Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Women's Dance Styles > Cloth Dancing How do you wear you hair? How do you wear you hair?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-14-2002, 08:40 PM   #21
Senior Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Okwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond repute
Okwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
understanding

just so we are all on the same page, fancystar is not saying you MUST have your hair braided!
she is saying that if you are wearing your hairup, have it consistent,instead of parital braid and half your hair hanging down!:)
I judge the other weekend on a woman who has danced for along time, and did not even place her, bc she had partial hair done. she is a top dancer in her catergory but she was not ready for the comp!:)
jsut like they judge men, if they do not have the roach, then they too are not completely dressed for comp.

we are not saying everyone wears their hair braided, or down, just the opposite, it is according to you, your tribe, and your dance style (plus your hair)

no one noticed that she and I were spatting back and forth bc I trimmmed the back of my hair to even it out, but still growing it out long.....

as a judge there are certain things one looks for from a dancer, if they are compeltely dressed, have all their regalia tied on, nad ready for their comp when called on

I personally look to see if the woman is completely dressed, hair and all, ready for her comp, how she dances and her stops and her honor beats

if a woman is not completely dressed (at least a shawl, dress or skirt/ shirt, fan, moccs., at least, not eveyrone can afford eveything at one time(i've been there) then I watch to see how they dance, but if part of your hair is braided then half is not and just pulled into a ponytail, then no you are not ready for comp in my opinion.

hopefully some of ya'll will understand this post and ease up.]
fancystar and I were just baiting each other...:):):)
Okwataga is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-14-2002, 08:57 PM   #22
What Will Be Will Be

FancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 430.00
If you are ata tribal social or dance then whatever is your tribe is your tribal way! If you are a competion pow-wow dancer and don't feel the need to braid your hair then I have a problem with that!
For the people out there who attend tribal dances and pow-wows then you know that there is a huge difference in the 2!
While pow-wows are a great thing to bring skins of different nations together it is not the same thing as a tribal social or dance!
If pow-wows were the spiritual, ceremonial thing that people claim they are then there would not be the bickering,backstabbing,and the "I'm more NDN than you" nonsense that goes on at so many!
As for being defensive, your darn skippy! People don't understand what I am saying and are totally missing my point!
Pow-wows are not true tribal ceremony or dances for a majority of people who participate in them! A tribal dance would be your tribal stomps or your tribal longhouse dances!
This statement about the judging goes out to COMPETION DANCERS!!
I respect tribal differences but I am talking mainstream pow-wow competion dancers!
I have seen several "big name" dancers who feel they don't have to be fully ready ,hair and all, to compete because they are so and so and they should place for that reason!
Excuse me but no! These people should be respectfull to not only their competion but also to the arena!
If I am at a stomp or such, then I wear my hair either half up or all up or a single braid or maybe a bun! But that is at a tribal dance, not in competion!

There is a HUGE difference in a spiritual tribal dance and a competion pow-wow!

(In retrospect, I realize I have come of a bit harsh on some people on here and for that I do apologize. This is something I feel strongly about and I have an extreme dislike about being mizunderstood!)

Last edited by FancyStar; 09-14-2002 at 09:03 PM..
FancyStar is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-14-2002, 08:59 PM   #23
Tiny Tot Dancer

Ayita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond repute
I usually wear my hair down , in a bun, or in 2 braids. Wearing my hair down is a tribal thing since the tribes I am from, or atleast one of them. Wears their hair down. I can understand about people not being ready out there for comp. And personally if i was judging I would take points off for it. Now all I can say is. To some people its either a tribal,political, or w/e u want to do thing with your hair.

Fancy star-with the way you were taught and the places you have been. I can not say anything against you. You judge accordingly to your standards. And stay that way. The reason I am saying this. Not every judge or dancer is the same way.

Luvs-Yes I will wear my hair down the way I want thanxs.

