Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Singing > Southern Singing Cedar Tree Singers Cedar Tree Singers

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-31-2003, 01:32 PM   #1
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
oregongirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Cedar Tree Singers

I was wondering who could give me some information on the Cedar Tree singers and how to see them perform. Thanks!
oregongirl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-05-2003, 11:59 AM   #2
Tiny Tot Dancer

bqueton has a reputation beyond reputebqueton has a reputation beyond reputebqueton has a reputation beyond reputebqueton has a reputation beyond reputebqueton has a reputation beyond reputebqueton has a reputation beyond reputebqueton has a reputation beyond reputebqueton has a reputation beyond reputebqueton has a reputation beyond reputebqueton has a reputation beyond reputebqueton has a reputation beyond reputebqueton has a reputation beyond reputebqueton has a reputation beyond reputebqueton has a reputation beyond reputebqueton has a reputation beyond reputebqueton has a reputation beyond repute
You may be on the wrong side of the United States. Cedar Tree is from Virginia.
bqueton is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-05-2003, 12:34 PM   #3
Pow Wow Visitor

oregongirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Cedartree

I know they are from Virginia. That is where I grew up. Thanks though:)
oregongirl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-31-2008, 08:46 PM   #4
Pow Wow Visitor

Black Crow is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregongirl View Post
I know they are from Virginia. That is where I grew up. Thanks though:)

I would like to know where i can buy their CD's

Thanks !!!

www.blackcrowjewelry.nl
Black Crow is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-02-2008, 09:11 PM   #5
Taskahoi Atsuti

LSS has a reputation beyond repute
LSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 278.94
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Crow View Post
I would like to know where i can buy their CD's

Thanks !!!
Are you talking about the newest one "The Right Time"? It was released this past summer. Check out www.indians.org to see about ordering that if you're interested. I think there are even a song or two you can hear as a sample.

I haven't visited that site in a while. If I had a few extra I'd send you a copy but I'm all out.
To get a true picture of your purpose in life, you only get the whole picture when you listen with your mind, your ears and your heart. This way The Creator has a direct connection with you and only you...no outside interference.

When you follow the will of IT that created you, understanding that your purpose is not for you...but for IT and all that IT has created, there can be no wrong except failure to be obedient. Only then do we jeopardize the gifts we are given.

Its not the final destination that defines us, rather the journey taken!
LSS is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-03-2008, 12:57 PM   #6
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,582.70
I was just thinking about them this morning.

I was humming a tune composed by the late Austin Sebastian. This song was sung by Cedar Tree, Bad Medicine and another drum I heard recently.

Is Cedar Tree still singing?
Old 11-03-2008, 04:49 PM   #7
Taskahoi Atsuti

LSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoMe View Post
I was just thinking about them this morning.

I was humming a tune composed by the late Austin Sebastian. This song was sung by Cedar Tree, Bad Medicine and another drum I heard recently.

Is Cedar Tree still singing?
Good ol' Austin aye? Yeah...we sang that song a couple of weeks ago if we're talking about the same song. I know Austin composed several songs in his short lifetime.

Talk about funny! Austin was quite a character!

Yeah...Cedartree is still singing. Like other drum groups...folks move, priorities change as kids get older...you know the routine.

Have you heard "The Right Time"?
To get a true picture of your purpose in life, you only get the whole picture when you listen with your mind, your ears and your heart. This way The Creator has a direct connection with you and only you...no outside interference.

When you follow the will of IT that created you, understanding that your purpose is not for you...but for IT and all that IT has created, there can be no wrong except failure to be obedient. Only then do we jeopardize the gifts we are given.

Old 11-03-2008, 05:05 PM   #8
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 127,514.31
Is this the same Cedar Tree made up of guys from arounf the D.C. area? I believe the first time I heard them was the early 90's up around Baltimore or Virginia at Barry's powwows.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-04-2008, 08:00 AM   #9
Taskahoi Atsuti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad View Post
Is this the same Cedar Tree made up of guys from arounf the D.C. area? I believe the first time I heard them was the early 90's up around Baltimore or Virginia at Barry's powwows.
Lead by the "Rose Brothers"? Yeah...I don't know of any other Cedartree Singers.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:37 PM   #10
BOULDERDASH!

Coyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond repute
Coyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 396.55
Lightbulb Cedartree....

Good music....Always enjoyed listening to them....Mike can make some keen drumstix! The buffalo hide drum sounded good with the stix he made.....

Geez I remember hearing about Austin.....He was a good person.....

Howz "Mr. Bill"?
Coyot_In_The_House is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-07-2008, 05:26 PM   #11
Fancy Shawl Dancer

Kamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond repute
Kamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 368.00
I know they sometimes go to the pow wow I believe its in Quicksburg Virginia at the Silver Phoenix Trading Post. There pow wow is normally the 3rd weekend in June or July. I dont remember, I use to go every year, but, havent been there for the past 2 years. But, look it up in the calender and see if its there yet. Thats where I got my CD of Cedar Tree, nice group of guys, my fiance got to chat with em a lil bit, Im shy, so, I just stood there haha.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:06 AM   #12
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,582.70
Well, I just heard from one of their singers they are no more.

Their lead singer has moved away and they have disbanded.

Old 11-10-2008, 03:06 PM   #13
Fancy Shawl Dancer

Kamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond repute
Kamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 368.00
NoooOoooOoo!!!! Well, I wish them all well, wherever they are, and in whatever they do. They was some good singers.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:44 AM   #14
Pow Wow Visitor

leadmaster3000 is an unknown quantity at this point
[QUOTE=LSS;1235307]Are you talking about the newest one "The Right Time"? It was released this past summer. Check out www.indians.org to see about ordering that if you're interested. I think there are even a song or two you can hear as a sample.

Hey I ordered a cd about 3-4 weeks ago and it hasn't arrived! I've tried emailing the contacts on the site, but I haven't gotten a response! Either something got messed up, or they're ripping people off! Has anyone else had this problem???
leadmaster3000 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links