contest.
I don't think Bear Creek will be "hooking up" anyone this weekend. As far as I know they are "boys" with all the drums from Ontario. You kids are really showing your true colors on this website. Embarrassing yourselves.
Wagon Burner is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-27-2005, 10:42 PM   #13
Pow Wow Visitor

Who Cares? is a jewel in the rough
Red face please clarify

I was there and it's a little strange, you bragging when you were carried by the Mystic River lead singers. So I suggest you chill on upping your group. because you didn't have much of a Young Guns group there.

Next time know what you're talking about guy.
Who Cares? is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-28-2005, 12:15 AM   #14
Pow Wow Visitor

All I wanted to do was get the name out there. I should have known that there's a bunch of wannabes , haters on this website. I'm outta here.
Old 07-28-2005, 01:12 AM   #15
Oneida Momma

oneidagirl22 has a spectacular aura about
Credits: 723.00
Thumbs down watever

i kno im no drum xpert, but ive heard better. shouldnt b braggin all ovr cuz that aint kool. ive seen those guyz b4 & half of their drum endin up bein mystic guyz. i mostly saw them leadin. u may say ur juss tryin 2 get ur name out but do it in a diff way. aint gonna get ne where actin lyk bigshots. yea congrads on gettin 1st but who really won ne wayz? i think tha 1s that were def jammin were tha southern drums. they were kickin it! yea wow, sum ppl really need 2 deflate their big heads.
oneidagirl22 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-28-2005, 11:27 AM   #16
UNBELIEVEABLE!

taani has a spectacular aura about
Credits: 2,358.18
Quote:
All I wanted to do was get the name out there. I should have known that there's a bunch of wannabes , haters on this website. I'm outta here.
YG4EVA - I don't think it has anything to do with wannabes and haters on this site, so don't go there. I just think you shouldn't be tootin' your own horn. Be HUMBLE, pat yourself on your own back and be good with that. No need to post to the pw world that you guys won 1st! congrats congrats, that's all you should need.
taani is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-28-2005, 12:28 PM   #17
Tiny Tot Dancer

Purple Reign has a spectacular aura about
Can you really be that blind to how you make yourselves look? I mean come on I heard of big heads before but this is ridiculous. Do you honestly think people are going to take you seriously by presenting yourselves this way? You are embarrassing yourselves and there is no one to blame but you. Respectable groups don't come on here and brag themselves up, you are just asking for trouble. I have heard nothing but bad things about your group in the short time it has been around. Aren't you the same guys who took the Whitetail Cree name and ran it into the ground? I mean even your name sounds big headed. You guys need a serious reality check. I predict this group will be around a short time before it is crushed under the weight of your big heads.
Purple Reign is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-28-2005, 07:10 PM   #18
BOULDERDASH!

Coyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond repute
Coyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 396.55
Savings: 1.00
Simply Rationale.....

I agree with Sis and everyone else.....But hey if someone needs to toot the ole horn....Well Hoka....Although as you can already tell it gets you attention, but more then likely not the attention you anticipated....Oh and as far as "haters" and "Wannabes" c'mon man....The actual saying is...."If you can't stand the heat, well get out of the kitchen..."

Once again yet another proverbial blip on the Radar screen.....
"She also has a very soft skin. The only trouble with snake women is they copulate with horses, which makes them strange to me. She say's she doesn't. That's why I call her "Doesn't Like Horses". But, of course, she's lying."
Coyot_In_The_House is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-29-2005, 08:19 AM   #19
Tiny Tot Dancer

Lil Stinker is on a distinguished road
Wiky powwow this weekend. We shall see who gets hooked up.
Bear Creek boys don't run a contest like that.
Lil Stinker is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-29-2005, 12:21 PM   #20
Kili!

Wojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond repute
I've danced twice to a group known as Young Guns - with drums having the same names these days I'm not sure if this is you or not - but those guys sounded good and were a solid drum.

I think you guys are getting heat here because no one likes a braggard. A better tack would have been to come on here and start a thread thanking the committee for the pow wow, congratulating the other drums on their placings, and thanking everyone for giving you guys a chance to sing at their gathering.

The exposure you guys seek will be far better if you take the humble road rather than the one lined with self-promotion.

The Porcupine Singers dominated drum contests in the 1970s and 80s with no self-promotion; just a humble nature and lots of kick-azz singing.