Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: How much dance experience do you have?
New-- none in regalia 38 19.49%
less than 5 years 49 25.13%
5-20 years 71 36.41%
more than 20 years 37 18.97%
Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Women's Dance Styles > Cloth Dancing Dancin Tips 4 Beginners Dancin Tips 4 Beginners

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-12-2006, 10:20 AM   #61
Northern Traditonal Cloth

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
dancingbear_2 is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Pray Softly & Give Thanks

I Offer & Pray everyday. Dancing is my Church...It's My place where I can go and Pray and Give Thanks for everything that was gifted to me from my "Gisoolk". I will alway dance with my Tobacco Bag. When I'm at a Gathering I watch all the Dancers & Drummers and can't get over of all the prayers to "Gisoolk'.
"What A Feeling!"

The last two Gathering I dance in Golden Age, I realize that they just seperating categories. Age has nothing to do with it...Right! I am young as I Feel!

Our regala should be personal,reflecting our Tribe.
dancingbear_2 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-13-2006, 03:27 PM   #62
Lenard Strong Beaver

Strong Beaver has a spectacular aura about
You are right Dancingbear, your as young as you feel!!!!!
Old 06-15-2006, 05:16 PM   #63
Beadboy

_wuliechsin_ has a reputation beyond repute_wuliechsin_ has a reputation beyond repute_wuliechsin_ has a reputation beyond repute_wuliechsin_ has a reputation beyond repute_wuliechsin_ has a reputation beyond repute_wuliechsin_ has a reputation beyond repute_wuliechsin_ has a reputation beyond repute_wuliechsin_ has a reputation beyond repute_wuliechsin_ has a reputation beyond repute_wuliechsin_ has a reputation beyond repute_wuliechsin_ has a reputation beyond repute_wuliechsin_ has a reputation beyond repute_wuliechsin_ has a reputation beyond repute_wuliechsin_ has a reputation beyond repute_wuliechsin_ has a reputation beyond repute_wuliechsin_ has a reputation beyond repute_wuliechsin_ has a reputation beyond repute_wuliechsin_ has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,860.56
Savings: 1.00
Wuliechsin's advice

If you are new to dancing, I will encourage you to watch dancers at powwows that you like. Do not be afriad to go up to dancers and ask questions. If you want a photo of a dancer PLEASE!!! ask them first. Keep in mind if you plan on making an out fit, that the desgins and colors are family or tirbal orientented. So do some research before you begin. Aslo dance from your heart and because you love too and you feel good when you dance. Philamayae

Being Native American isn't JUST about blood. It is a Spiritual way of life.

"Tell me and I will listen, Show me and I will understand, Take me in and I will learn." -A Lakota proverb

“We need to start standing up to people who tell us ‘no,’ that we can’t do things in the way of our culture.” -Aloysius Dreaming Bear

Last edited by _wuliechsin_; 02-27-2007 at 03:38 PM.. Reason: Spelling
_wuliechsin_ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-05-2006, 01:37 PM   #64
chahtaprincess

chahtaprincess is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

Remeber what you have learned... don't get scared when your in the arena and start watching other dancers... this will tell the judges that you don't know what you are doing... and keep your back straight... I hate it when I see girls dancing cloth and they are slouched over... it looks like you don't care about what you are doing... Show some pride!!!!!!
Also, stay on beat even if you have never dance northern(just southern) you should still be able to feel the beat... this is what I think is the most important but who am I... I only have about 5 years experence... :(
chahtaprincess is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-02-2006, 03:04 PM   #65
Saloli

Aliskisku is a glorious beacon of light
Oops was I invited?

So there I was just dancin' my little heart out and the lady next to me asked what style I was dancin'...well now...that's not good...it was "open" dance for none competitors and we were all doin' our own style...but maybe mine was alittle too my own and didn't fit..or I'm a clod hopper and "got no" rhythum...so when I got home I asked...got some Help found out I needed the help real bad... but got Loved through it all... I don't want to compete... I just don't want to embarrass my family though... All the dancers here at powwows.com have really helped with their experience and sharing hearts...isn't that "Pow Wow"?... well I hope to dance soon...
Aliskisku is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-17-2006, 01:53 AM   #66
PowWows.com Addicts