I guess thats all I got to say
laterz
Ayita
Old 09-16-2002, 02:42 PM   #24
STATE

Okay, all taken into consideration, I have to agree with Fancy Star. If you are going to compete, then be consistant in your appearance. Have your hair braided, don't come in with your hair halfway done, or in a bun. How many times have you seen top dog dancers racing to get their hair braided at the last minute because their contest came up before they realized it. I think Fancy is talking about situations like this and not condemning if you put it up or down. My dad always said to judge on these things: 1st: regalia-complete, coordinated, appropriate. Your regalia represents who you are and what you think of yourself and your tribe. 2nd:knowledge of song-stop on time, go down on time, can dance to any song given. 3rd:Style- every dancer has their own style and their dancing ability shows in their dance style.
When you are going to compete, be thorough in your appearance at all times. Present yourself as being ready to dance. And also, I notice alot of dancers don't dance intertribals, just their contest song and then hide out until winners are called. That's not right, either.
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-16-2002, 02:47 PM   #25
Senior Dancer

Okwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond repute
Okwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond repute
Thank You STATE!:)
Okwataga is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-16-2002, 04:22 PM   #26
Addy's Mommy

~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 436.00
Hi ladies,
well i do agree with the part about during, and i think only during competition, that it just looks better to have your hair done, however you do it whether in french braids or whatever you like, im not saying that its right or a must at powwows but its what looks better to the judges, and if you're not worried about the competition aspect or about being judged then do your own thing.

i know that when i go to powwows im not always ready for grand entry (sometimes people gotta get others and kids ready!) so i wear it in whatever way i have time for.
but im always ready for contest .

so just do what you do and dont worry about what other people got to say about it!!!

i know when i go to powwows i go to have fun and to be with friends i meet on the powwow trail and dont really wanna worry about bein seen by judges when im not completely dressed. powwows are about more than just competition, even if it is a competition powwow.
but you know theres always people out there just for the money and i think thats pretty sad. sure the money is nice, but the friendships and fun in my opinion are worth more and last longer!
well thats just my thoughts!
peace and love!
Old 09-16-2002, 11:33 PM   #27
What Will Be Will Be

FancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 430.00
Thank you STATE and Shannon_lynn! This is what I've been trying to get across!
In order for me to be ready for Grand Entry (hair and all) I usually have to start gettig ready at least 2-3 hours early. I have kids and I know I will probably spend time trying to get my kids settled,something to eat, get dressed,play with them and get my self dressed,get our chairs to the arena, and get to the grand entry itself!
SO I totally understand about not always be completely ready for grand entry. So you braid your hair when you can as soon as you can!
If you are there to visit and relax and see old friends then do what you've been taught and don't worry about other peoples thoughts!
If your there to contest then be consistent with your appearance!

Have fun with this, I know ya'll will!
FancyStar is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-17-2002, 10:00 PM   #28
Pow Wow Visitor

glp is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Hair

Could you tell me how the seminole young woman do there hair.
Thanks a bunch:Help
Old 06-27-2017, 01:19 PM   #29
Banned

Toltec Nagual is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 267.00
The Lunar Hair Care Chart

The Lunar Hair Chart

Cut and wash your hair according to the Mayan Calendar to grow thick long hair.

Although the Mayan Calendar became obsolete in August of 2005 (two thousand and five), this hair care method can still be used.

Native American hair grows best when maintained on the "New Moon" because the Native American kidney responds to kidney yin deficiency and the new moon is Yin time of the month.

I mention this because the "Full Moon" is the yang time of the month which corresponds to kidney yang deficiency. People of Hispanic/Mexican/South American lineage have hair that responds to the "Full Moon" kidney yang deficiency.

The concept of Yin/Yang deficiency comes from Traditional Chinese Medicine:

Find the hair growth calendar for each month here: Lunar Hair Care

Information of Mayan Calendar hair care is here: The Lunar Hair Chart - Morrocco Method

The Lunar Hair Chart

For centuries, humans have followed the moon’s cycles to determine when to plant and harvest crops. Planting during a particular lunar cycle determines what the crop will yield. In other words, whether a farmer plants his seeds during a full moon, a new moon, or the waning or waxing moons influences whether the crops are bountiful or sparse. This same practice can be applied to your hair. It’s called Lunar Hair Care.

Whatever intention you may have for your hair — thicken, root work, strengthen, lengthen, or beautify — you can achieve the goal by coordinating when you cut your hair with the lunar cycle.

