Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Women's Dance Styles > Cloth Dancing How are the fall pow wows going so far? How are the fall pow wows going so far?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-09-2004, 11:27 AM   #1
Senior Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
sltate has a reputation beyond repute
sltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 101.00
Savings: 0.00
How are the fall pow wows going so far?

Well,how is the fall going for the cloth dancers so far?
I have gone to some pow wows, not a whole lot, and have seen some serious dancing taking place. ha ha
I went to Kinder, but did not dance because I was not feeling up to it healthwise, but it was a good pow wow. I have not sat on the side and watched a pow wow in a long time, so this was a chance to see how everyone dances. I enjoyed it immensely.
I went to Austin and checotah...both had alot of ties, but the dancing was intense. The singing has been very good. I have heard alot of old school singing(you know a faster beat, no such long slow songs, older songs being sung) and that is more my style since I lost my dip a couple of years ago. ha ha
I haven't seen to much new beadwork. I guess everyone is waiting for the spring to bring out new beadwork.
I haven't heard anything on Prairie Island, but they always wait until about a two weeks before putting their flyer on the net,,,, so.....Indo sounds good ,but I am taking my girls to Livingston to dance at their youth pow wow. My husband is one of the MC's at Indio, so I will have him get someone to video tape for me. ha ha
My daughter is head dancer at Pawnee this weekend, a youth pow wow....so, anyone in the vicinity is invited to come and dance with us if you don't have previous plans. I would love to head out to Fountain Hills, but I have a job.....I know, but I can't live on pow wow anymore. LOL So, tell me how the pow wows have been all over indian country this fall....
sltate is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links