LittleCricket has a reputation beyond reputeLittleCricket has a reputation beyond repute
LittleCricket has a reputation beyond reputeLittleCricket has a reputation beyond reputeLittleCricket has a reputation beyond reputeLittleCricket has a reputation beyond reputeLittleCricket has a reputation beyond reputeLittleCricket has a reputation beyond reputeLittleCricket has a reputation beyond reputeLittleCricket has a reputation beyond reputeLittleCricket has a reputation beyond reputeLittleCricket has a reputation beyond reputeLittleCricket has a reputation beyond reputeLittleCricket has a reputation beyond reputeLittleCricket has a reputation beyond reputeLittleCricket has a reputation beyond reputeLittleCricket has a reputation beyond reputeLittleCricket has a reputation beyond reputeLittleCricket has a reputation beyond reputeLittleCricket has a reputation beyond reputeLittleCricket has a reputation beyond reputeLittleCricket has a reputation beyond reputeLittleCricket has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 122.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeusExMachina
yeah, but that chit is just funny, ennit?
s'up ??? and yup it is...lol
UR CHIT IS WAY FUNNY ,too.lmfao. I have truly missed reading ur posts .
thanks so much for being the whacked genuis that you are

another "expose" , ennit?In ur own quiet but oh so brilliant way...
Old 09-17-2006, 02:08 AM   #67
PowWows.com Addicts

LittleCricket has a reputation beyond reputeLittleCricket has a reputation beyond repute
LittleCricket has a reputation beyond reputeLittleCricket has a reputation beyond reputeLittleCricket has a reputation beyond reputeLittleCricket has a reputation beyond reputeLittleCricket has a reputation beyond reputeLittleCricket has a reputation beyond reputeLittleCricket has a reputation beyond reputeLittleCricket has a reputation beyond reputeLittleCricket has a reputation beyond reputeLittleCricket has a reputation beyond reputeLittleCricket has a reputation beyond reputeLittleCricket has a reputation beyond reputeLittleCricket has a reputation beyond reputeLittleCricket has a reputation beyond reputeLittleCricket has a reputation beyond reputeLittleCricket has a reputation beyond reputeLittleCricket has a reputation beyond reputeLittleCricket has a reputation beyond reputeLittleCricket has a reputation beyond reputeLittleCricket has a reputation beyond reputeLittleCricket has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 122.00
practice practice ,practice...

but most of all when u are dancing remember why...
Old 10-17-2006, 04:10 PM   #68
3 down and 1 to go! lol

Items SwordPresentPresent
Chevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond repute
Chevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,926.62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle
i cant get my fringe to swing!! maybe i should bend my knees lower?

LOL swing? no honey chile', we mean SNAP....LOL

"Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Dogs of War..."
Chevy_truckin_NDN is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-10-2006, 07:45 PM   #69
Senior Dancer

SuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond repute
SuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 120.00
Well what I was taught when I first decided to dance was to take a year talking to other dancers & learning from them. talking about the teachings, the dance & the regalia.
You can always tell who made their regalia last weekend!

By the time I had my regalia & did my first grand entery I( felt prepared. Still always learning & always getting better at my dancing.

Northern trad: (live to far noth to know about Southern to help). We don't bounce we bend at the knee. Very slow & graceful, (1 beat bend down, 2nd up). Keep your feet on the ground, your head high & back straight. Listen for the honour beats (& gracefully raise your fan) also listen for the ending. Practce at home. If your doing it right that shawl & fringe will fly! A new dancer should always be behind the more expierenced dancers so watch them, you'll figure out quickly who you think kicks butt. Take some tabacco & go talk to her for assistence.

Also give yourself time to go to the fire before grand entery to offer your thanks, cause if your not there for that why are you dancing?

Suzze
SuzzeQ4 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-16-2006, 02:13 PM   #70
~*Retired smokedancer*

seneca*one has a reputation beyond reputeseneca*one has a reputation beyond reputeseneca*one has a reputation beyond reputeseneca*one has a reputation beyond reputeseneca*one has a reputation beyond reputeseneca*one has a reputation beyond reputeseneca*one has a reputation beyond reputeseneca*one has a reputation beyond reputeseneca*one has a reputation beyond reputeseneca*one has a reputation beyond reputeseneca*one has a reputation beyond reputeseneca*one has a reputation beyond reputeseneca*one has a reputation beyond reputeseneca*one has a reputation beyond reputeseneca*one has a reputation beyond reputeseneca*one has a reputation beyond repute
HAHA! i got one...when i first started dancing, i listened to the song, not the beat. if you dance southern~ DON'T BEND OVER ON THE PICKUP!! man, i did that once or twice and i felt like a bonehead!!!! how embarrassing!
Old 12-20-2006, 02:41 PM   #71
Northerner in Florida