What is the Lunar Hair Chart?

The Lunar Hair Chart is created from the wisdom and math of the Farmer’s Almanac, Western Astrology and the Mayan Lunar Calendar for optimizing hair cutting. The chart utilizes the moon’s natural cycle and applies it to hair care. In conjunction with the Blunt Snip technique this provides the ultimate hair cutting result for any hair type. The Lunar Hair Chart highlights days each month that promote five hair goals:
Thicken – Earth – Want fuller hair? Thicken promotes the activation of new growth cycles in the hair follicles.
•Root Work – Water – Cutting on a root work day shocks the entire growth cycle and reinvigorates hair at the scalp and deeper at the follicle level. Much like the enriched soil of a plant, a healthy scalp provides a good foundation for naturally healthy hair.
•Strengthen – Fire – Strengthen is a popular goal for those wanting to avoid premature hair fall. Cutting your hair on these dates reinforces roots, bulbs and follicles of your hair, producing stronger, more resilient hair.
•Lengthen – Air – Cutting or trimming on these dates stimulates your hair’s natural growth patterns, causing your hair to grow much faster over the following days.
•Beautify – Ether – These lunar days are used to improve the texture and sheen of one’s hair. Beautifying also works to enhance and refine the waviness of one’s hair.

Cutting on a specific date will promote that specific hair goal. The most powerful dates to cut hair are on the Lunar Hair Chart’s full moons, solstices, and equinoxes. Some goals have two or three possible dates — while all three are good, pick whichever one is closest to the Lunar Hair Chart’s Full Moon for optimum results.

You might notice these dates don’t sync with the astrological calendar. This is because modern calendars are based on a 12 moon cycle, and the Mayan Lunar Calendar uses 13 moon phases. The Lunar Hair Chart is optimized for haircutting.

Lunar Goal Combinations
Like our shampoos, it is crucial to rotate your hair goals to keep your hair healthy and to optimize your haircuts. Rotating with Root Work insures that you have a solid foundation. Here are some goal combinations for various results:
•For Hair Loss: Strengthen, Thicken, Root Work
•For Longer Hair: Lengthen, Root Work
•For Thicker Hair: Thicken, Beautify, Root Work
•For More Natural Wave: Beautify, Root Work

Acupuncture Treatments

Each date is the equivalent to a number of acupuncture treatments for hair health, increasing exponentially on the date chosen:
•Average Cutting Day: 6-10
•Full Moon: 8-12
•Solstice/Equinox: 10-15
•Full Moon & Solstice/Equinox: 12-16

(Acupuncture treatment is employed in Traditional Chinese Medicine)

When Do I Cut?

Deciding when to cut your hair depends on your intention. The lunar cycle offers five choices each month, one for each hair goal. For whatever you’re trying to accomplish with your hair, coordinating your hair cutting with one of these dates optimizes results. Solstices and equinox are particularly beneficial to your hair health. But keep in mind that dates change month-to-month; so make sure you keep to your unique schedule, and work with the Morrocco Method’s Lunar Calendar here.

Time Zones and Hemispheres

We have calculated the Lunar Hair Chart for three different time zones: North America, UK, Europe and Australia, assuming you are going to cut your hair between 8 am and 8 pm.

If you are located in the Southern Hemisphere — Australia or Brazil, for instance — California’s Summer Solstice would be your Winter Solstice, California’s Spring Equinox your Fall Equinox, and vice versa. You would still cut your hair on this very powerful date, but you might have different rituals or observances to go with the season.

How Do I Cut?

For optimal results, combine the Lunar Hair Care method with the Blunt Snip Haircutting Technique. Whether you cut your hair yourself or employ a professional hair stylist, the Blunt Snip Technique banishes the razor effect, which creates thin ends and frees your hair of split and dead ends, helping to promote healthy growth. For more on the Blunt Snip Haircutting Technique, click here.

Important Things to Remember…

Just as there are days that promote hair growth, cutting your hair on particular days can retard your progress towards your goal. Cutting your hair on certain days can potentially make your hair grow slower, not unlike planting a seed in winter and expecting it to grow. And remember to take pride in your hair. A trip to the salon is not a gossip-session; it’s a time to relax and let a professional help you on the path to perfect hair. Surrender your precious locks only to competent, conscientious, and experienced hair professionals; somebody who can envision your goal, make it happen, and most importantly knows when to stop!

