Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Singing > Southern Singing Composing songs for people.... Composing songs for people....

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-15-2004, 12:24 AM   #1
Taskahoi Atsuti

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
LSS has a reputation beyond repute
LSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 278.94
Savings: 1.00
Composing songs for people....

if I feel compelled to compose a song for someone b/c of something they've said/done that has moved me very strongly in my heart and convictions, should I?

lss
To get a true picture of your purpose in life, you only get the whole picture when you listen with your mind, your ears and your heart. This way The Creator has a direct connection with you and only you...no outside interference.

When you follow the will of IT that created you, understanding that your purpose is not for you...but for IT and all that IT has created, there can be no wrong except failure to be obedient. Only then do we jeopardize the gifts we are given.

Its not the final destination that defines us, rather the journey taken!
LSS is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-15-2004, 12:29 PM   #2
49 Coordinator

out_snaggin will become famous soon enough
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Heck yeah! Having a song wrote for you is a true honor. Personally there's nothing better. Ever since I was little I wanted a drummer to write a song for me and now my boyfriend has. I can't even explain the overwhelming happiness it brings me!
out_snaggin is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-15-2004, 12:48 PM   #3
Teen Dancer

fancy_shawls_225 has a reputation beyond repute
fancy_shawls_225 has a reputation beyond reputefancy_shawls_225 has a reputation beyond reputefancy_shawls_225 has a reputation beyond reputefancy_shawls_225 has a reputation beyond reputefancy_shawls_225 has a reputation beyond reputefancy_shawls_225 has a reputation beyond reputefancy_shawls_225 has a reputation beyond reputefancy_shawls_225 has a reputation beyond reputefancy_shawls_225 has a reputation beyond repute
I think you should, I mean if you feel it in you youll feel better and youll get it in you to write songs, and give it to that person. who knows, you could change thier life!
fancy_shawls_225 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-15-2004, 01:20 PM   #4
*~the REAL me~*

Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Go for it! personal heartfelt things such as this are PRICELESS! I have written a few, and even once performed some of them on stages (and my singin' SUCKS!)
But a little embarrassment is nothing compared to having the 'guts' to try!
Colonah
Joe G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-15-2004, 02:40 PM   #5
Teen Dancer

orangepridendns1 has a reputation beyond reputeorangepridendns1 has a reputation beyond reputeorangepridendns1 has a reputation beyond reputeorangepridendns1 has a reputation beyond reputeorangepridendns1 has a reputation beyond reputeorangepridendns1 has a reputation beyond reputeorangepridendns1 has a reputation beyond reputeorangepridendns1 has a reputation beyond reputeorangepridendns1 has a reputation beyond reputeorangepridendns1 has a reputation beyond reputeorangepridendns1 has a reputation beyond reputeorangepridendns1 has a reputation beyond reputeorangepridendns1 has a reputation beyond reputeorangepridendns1 has a reputation beyond reputeorangepridendns1 has a reputation beyond reputeorangepridendns1 has a reputation beyond reputeorangepridendns1 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 212.00
Exclamation Use your gift!

LSS- what a great way to show someone the respect and honor that you have for them and something that affected you, either a word, action or deed than to use a gift the Creator bestowed upon you and compose a song for them! Go for it!!
orangepridendns1 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-18-2004, 07:27 PM   #6
~*Southernz Elite*~

SBZ4life has a spectacular aura about
Sure make a song for him...Im kinda curious..I wanna hear it

" say what I feel, I say what I think, I say what you do not like, Yet for some reason what I say is somewhat correct" Chief Big Beef 1999
SBZ4life is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-18-2004, 08:12 PM   #7
Taskahoi Atsuti

LSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond repute
uh huh!...(clearing throat)...

how shall I start?...lol
To get a true picture of your purpose in life, you only get the whole picture when you listen with your mind, your ears and your heart. This way The Creator has a direct connection with you and only you...no outside interference.

When you follow the will of IT that created you, understanding that your purpose is not for you...but for IT and all that IT has created, there can be no wrong except failure to be obedient. Only then do we jeopardize the gifts we are given.

Old 10-19-2004, 11:07 AM   #8
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,562.70
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSS
if I feel compelled to compose a song for someone b/c of something they've said/done that has moved me very strongly in my heart and convictions, should I?

lss
___

LSS:

I think your intentions are sincere. You should inform the person that you have made a song for him so that he can prepare to pay for it through a give away. Through this give away, your composition will be made public and the rules for how and when it should be sung can be made clear in a public forum.

On the flip side . . .

I know a famous singer who makes songs for individuals of both well known and wealthy families in order to get hefty gifts and make relationships. (Most of the time the families did not request a song from him nor were they looking to have a song made). This person is rampant for using his talents for personal gain.
Old 10-19-2004, 09:58 PM   #9
Taskahoi Atsuti

Oh ****....that sucks....

I wonder if I know this person...lol....

lol...stay away from me....lol

Old 10-20-2004, 12:19 PM   #10
Insert Image Here

SmokeEater has a reputation beyond repute
SmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 261.80
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoMe
___

I know a famous singer who makes songs for individuals of both well known and wealthy families in order to get hefty gifts and make relationships. (Most of the time the families did not request a song from him nor were they looking to have a song made). This person is rampant for using his talents for personal gain.

That reminds me J, I've got about 15 songs I've written for you two. I will accept cash in lieu of gifts.:Thumbs
Old 10-20-2004, 06:47 PM   #11
Taskahoi Atsuti

LMAO....

you won't get anything from this broke azz indian

Old 10-20-2004, 08:20 PM   #12
f you!

kiowa captive is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Need snow cone Money

Now don't tell on me I !! only do that when I'm broke But there good songz anyway! Antone with some old tapes can do it comon everyone give away a song Yee hah! BUH!

Buh!
what Buh! again! GAAAAH!

GH
Old 10-20-2004, 10:20 PM   #13
Taskahoi Atsuti

LMAO....

KC....you're damn crazy

LSS

Old 10-21-2004, 02:02 PM   #14
Shmiles With Eskimo Pride

nt_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond repute
nt_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond reputent_inuk has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,364.92
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangepridendns1
LSS- what a great way to show someone the respect and honor that you have for them and something that affected you, either a word, action or deed than to use a gift the Creator bestowed upon you and compose a song for them! Go for it!!
Exactly :Thumbs ... go for it ... :Thumbs

"A person who works with their hands is a laborer,
A person who works with their hands & their brain is a craftsman,
A person who works with their brain & their heart ... is an Artist".
Join my on my face book fan page:
nt_inuk is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links