Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Singing > Southern Singing Drinkin' Drinkin'

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-29-2006, 10:21 PM   #1
nobody

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
suthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 394.00
Savings: 0.00
Drinkin'

What's you guyz' take, on singers goin' and gettin tuned up durin the break?? I mean committes try and prevent it by threatening to disqualify drums, but does that really work? Has anyone actually seen this done? Actually seen anyone get caught?
Old 03-30-2006, 09:24 AM   #2
Taskahoi Atsuti

LSS has a reputation beyond repute
LSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 278.94
Savings: 1.00
I must admit that I've never seen this. I would never agree with this. Any of my singers would probably have hell to pay!
To get a true picture of your purpose in life, you only get the whole picture when you listen with your mind, your ears and your heart. This way The Creator has a direct connection with you and only you...no outside interference.

When you follow the will of IT that created you, understanding that your purpose is not for you...but for IT and all that IT has created, there can be no wrong except failure to be obedient. Only then do we jeopardize the gifts we are given.

Its not the final destination that defines us, rather the journey taken!
LSS is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-30-2006, 09:40 AM   #3
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,558.70
Quote:
Originally Posted by suthernwaterbird
What's you guyz' take, on singers goin' and gettin tuned up durin the break?? I mean committes try and prevent it by threatening to disqualify drums, but does that really work? Has anyone actually seen this done? Actually seen anyone get caught?

suthern,

"There is a time and place for everything."

Drinkin' among children, elders, eaglefeathers and the drum - is neither the time nor place.

While some don't condone drinking at all, I have made some of my best contacts and relationships afterhours with many popular powwow people.

Again ... "there is a time and place for everything."
WhoMe is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-30-2006, 09:47 AM   #4
Taskahoi Atsuti

LSS has a reputation beyond repute
LSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 278.94
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoMe
suthern,

"There is a time and place for everything."

Drinkin' among children, elders, eaglefeathers and the drum - is neither the time nor place.

While some don't condone drinking at all, I have made some of my best contacts and relationships afterhours with many popular powwow people.

Again ... "there is a time and place for everything."

Just so we know, was not referring to the "big" break....after the pow wow is over for the night.
To get a true picture of your purpose in life, you only get the whole picture when you listen with your mind, your ears and your heart. This way The Creator has a direct connection with you and only you...no outside interference.

When you follow the will of IT that created you, understanding that your purpose is not for you...but for IT and all that IT has created, there can be no wrong except failure to be obedient. Only then do we jeopardize the gifts we are given.

Its not the final destination that defines us, rather the journey taken!
LSS is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-30-2006, 10:36 AM   #5
nobody

suthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 394.00
Yea I figured that. lol I agree with that too, there is a time and place for everything.
Old 03-30-2006, 11:57 AM   #6
is waiting ....

chazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond repute
chazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 374.00
i know of one group who was a host drum, went and smoked up during supper break and someone reported them to the committee. and they weren't asked to come back the next year as one of the hosts(they were already invited) - but they did go that same pw the next year and placed pretty high in the drum contest ... lol
Old 03-30-2006, 04:17 PM   #7
Tiny Tot Dancer

southernsky is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 0.00
LMAO @ this subject. I think it's like somewhere between 65 and 75 percent maybe even 80 or 90% of most drum groups take "smoke" breaks. I know this, done it myself a few times back in the day, with my group and other groups. Most of your top Northern Groups take "smoke" breaks. There is nothing pow wow committees can do about it. They need dogs at every pow wow, then it may stop. I think it's wrong although I've done it myself. But hey....LEGALIZE IT!!
Old 04-05-2006, 01:27 PM   #8
~*Southernz Elite*~

SBZ4life has a spectacular aura about
Credits: 0.00
hmmm~Ive been to the drum a couple times high as the sacred eagle taking a poop. didnt do much to me...just made me hungry. Alcohol is bad right...what about smokin...you say its sacred tabacco, but the real tobacco doesnt have chemicals in it like the ones these days. So whats the real difference between alcohol and cigs? they both kill and cigs burn when you flick em out the car window and they shoot back in..lol..but who cares if someone drinks after the powwow. i could careless if they had a beer before the powwow long as it didnt stink.

" say what I feel, I say what I think, I say what you do not like, Yet for some reason what I say is somewhat correct" Chief Big Beef 1999
SBZ4life is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links