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Does my birthday have anything to do with lunar-based haircuts?

A: If the cycle falls directly on your birthday, by all means do the cut on that day for optimum results! Otherwise, choose the most convenient date noted on the calendar.

Q: Can I trim my hair on a non-Lunar date?

A: Dates not on the Lunar Hair Chart are considered the best days for retarding hair growth. So these are ideal for waxing, plucking and shaving unwanted hair.

Q: Will my hair improve if I just use the Lunar Hair Chart and nothing else?

A: Cutting your hair is just one aspect of healthy hair care. Think of Morrocco Method as spokes in a Wheel to optimum hair health. Using MM products, cutting your hair properly, eating a nutritional diet, and keeping stress down are spokes in a wheel that create the greatest structural integrity for hair health.

Q: The date I wanted to cut was yesterday! Can I cut my hair still?

A: It is better just to wait for the next date on the Lunar Hair Chart than to cut off the chart.

To get your Lunar Hair Chart, please visit: morroccomethod.com/lunar-hair-chart

Words from the Hair Shaman:

Think of your head of hair as a work of art—to which the artisan must apply enough skill and respect to stop when creation is complete. Making a conscious decision to quiet your mind beforehand and/or doing silent meditation during the session are much more preferable to what usually goes on at a salon.

If you politely explain to the hair professional that you’d like a tranquil atmosphere, he or she will understand. Many of them welcome a change from the chatter and nerve-wracking decibel levels so prevalent in modern salons! You could ask for an appointment before or after normal business hours.

While doing research in Central America, I studied with respected shamans. These healers, who preserve mythic traditions of their indigenous kinsmen, are specifically trained to understand the subtleties of the moon’s energy field. I observed that the moon’s influence appears in every culture worldwide. The Farmer’s Almanac contains detailed lunar phase data which is used all across the country to determine best times for crop irrigation, sowing and reaping.

Even home hobbyists know that pruning their gardens on certain days leads to more bountiful blooms. While integrating the moon’s phases into hair care is not entirely unknown, I succeeded in developing Morrocco Method to incorporate previously undocumented practices from around the world. Initially, I sought to investigate the principles for the sole benefit of my personal hair care clients. But I was later compelled to carefully record each methodology for inclusion in my comprehensive Morrocco Method educational system.
Toltec Nagual is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-27-2017, 01:38 PM   #30
Banned

Toltec Nagual is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 267.00
Cutting hair and the phases of the moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toltec Nagual View Post

The Lunar Hair Chart

Cut and wash your hair according to the Mayan Calendar to grow thick long hair.

Although the Mayan Calendar became obsolete in August of 2005 (two thousand and five), this hair care method can still be used.

Native American hair grows best when maintained on the "New Moon" because the Native American kidney responds to kidney yin deficiency and the new moon is Yin time of the month.

I mention this because the "Full Moon" is the yang time of the month which corresponds to kidney yang deficiency. People of Hispanic/Mexican/South American lineage have hair that responds to the "Full Moon" kidney yang deficiency.

The concept of Yin/Yang deficiency comes from Traditional Chinese Medicine:

Find the hair growth calendar for each month here: Lunar Hair Care

Information of Mayan Calendar hair care is here: The Lunar Hair Chart - Morrocco Method

The Lunar Hair Chart

For centuries, humans have followed the moon’s cycles to determine when to plant and harvest crops. Planting during a particular lunar cycle determines what the crop will yield. In other words, whether a farmer plants his seeds during a full moon, a new moon, or the waning or waxing moons influences whether the crops are bountiful or sparse. This same practice can be applied to your hair. It’s called Lunar Hair Care.

Whatever intention you may have for your hair — thicken, root work, strengthen, lengthen, or beautify — you can achieve the goal by coordinating when you cut your hair with the lunar cycle.

What is the Lunar Hair Chart?

