Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Singing > Southern Singing Edisto River Singers Edisto River Singers

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-26-2001, 12:19 AM   #21
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
WonderWoman is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
NDN Gal,
O.k., so you were referring to top dancers and pow wows in general. You keep saying no one is perfect. Again I repeat myself: NO ONE is claming to be perfect. I do not think it was fair of you to ask such a question about people close to you, specially on such a public place and putting them up for discussion. You asked a question, you got answers, you do not like them, too bad. I seen people really get trashed on these boards and believe me no one is doing that to this particular drum. The only one that is looking bad here is you, you know the saying, if you can't take the heat...

P.S. Listen to mom...
WonderWoman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-26-2001, 12:48 AM   #22
Arena Director

Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 110.00
Wink

Hey Tab - no mess here, sweetie! :D

You have to remember that when you ask a question like you did, i.e. how knowledgable do you think this group is, what do you think of them, etc., then you need to be prepared for people's opinions. You may not agree with their opinion, but you did ask for their opinion, then reiterated that you really wanted to know.

I think that Edisto River Singers are a great group of people, as well as you and your family. We have shared many a laugh together - but I am not one to tell you how knowledgable Andy or anyone else is about his drum. I think that Andy truly has a gift, and think that the members of ERS should take more advantage of his wanting to share that. That's not a slam - but a request, if you will. It's very hard to pow-wow, as you know, and have the love of it that you and Andy and Jesse and the kids do, and not have everyone understand that. It is such a committment to sit with a drum, and I know that Andy is def committed, as well as Jesse and some of the other boys - and when I saw them in Hollister, they really jammed, and sounded good. But that was the last time that I saw ERS set up - I have seen Andy singing with other groups since then - but not ERS. And that's cool all day long with everyone as long as it's cool with ERS. :D

Living with a singer can be trying at times , but always rewarding. :D

Hey, on a personal note, saw your mom at Manassas, she said she missed her grandbabies - she danced all weekend. They honored all grandmother's (Phyllis's giveaway) and she proudly went in to get her gift. I hope that makes you smile, it did me that she was so proud. :)

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo
Smokin' Ace is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-26-2001, 07:37 AM   #23
Putin' a lil jingle in it

nativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 180.00
Unhappy

OK!
I was wrong for getting defensive.I guess my mom is right there is only 2 that are really committed to being a "drum".I guess I was getting my hopes up that they would be praised but then I guess I get what I ask for, and then on another note I stated myself that no one is perfect.I will admit that I am in the wrong for getting mad. My apologies....my bad! I hope that no one will keep a grudge. I can't expect everyone to praise a group on 5-more when their is only 2 people who care about singing.Forgiven? :(
Old 06-26-2001, 08:19 AM   #24
Tiny Tot Dancer

Ikce Wicasa is an unknown quantity at this point
Maybe those two singers who are committed should work on becoming accomplished singers themselves as opposed to working on becoming an accomplished drum with people who might not be as serious about it as they are. There's too much emphasis these days I think on drum groups and not enough emphasis on singing. My advice to those two and the others if they choose would be to set in with drums(other singers) who are better than they are and learn from them...then work on that knowledge, sing everyday, practice, practice, practice, and then maybe, just maybe they can start a drum group. I don't know those guys personally so I can't comment on their singing ability, but this is just a suggestion.
Ikce Wicasa is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-26-2001, 09:49 AM   #25
Tuscaroran

I don't know too much about Edisto River, except my sister thinks a lot of the singers are sexy. I won't comment. They were supposed to be in Hillsborough, but I was told that they were having problems. I don't know what kind, because my source didn't elaborate, but one or two singers from the group did show up and my sister was pleased none-the-less... :D
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-26-2001, 01:11 PM   #26

nativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond repute
Tuscaroran-
Yes their was only two there-Andy, my boyfriend and Jesse my bestfriends boyfriend, but the rest was either working or had plans with their church group.Plus alot of them are no longer dedicated to singing.But hopefully they will get a stronger group together and bust out next year if not by the end of this season.
Old 06-26-2001, 01:12 PM   #27
gct

ScarFace can only hope to improve
So NDN Gal What Powwow are you travelling to this weekend? Out of state maybe or Are you the type to stay close to home?
ScarFace is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-26-2001, 02:43 PM   #28

ScarFace-
I was thinking about going to Lumbee Homecoming in NC but the ERS are not going as a group so probably not.I want to go to some out west but with 2 kids it's hard to travel.
Old 06-26-2001, 03:01 PM   #29
NC ChickenDancer

southernsunLum is an unknown quantity at this point
my take on the ERS...

