Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Singing > Southern Singing Denver March Powwow.... Denver March Powwow....

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-27-2002, 02:55 PM   #1
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
singing_badass is just really nice
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Denver March Powwow....

I'm anxious to know if anyone has any comments on the singing in Denver ..........or any results of winners........who were the southern drums there??
singing_badass is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-27-2002, 10:37 PM   #2
gct

ScarFace can only hope to improve
Flipmode!!?????

Hey SingingBadass Who do you sing with or should I ask Who were you singing with @ denver????

There was about 17 or 18 southern drums and most of them soumded ok I guess.....I mean nothing to call home about.....
ScarFace is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-01-2002, 01:43 PM   #3
Tiny Tot Dancer

singing_badass is just really nice
BUH! If I was at Denver March Powwow, then there would be no need to ask for results on winners...or to ask what southern drums where there....??????

Only asking for comments Scarface....chill.......and as for me ..........
.............I SING WITH EVERYONE......... ;)
singing_badass is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-04-2002, 12:48 PM   #4
=============

Kool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond reputeKool Breeze has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 580.34
Is it true that there is no drum contest at the Denver powwow but there are dance contest? If so, why do drum groups from all over North America travel to this powwow? I heard that the drums get day money but nothing close to what it costs a lot of groups to travel out there and stay a few days. How do you justify going to this powwow? I'm sure there are a few groups who don't mind taking on the financial burden of the costs of the trip but aren't there about 50 or 60 drums who show up for this powwow. I'm not one who only goes to powwows for money, but if I'm taking a long trip across the continent, I would at least like a chance to break even when the weekend is over.

Also, if there's not a drum contest, WHY is there not a drum contest? Just more proof that drums are underappreciated.

-Kool Bills
Old 03-24-2004, 11:31 AM   #5
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,582.70
_________

There was a grand total of 73 drums. Can you say a lot of "drum hopping?"

If you were lucky, you got to sing 5 times the whole weekend.

Most drums got only one song from the two sessions on Saturday. As a result, several drums did not return on Sunday.

But in being fair, the committee has asked the drums, through a poll, if they should change to a drum contest powwow. The answer is always an overwhelming . . . NO!

Anyway, Denver March has come and gone.

"POWWOW SEASON HAS OFFICIALLY BEGUN!"
WhoMe is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-24-2004, 01:44 PM   #6
*Graceless Grass Dancer*

Dancin by the bay is a jewel in the rough
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by singing_badass
BUH! If I was at Denver March Powwow, then there would be no need to ask for results on winners...or to ask what southern drums where there....??????

Only asking for comments Scarface....chill.......and as for me ..........
.............I SING WITH EVERYONE......... ;)
Singbadass if you sing with every one and you were at denver accordin to whome you would have been hopping 73 drums. Dayum that's alot of hopping*laughs*

:rofl2:
Dancin by the bay is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-29-2004, 04:14 PM   #7
~*Southernz Elite*~

SBZ4life has a spectacular aura about
Oh lets see now, this powwow was soooo boring...talk about sittin there and sittin there and sittin there....had no choice but to drumhop to keep from dying from boredom. I think they should start having a drum contest. Or at least have no drum hoppin at all...then there would be less drums...plus some people were bringing a few drums in different names and just jumpin around. Kinda smart tho. I probaly wont be going back to that powwow for a looooooooooooooong time. Other than that GATHERINGS HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!!

" say what I feel, I say what I think, I say what you do not like, Yet for some reason what I say is somewhat correct" Chief Big Beef 1999
SBZ4life is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-30-2004, 08:58 AM   #8
ON THE PROWL...

KoolNDN has a reputation beyond reputeKoolNDN has a reputation beyond reputeKoolNDN has a reputation beyond reputeKoolNDN has a reputation beyond reputeKoolNDN has a reputation beyond reputeKoolNDN has a reputation beyond reputeKoolNDN has a reputation beyond reputeKoolNDN has a reputation beyond reputeKoolNDN has a reputation beyond reputeKoolNDN has a reputation beyond reputeKoolNDN has a reputation beyond reputeKoolNDN has a reputation beyond reputeKoolNDN has a reputation beyond reputeKoolNDN has a reputation beyond reputeKoolNDN has a reputation beyond reputeKoolNDN has a reputation beyond reputeKoolNDN has a reputation beyond reputeKoolNDN has a reputation beyond reputeKoolNDN has a reputation beyond reputeKoolNDN has a reputation beyond repute
[*

Last edited by KoolNDN; 04-01-2007 at 03:50 AM..
KoolNDN is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links