J.L. Benet has a reputation beyond reputeJ.L. Benet has a reputation beyond reputeJ.L. Benet has a reputation beyond reputeJ.L. Benet has a reputation beyond reputeJ.L. Benet has a reputation beyond reputeJ.L. Benet has a reputation beyond reputeJ.L. Benet has a reputation beyond reputeJ.L. Benet has a reputation beyond reputeJ.L. Benet has a reputation beyond reputeJ.L. Benet has a reputation beyond reputeJ.L. Benet has a reputation beyond reputeJ.L. Benet has a reputation beyond reputeJ.L. Benet has a reputation beyond reputeJ.L. Benet has a reputation beyond reputeJ.L. Benet has a reputation beyond reputeJ.L. Benet has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 60.00
Savings: 802.28
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeusExMachina
For god's sake, avoid that damn simplicity pattern like the plague it is!!!
Is it the pattern, or the people using it? As with any pattern, it is meant to be altered to the wearer's tastes/traditions. Just because it shows one pattern of ribbon placement doesn't mean you have to use it. I would say that there are even more people wearing the dress made from the Missouri River pattern, but people don't seem to mind that. Why? Probably because people who buy patterns from JoAnn's tend to think they must recreate the exact article of clothing shown in the picture in the pattern book, right down to the exact color scheme and adornments. This is not the intent of a pattern.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:37 PM   #72
were home

Items GuitarElephantPresentPresent
Credits: 30,091.23
2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
i want to learn how to cloth dance first, befor dressing in outfit

Last edited by 2lineCarrandMorgan; 02-27-2007 at 01:37 PM..
2lineCarrandMorgan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-05-2007, 11:05 AM   #73
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantRainbowDevilDevil
Eagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond repute
Eagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond reputeEagle Plumes has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 32,425.79
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2lineCarrandMorgan View Post
i want to leard how to cloth dance frist befor dress
When I was a little girl I would pratice in my room ,in front of the mirror, put on a tape and dance away, i was wierd i know . But ive givin some tips to beginners, all I said was stand there feal it in your heart and dance, and if you like watch the other ladies that look like thay know what they are doing, watch the Head lady dancer she was picked for a reason ,and should be a good example to go by.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:34 PM   #74
I just wanna dance

Rissa is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzzeQ4 View Post
Well what I was taught when I first decided to dance was to take a year talking to other dancers & learning from them. talking about the teachings, the dance & the regalia.
You can always tell who made their regalia last weekend!

By the time I had my regalia & did my first grand entery I( felt prepared. Still always learning & always getting better at my dancing.

Northern trad: (live to far noth to know about Southern to help). We don't bounce we bend at the knee. Very slow & graceful, (1 beat bend down, 2nd up). Keep your feet on the ground, your head high & back straight. Listen for the honour beats (& gracefully raise your fan) also listen for the ending. Practce at home. If your doing it right that shawl & fringe will fly! A new dancer should always be behind the more expierenced dancers so watch them, you'll figure out quickly who you think kicks butt. Take some tabacco & go talk to her for assistence.

Also give yourself time to go to the fire before grand entery to offer your thanks, cause if your not there for that why are you dancing?

Suzze
I got scared for a moment seeing everyone talk about bowing during dancing, that I had thought I had been taught wrong for a second. Seems though I live in the south, I was taught the northern way. It's good to know where the style comes from.

I'm going to my second powwow ever this weekend, I'm nervous because last time some friend sand I were doing a different style than the rest and I felt out of place. I've gain some confidence since then, so I'm ready.

If you have any more advice on the this style of cloth dance, please let me know, I'm opena dn eager to learn more.

~Rissa
Rissa is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-27-2007, 01:43 PM   #75
were home

Items GuitarElephantPresentPresent
Credits: 30,091.23
2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rissa View Post
I got scared for a moment seeing everyone talk about bowing during dancing, that I had thought I had been taught wrong for a second. Seems though I live in the south, I was taught the northern way. It's good to know where the style comes from.

I'm going to my second powwow ever this weekend, I'm nervous because last time some friend sand I were doing a different style than the rest and I felt out of place. I've gain some confidence since then, so I'm ready.

If you have any more advice on the this style of cloth dance, please let me know, I'm opena dn eager to learn more.

~Rissa
hi and yea i though im supposed to bow on honner beats then on pick up start to move foward in step with drum,
Old 06-11-2007, 02:46 AM   #76
saskgirly

sask_girly is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Dancing

I have just started dancing cloth. I think the last time that I danced at a powwow was a long time ago when I was about 10. Now I am 20. Even though many people think that this is the most easiest category to dance, I think differently. While all categories have their challenges, with Southern Cloth I found that it is difficult to be gracefull and on beat. I am clumsy. I mean really clumsy. WHen I started dancing the thing that hurt me the most was my calves and my thighs.