The Lunar Hair Chart is created from the wisdom and math of the Farmer’s Almanac, Western Astrology and the Mayan Lunar Calendar for optimizing hair cutting. The chart utilizes the moon’s natural cycle and applies it to hair care. In conjunction with the Blunt Snip technique this provides the ultimate hair cutting result for any hair type. The Lunar Hair Chart highlights days each month that promote five hair goals:
Thicken – Earth – Want fuller hair? Thicken promotes the activation of new growth cycles in the hair follicles.
•Root Work – Water – Cutting on a root work day shocks the entire growth cycle and reinvigorates hair at the scalp and deeper at the follicle level. Much like the enriched soil of a plant, a healthy scalp provides a good foundation for naturally healthy hair.
•Strengthen – Fire – Strengthen is a popular goal for those wanting to avoid premature hair fall. Cutting your hair on these dates reinforces roots, bulbs and follicles of your hair, producing stronger, more resilient hair.
•Lengthen – Air – Cutting or trimming on these dates stimulates your hair’s natural growth patterns, causing your hair to grow much faster over the following days.
•Beautify – Ether – These lunar days are used to improve the texture and sheen of one’s hair. Beautifying also works to enhance and refine the waviness of one’s hair.

Cutting on a specific date will promote that specific hair goal. The most powerful dates to cut hair are on the Lunar Hair Chart’s full moons, solstices, and equinoxes. Some goals have two or three possible dates — while all three are good, pick whichever one is closest to the Lunar Hair Chart’s Full Moon for optimum results.

You might notice these dates don’t sync with the astrological calendar. This is because modern calendars are based on a 12 moon cycle, and the Mayan Lunar Calendar uses 13 moon phases. The Lunar Hair Chart is optimized for haircutting.

Lunar Goal Combinations
Like our shampoos, it is crucial to rotate your hair goals to keep your hair healthy and to optimize your haircuts. Rotating with Root Work insures that you have a solid foundation. Here are some goal combinations for various results:
•For Hair Loss: Strengthen, Thicken, Root Work
•For Longer Hair: Lengthen, Root Work
•For Thicker Hair: Thicken, Beautify, Root Work
•For More Natural Wave: Beautify, Root Work

Acupuncture Treatments

Each date is the equivalent to a number of acupuncture treatments for hair health, increasing exponentially on the date chosen:
•Average Cutting Day: 6-10
•Full Moon: 8-12
•Solstice/Equinox: 10-15
•Full Moon & Solstice/Equinox: 12-16

(Acupuncture treatment is employed in Traditional Chinese Medicine)

When Do I Cut?

Deciding when to cut your hair depends on your intention. The lunar cycle offers five choices each month, one for each hair goal. For whatever you’re trying to accomplish with your hair, coordinating your hair cutting with one of these dates optimizes results. Solstices and equinox are particularly beneficial to your hair health. But keep in mind that dates change month-to-month; so make sure you keep to your unique schedule, and work with the Morrocco Method’s Lunar Calendar here.

Time Zones and Hemispheres

We have calculated the Lunar Hair Chart for three different time zones: North America, UK, Europe and Australia, assuming you are going to cut your hair between 8 am and 8 pm.

If you are located in the Southern Hemisphere — Australia or Brazil, for instance — California’s Summer Solstice would be your Winter Solstice, California’s Spring Equinox your Fall Equinox, and vice versa. You would still cut your hair on this very powerful date, but you might have different rituals or observances to go with the season.

How Do I Cut?

For optimal results, combine the Lunar Hair Care method with the Blunt Snip Haircutting Technique. Whether you cut your hair yourself or employ a professional hair stylist, the Blunt Snip Technique banishes the razor effect, which creates thin ends and frees your hair of split and dead ends, helping to promote healthy growth. For more on the Blunt Snip Haircutting Technique, click here.

Important Things to Remember…

Just as there are days that promote hair growth, cutting your hair on particular days can retard your progress towards your goal. Cutting your hair on certain days can potentially make your hair grow slower, not unlike planting a seed in winter and expecting it to grow. And remember to take pride in your hair. A trip to the salon is not a gossip-session; it’s a time to relax and let a professional help you on the path to perfect hair. Surrender your precious locks only to competent, conscientious, and experienced hair professionals; somebody who can envision your goal, make it happen, and most importantly knows when to stop!

