Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Singing > Southern Singing dancing dancing

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-20-2007, 07:26 PM   #1
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
kguerito is a glorious beacon of light
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
dancing

is it appropriate to dance southern straight and sing on a norhtern drum?
kguerito is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-20-2007, 10:09 PM   #2
Tiny Tot Dancer

Charlie TwoShirts has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie TwoShirts has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie TwoShirts has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie TwoShirts has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie TwoShirts has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie TwoShirts has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie TwoShirts has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie TwoShirts has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie TwoShirts has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie TwoShirts has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie TwoShirts has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie TwoShirts has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie TwoShirts has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie TwoShirts has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie TwoShirts has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie TwoShirts has a reputation beyond repute
I'd have to ask are you a singer or a dancer?
Charlie TwoShirts is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-20-2007, 10:33 PM   #3
CakeWalk Champion

cakewalk has a reputation beyond reputecakewalk has a reputation beyond reputecakewalk has a reputation beyond reputecakewalk has a reputation beyond reputecakewalk has a reputation beyond reputecakewalk has a reputation beyond reputecakewalk has a reputation beyond reputecakewalk has a reputation beyond reputecakewalk has a reputation beyond reputecakewalk has a reputation beyond reputecakewalk has a reputation beyond reputecakewalk has a reputation beyond reputecakewalk has a reputation beyond reputecakewalk has a reputation beyond reputecakewalk has a reputation beyond reputecakewalk has a reputation beyond repute
this same topic was just posted in "straight dancing" so im going to say the same thing;

personally i say yes.... for two reasons.

one; if you sing southern, you cant jam out that bad A** southern song you just led.

two; if it comes to a contest song and its both singing and dancing at the same time....well it wont happen.

diffent must!

secondly....whats the difference in "are you a singer or dancer"....there wouldn't be a question if he was doing only one?!

Last edited by cakewalk; 03-20-2007 at 10:33 PM.. Reason: spelling
cakewalk is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-27-2007, 12:00 AM   #4
Tiny Tot Dancer

Charlie TwoShirts has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie TwoShirts has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie TwoShirts has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie TwoShirts has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie TwoShirts has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie TwoShirts has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie TwoShirts has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie TwoShirts has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie TwoShirts has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie TwoShirts has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie TwoShirts has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie TwoShirts has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie TwoShirts has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie TwoShirts has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie TwoShirts has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie TwoShirts has a reputation beyond repute
That is my point.

Too many people trying to add this or that. Mixing things up. What we have is a mish mosh of who knows what. Where is the pride in that? That's why powwows are going the way they are.

Back in the day you were one or the other.

But who am I. What do I know.
Charlie TwoShirts is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-10-2007, 07:42 PM   #5
Tiny Tot Dancer

kguerito is a glorious beacon of light
oh, i sing mostily northern with Swiftcloud singers in cali. i also sing with a southern drum Rockin Horse with rick learoy. i'm navajo and i want to enter the area as a traditional navajo dancer in southern tradition and represent my tribe. in between drum sets i watch the dancers and it seems cool to be out there and dance for the people. i guess i just want to go out there and show my stuff and be proud of where my parents came from

but if it's a problem, then i'm happy to just be singing and having fun with the guys i sing with.

Last edited by kguerito; 04-10-2007 at 09:02 PM..
kguerito is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-11-2007, 02:08 AM   #6
Junior Dancer

SeaHawk is just really nice
My last couple of years dancing... I danced Northern Traditional while singing Southern. Now my sons are bigger than I am and between the two my stuff is everywhere. So, now I sing SOUTHERN.