Here is my tip.
My sister told me to practice dancing whenever I have the time to. This helps me a lot.
My brother, being a health nut, suggested to me to work out my calves and my thighs.

WHen I am climbing stairs in my house I stand at the edge with my toes on the end of the step. Then I push up to lift myself. I do this about ten times each step. Its hard at first but it really helps when you are dancing. My steps are more gracefull because my legs can handle it. Also biking can help with the thigh muscles. putting your gear on high or just plain biking up a hill can help build muscle on your legs.

I hope that this is helpful to someone who is having trouble with gracefullness. This tip really helped me out
sask_girly is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-11-2007, 09:41 PM   #77
Pow Wow Visitor

skip rabbit is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 50.00
?s about dancing

I am Eastern Miami. I have danced at Miami gatherings, but never at a Powwow, and I would like to do so. I'm working on my Miami regalia, which is cloth, but I'm not certain of how to fine tune my dance. I have watched the Aunties, danced with them. They all have a slightly different way about them. None of it seems to exactly follow any of the dance catagories that I've read about here. Also, everyone says to 'be yourself'. Well 'myself' has a bounce in my step, a slightly quick and light way about it, but it's not fancy shawl. Is that inappropriate? I don't want to offend or dishonor anyone.

Also, I've read here about sponsoring new dancers and give aways. None of my Aunties have ever spoke of it. I don't even know if they do it and I know that they dance at Pow Wows here in Indiana. I'll have to ask them, though.

Next ?'s Where in the line up of grand entry would Miami cloth be? With other cloth traditional?

Last question(for now..I'm sure I'll think of more) I read the tip on following a more experienced dancer in the arena. As one gains experience, it ok to not follow someone with more experience. Should one always be behind the head lady? I ask this because I noticed that people dance at different paces. Is it rude to pass people or ladies in your category who have more experience?
Old 06-12-2007, 06:43 PM   #78
Senior Dancer

SuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond repute
SuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 120.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by skip rabbit View Post
Last question(for now..I'm sure I'll think of more) I read the tip on following a more experienced dancer in the arena. As one gains experience, it ok to not follow someone with more experience. Should one always be behind the head lady? I ask this because I noticed that people dance at different paces. Is it rude to pass people or ladies in your category who have more experience?
I can't answer your other problems because I'm from Ontario 9although I'm guessing you'd line up with cloth but always best to ask your Aunties (a with the giveaway)

If you find you dance at a slightly faster pace I would suggest dancing more to the outside of the circle (that way your making a larger circle & will take longer to go around, just watch out for fancy shawl dancers, many stick to the outside so as to clear the tradish dancers. Also keep your steps close (looks more elegant too) that way your moving slower with out changing your natural movement. As far as your natural style of dancing I'd say that everyone dances slightly different cause were not all cookie cutter people, we're all individual, just so long as your keeping your feet on or close to the ground.
I myself generally do not pass other dancers, especially the head lady. i dance trad powwows so we don't have to show off to judges or anything so sometimes someone may slow down or speed up to dance by an old friend & chat a bit
Suzze
SuzzeQ4 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-05-2007, 04:32 PM   #79
BOM CHICKA WAHWAAAAAAAAH

lilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond repute
lilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond reputelilbigwoman has a reputation beyond repute
When I was just a Tiny Tot...my Kathla always told me to just put my hands on my hips and bounce around...I musta done right...I always won a couple dollars

lilbigwoman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-11-2007, 06:23 PM   #80
Cloth Dancer

Items Dolphin
NancyJo has a reputation beyond repute
NancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 5,020.79
Hey Sask girly, thats a great suggestion about the stairs!! I usually try to use the stairs alot at work during the day to help build up my knees and calves, but I'm going to try out the standing on the edge and raising up and down!! Um, well, maybe I'll try that at home, if I get caught doing it at work I might get accused of goofing off!! haha

I think this may of already been said here in the thread, but I'd still encourage women to not use your shoulders or your arms to make the fringe on your shawl swing. If your dancing right, the fringe will move on its own. Keep your shoulders and arms still (but relaxed) dance your steps right and the rythm of your step/dip will get that fringe moving gracefully.

It also helps to stick your elbows out (like you would if you were standing with your hands on your hips).........that helps the fringe have room to sway.
NancyJo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links