Edistow when I first heard them at the clinton powwow I think it was, they seemed to be in a way fearful of singing out, or something, however when I heard them boys again at Hollister (hollywood), they turned it out! Yeah of course you are going to have them times when you are off beat, or not in tune with one anothers voices, everyone does it, but they had improved so much, it caused me to stop in the middle of conversation and listen to what kind of music those boys were making...keep up the good work boys.. sorry to hear they will not be at Homecoming, but you boys who do come, ERS, pull you up a chair at the drum that saturday..till then later....
southernsunLum is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-26-2001, 03:09 PM   #30

Talking

Thank you for the offer!Me Andy and the kids may come up there but Jesse and the rest of the guys have to work.But I will let Andy know that the offer is there.He really wants to go so......we will see.
Old 06-26-2001, 06:08 PM   #31
Arena Director

Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Wink

Yeah - come on up!!! haha :D

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo
Old 06-26-2001, 06:51 PM   #32
Banned

DancingFawn is an unknown quantity at this point
What's that Elton John song? Something about someone being back, I think.

Thank you,
DancingFawn
DancingFawn is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-27-2001, 12:14 AM   #33
Arena Director

Wink

Hey, you're an Elton fan, too, Dancing Fawn??? That is too cool. I especially like his older stuff - not as crazy about his newer, but I still like him. Off of his Goodbye Yellow Brick Road record, you if you like the [email protected]#$% is back, you probably like Dirty Little Girl, too. And then there's All the Young Girls Love Alice, Social Disease and of course, Saturday Night is Alright for fighting. Little piece of trivia - did you know this was Elton's first double album? Pretty incredible. It's nice to meet folks with similar interests. Thanks for sharing. :)

Tab, if you are coming up here for the Homecoming, lemme know. I may be gone part of that day for my cousin's wedding, but will be back that evening. Just lemme know, girlie. Mi casa es su casa. :D

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo
Old 06-27-2001, 05:22 PM   #34
Arena Director

Wink

Who says I am not doing all those things, Dancing Fawn? ;) It's called Multi-tasking.

And that wasn't an exit - it was an outing. I outted myself because I felt it was time to. And I have taken a break ~ from posting. I never left the board - nor did I stop posting under my name after I identified myself.

I only chose to share a bit about me because I think it is interesting to learn about people from diff regions, their lifestyles, etc. And it was time. For me.

But I don't think I know you, but I appreciate you having such a keen interest in my life. Wow. Thanks. :D

See you all on the trail. ;)

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo
Old 06-27-2001, 05:28 PM   #35
Arena Director

Wink

Sorry I am not at liberty to give out numbers, but if there is something you would like me to pass on to him, I will be happy to do that for you. You may PM me if you like. :)

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo
Old 06-27-2001, 06:33 PM   #36
Pow Wow Visitor

Long Otter is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Smokin' Ace - Do you know Elton John too?!!!! :D ;) If you do can you get a pair of his sunglasses for me? :D ;)
Long Otter is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-27-2001, 08:37 PM   #37
Arena Director

Wink

Oh - okay. Just lemme know.

And check out this one.

And no, Saponi, but I would love to get to meet him one day. You know he lists the words to all his songs in the album jackets. Pretty cool - nice lyrics. Just like these lyrics

Can you feel the love tonight?
It is where we are
It's enough for this wide eyed wanderer
That we got this far
And can you feel the love tonight?
How it's laid to rest?
It's enough to make kings and vegabonds
Believe the very best.

Can't you just feel it, peeps?? :D

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo
Old 06-27-2001, 10:04 PM   #38
Pow Wow Visitor

Long Otter is an unknown quantity at this point
Didn't know you could "sang" Smokin' Ace. :D :D
Long Otter is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-27-2001, 11:19 PM   #39
Arena Director

Wink

Then that guy Injun Basher wrote and predicted that you would not leave the board and asked if you knew so many Native American actors and movie stars why were you still stuck in Robeson County, but that post got deleted by somebody.

From Dancing Fawn, earlier.

For the record, I "chose" to live in Robeson County. I am by no means "stuck". :p

I also wanted to let you know, that I apologize if I wasn't clear in that my interests were in developing a "Native" talent agency in the East - not just in Wilmington and not just in NC. That's what I would like to see happen. But again, I appreciate your concern, Dancing Fawn. ;)

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo
Old 06-27-2001, 11:38 PM   #40
Pow Wow Visitor

saponigirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 8.00
Smokin Ace,
If I recall correctly, you never said you were leaving, jsuut that you were chilling for a while, and you were going to stop being a moderator. I don't now maybe I am wrong. Poeple just seem to be all up in your biz tonight huh? Anyway, just keep on doing what you're doing, cuz ;) Maybe you'll make lil' ol' me a star one day :D
saponigirl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links