Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Singing > Southern Singing Drums Drums

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-24-2005, 09:45 AM   #1
I don't do this for fun!

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
TacO5000 has a reputation beyond repute
TacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 232.00
Savings: 1.00
Lightbulb Drums

What kind of tone of a drum do you like to sing with? what size, and what kind of stands do you perfer? Who makes keen drum? what kind of hides do you like?

I was gonna make a which good looking singer has the biggest gutt thread but we have too many of them so here one have at!

NDNTacO49
Old 09-24-2005, 12:42 PM   #2
nobody

suthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 394.00
Savings: 0.00
Go to the fine arts sect of the competition and look for a painted drum called father earth, mother sky. Get ahold of them, they make keen drums. Also Blackstone, drum makers can make some good ones. They set up across the country, but thats who made mine. 24 inches of cow hide.But my dad made my stand. It's the two pieces of wood, but the drum dosen't just sit there. I have rubber pieces that are drilled to the outside of the stand that hold the drum kind of sitting on air which gives it killer bass. So there ya go our secret aye.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:56 PM   #3
Southern Chummie

Niwiwan2005 is on a distinguished road
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Cool Drums of thunder..

It has been my opinion that bigger is better. Especially for that big southern sound! Our drum, at present, is a 30-inch diameter drum that is 12 inches deep. The hide we went with is a buffalo rawhide-super deep sound! The drum is on a stand that suspends the drum 3-inches from the bottom of the stand base.

Hopefully in the future, we'll be using a 40 inch buffalo drum!!
Niwiwan2005 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links