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Does my birthday have anything to do with lunar-based haircuts?

A: If the cycle falls directly on your birthday, by all means do the cut on that day for optimum results! Otherwise, choose the most convenient date noted on the calendar.

Q: Can I trim my hair on a non-Lunar date?

A: Dates not on the Lunar Hair Chart are considered the best days for retarding hair growth. So these are ideal for waxing, plucking and shaving unwanted hair.

Q: Will my hair improve if I just use the Lunar Hair Chart and nothing else?

A: Cutting your hair is just one aspect of healthy hair care. Think of Morrocco Method as spokes in a Wheel to optimum hair health. Using MM products, cutting your hair properly, eating a nutritional diet, and keeping stress down are spokes in a wheel that create the greatest structural integrity for hair health.

Q: The date I wanted to cut was yesterday! Can I cut my hair still?

A: It is better just to wait for the next date on the Lunar Hair Chart than to cut off the chart.

To get your Lunar Hair Chart, please visit: morroccomethod.com/lunar-hair-chart

Words from the Hair Shaman:

Think of your head of hair as a work of art—to which the artisan must apply enough skill and respect to stop when creation is complete. Making a conscious decision to quiet your mind beforehand and/or doing silent meditation during the session are much more preferable to what usually goes on at a salon.

If you politely explain to the hair professional that you’d like a tranquil atmosphere, he or she will understand. Many of them welcome a change from the chatter and nerve-wracking decibel levels so prevalent in modern salons! You could ask for an appointment before or after normal business hours.

While doing research in Central America, I studied with respected shamans. These healers, who preserve mythic traditions of their indigenous kinsmen, are specifically trained to understand the subtleties of the moon’s energy field. I observed that the moon’s influence appears in every culture worldwide. The Farmer’s Almanac contains detailed lunar phase data which is used all across the country to determine best times for crop irrigation, sowing and reaping.

Even home hobbyists know that pruning their gardens on certain days leads to more bountiful blooms. While integrating the moon’s phases into hair care is not entirely unknown, I succeeded in developing Morrocco Method to incorporate previously undocumented practices from around the world. Initially, I sought to investigate the principles for the sole benefit of my personal hair care clients. But I was later compelled to carefully record each methodology for inclusion in my comprehensive Morrocco Method educational system.
Below is a testimonial which shows what a person needs to consider when washing or trimming their hair:

Testimonial:

Fairlight63 said:May 4th, 2011 11:29 AM

Re: Cutting hair by the phases of the moon.

I found this on the internet that I thought was interesting:

[This info is from a book called Living By The Moon, by Ute York.

a hairstylist who worked according to the moon phases for fifteen yrs. sites these observations:

Hair is an energy carrier. Hair is as sensitive as it's owner and needs a certain vibration in order to feel well. The best day for cutting/trimming is the third day after a new moon and the third day before a full moon. On these days the hair does not lose any energy.

If the ends are trimmed on these 2 days, it will continue growing without impedance.

He has found that when men regularly get hair cut with the moon in the sign of Leo, their hair improves and becomes stronger. I think this would work the same with women.

American astrologer Linda Goodman says, "if you want your hair short then continue cutting during the full moon; it will not grow back as fast. However if you want it to grow back quickly, trim regularly at the new moon, even just a tiny bit. Then you will realize your hair is growing much faster.

Never cut hair when moon is in virgo. If you want your hair to grow faster cut it when moon is in Cancer or Pisces in the 1st or 2nd quarter.
If you want it to grow slower, cut it when moon is in Aries, Gemini or Virgo in the 3rd or 4th quarter, with Saturn opposing moon or square.
To make it grow thicker, cut when moon is full, or,when it's in opposition to the sun in the signs of taurus, cancer, or leo up to and on the full moon.

My hair has been to my hips 5 1/2 times in my life this being the almost 6th...
I always trim it on either the evening before a new moon or on the new moon itself. Always in a water sign... and some time in the sign of Gemini because I read some where that Gemini cutting would be twice as fast (???) And My bangs on a full moon so as not to grow as fast...
works for me.... ]

The end of what I found on a different website that is not the Lunar Hair Care Chart website
Toltec Nagual is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links