Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Women's Dance Styles > Cloth Dancing How to make a seminole womens cape???????? How to make a seminole womens cape????????

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-20-2004, 03:31 AM   #1
skeeterbug

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
eucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond repute
eucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
How to make a seminole womens cape????????

i wa just wondering if anyone knew how to makea seminole womens cape i have a seminole stomp dance skirt and i want to wear a cape with my dress but i dont know exatly how to make it my grandma had an idea on how to but i was just wondering if anyone knew thanks

peace love and frybread grease

You got me lifted shifted higher than a ceiling And ooh wee it's the ultimate feeling
You got me lifted feeling so gifted Sugar how you get so fly??

****Mary had a little lamb but grandma butchered it****
eucheefolife is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-23-2004, 12:06 PM   #2
Junior Dancer

lightningflash has a reputation beyond reputelightningflash has a reputation beyond reputelightningflash has a reputation beyond reputelightningflash has a reputation beyond reputelightningflash has a reputation beyond reputelightningflash has a reputation beyond reputelightningflash has a reputation beyond reputelightningflash has a reputation beyond reputelightningflash has a reputation beyond reputelightningflash has a reputation beyond reputelightningflash has a reputation beyond reputelightningflash has a reputation beyond reputelightningflash has a reputation beyond reputelightningflash has a reputation beyond reputelightningflash has a reputation beyond reputelightningflash has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 911.80
It's a yoke made out of two triangular pieces, made to fit around your shoulders, and then a piece of fabric set with tiny pleats into the bottom edge of the yoke. I'll try to take some pictures of the capes that I have tonight and post them tomorrow so you can see what I mean, because it's kinda hard to describe. Also, I have several capes and might be willing to part with one if you are interested in buying...
lightningflash is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-27-2004, 12:23 PM   #3
Junior Dancer

lightningflash has a reputation beyond reputelightningflash has a reputation beyond reputelightningflash has a reputation beyond reputelightningflash has a reputation beyond reputelightningflash has a reputation beyond reputelightningflash has a reputation beyond reputelightningflash has a reputation beyond reputelightningflash has a reputation beyond reputelightningflash has a reputation beyond reputelightningflash has a reputation beyond reputelightningflash has a reputation beyond reputelightningflash has a reputation beyond reputelightningflash has a reputation beyond reputelightningflash has a reputation beyond reputelightningflash has a reputation beyond reputelightningflash has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 911.80
Here is the link to my gallery - I have added a picture of the front and back of my nicest cape. The yoke is more triangular in the back than the front - there is a seam in the yoke down each shoulder line. Then the main body of the cape is sewn into the yoke with tons of little pleats.

http://www.powwows.com/galleries/sho.../all/ppuser/62

If anyone is interested in buying a cape, I have two older-style ones that I can part with. By older-style I mean they have no patchwork, and have the smaller yokes that don't come down around the shoulders. The main fabric is the see-through stuff, and one cape is in black with a white satin yoke, the other is white with a red yoke. If anyone is interested, send me a PM with you email addy and I will send you pics. $30 each.

Also, I do still have catalogs available for Hopoya, a seminole crafter's co-op in Florida. They are the ones who did the yellow cape and a matching skirt for me. I have nice color catalogs showing the stuff they have for sale - jackets, vests, dresses, baby and kids clothes, household items, etc. Anyone interested can send me their mailing address in a PM and I will mail you a catalog.
lightningflash is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-26-2004, 07:09 AM   #4
skeeterbug

eucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond repute
eucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond reputeeucheefolife has a reputation beyond repute
thanks for your post my mom and i are almost finished with it it has black see through material andpink see through ribbon on it it will go good with my stomp dance skirt

You got me lifted shifted higher than a ceiling And ooh wee it's the ultimate feeling
You got me lifted feeling so gifted Sugar how you get so fly??

****Mary had a little lamb but grandma butchered it****
eucheefolife is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-16-2004, 04:28 PM   #5
Pow Wow Visitor

Medievalbelle will become famous soon enough
Information removed Information removed Information removed Information removed Information removed Information removed Information removed Information removed

Last edited by Medievalbelle; 03-13-2009 at 06:22 PM.. Reason: Attempting to delete profile
Medievalbelle is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-28-2012, 01:50 PM   #6
Pow Wow Visitor

Barbara.duncombe is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 206.05
Can I buy a Seminole cape please new to this ,thank you
Barbara.duncombe is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links