Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Singing > Southern Singing Feathering a Drum??? Feathering a Drum???

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-27-2006, 07:26 PM   #101
Honey Connoissuer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Blackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 546.23
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by redthunder
LOL! Damn, this thread really exposes the fakes ay?

LOL....go kiowakat, whome, sokoki_wolf!
not condoneing fakes or wannabes, but Tipis has been here a very long time and has never told anyone she was indian. If you ever ask her she's upfront about who she is.. and she's right, if she did'nt tell someone who she learned things from she'd be labled a liar or making it up... all I ever have heard from indians is , if you cannot name who it was that taught you that, or gave you that right.. then you probably did'nt get it from someone legit or are lying.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:45 PM   #102
aka... NDNKIDZ

OKIE2-64 has a reputation beyond reputeOKIE2-64 has a reputation beyond reputeOKIE2-64 has a reputation beyond reputeOKIE2-64 has a reputation beyond reputeOKIE2-64 has a reputation beyond reputeOKIE2-64 has a reputation beyond reputeOKIE2-64 has a reputation beyond reputeOKIE2-64 has a reputation beyond reputeOKIE2-64 has a reputation beyond reputeOKIE2-64 has a reputation beyond reputeOKIE2-64 has a reputation beyond reputeOKIE2-64 has a reputation beyond reputeOKIE2-64 has a reputation beyond reputeOKIE2-64 has a reputation beyond reputeOKIE2-64 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
i have been sitting back and reading this thread since the first post..i have known kiowa kat for many years..she has put up with alot of crap where she lives..and she is very strong in her convictions.. she doesnt care about skin color.. what she does care about is that if you are not ndn then say it and dont try to be something you are not..kiowa kat never accused tipis just merely asked a legit question..she has a heart the size of texas...but when you have had fakes and wannabe's in your face everyday you get a little crazy sometimes..this is what i came here to say.. kiowa kat? dont be afraid to say what you feel is right.. stay with it.. i am proud to call you my friend...
OKIE2-64 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-28-2006, 09:28 AM   #103
Tiny Tot Dancer

southernsky is a jewel in the rough
Where in the hell do some of you people come up with this $hit? Feathering a drum? This is done around here as a blessing, bless your drum (smoke it off) whatever you want to call it. Don't know what the hell happens in Kentucky! But us (most) Oklahoma people know a little about feathers and what you are and are not suppose to do with them.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:25 PM   #104
Banned

kiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to beholdkiowakat is a splendid one to behold
my ranting of the day ayeeee....

I dislaike NATIVE WANABE'S ......SUPER HOBBIEST ...of the native world.......these people are self righteous and give the native a bad name in the general population....

We have to be all mystical...whimsimcal...just plain out right not who we are...

and the general population has not a clue but by what these self righteous people are doing and saying.

...I think its time, we as natives need to put a stop to these kinds of people...is there some kind of spray for this?? ...lol

It is okay to honor our heritage and even simulate what we do, but quit claiming your native heritage its not helping us out at all...

we are the ones that have to suffer what kind of road these people are laying down and this is not right in my book

If any other native feels this way lets see something happen...am I the only person then that feel this way...I really don't think so lol i hope not hahahahaha....

Last edited by kiowakat; 04-08-2006 at 01:42 PM..
kiowakat is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-08-2006, 07:29 PM   #105
Beadworker

sokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,106.54
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiowakat
my ranting of the day ayeeee....

I dislaike NATIVE WANABE'S ......SUPER HOBBIEST ...of the native world.......these people are self righteous and give the native a bad name in the general population....

We have to be all mystical...whimsimcal...just plain out right not who we are...

and the general population has not a clue but by what these self righteous people are doing and saying.

...I think its time, we as natives need to put a stop to these kinds of people...is there some kind of spray for this?? ...lol

It is okay to honor our heritage and even simulate what we do, but quit claiming your native heritage its not helping us out at all...

we are the ones that have to suffer what kind of road these people are laying down and this is not right in my book

If any other native feels this way lets see something happen...am I the only person then that feel this way...I really don't think so lol i hope not hahahahaha....
you kno i agree with ya KK...and when ina few years or so theres no real ndn's left and a bunch of wannas running around professing to know everything about us,we can say we tried...

TRUDELL FOR PRESIDENT

(and no,this isnt zeek)
sokoki_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-08-2006, 08:23 PM   #106
Teen Dancer

apacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Hello Kiowakat.....

You don't know me,as I am new to this whole forum thing.I first of all wanted to say you do great work!!Second of all,I can fully understand where you and some of the folks posting here are getting at.So much has been taken away from our people and we need to protect what precious little we have left.The Kiowas(from what I know)are very protective of their traditions,which is a main reason why so many are still intact.
When I finally found my father(full-blood),one of the many things he taught me was that our people shared without question,but our spirituality should have remained secret,and unfortunately,that seems to be the most exploited part of our culture,and that saddens me a lot.He also taught me that once people find out you are native,they are going to bother you to no end,and I have experienced that to the fullest as well.
"You will be challenged and questioned by all who seek to just knock you down,and it doesn't matter whether they're NDN or not",was something he always said to me...what a wise man.But I definitely agree with being as respectful as possible to all you encounter,whether you share things or not.Let's not give them a reason to think we are a simple race of people who can't even get along with each other,let alone the rest of humanity.
these folks who steal and make false claims may have their reasons for doing so,but they lay no claim on me,and I won't let them either.There are many nons who totally respect us,our history,and customs,and would never think of exploiting,but they too feel the crunch when the big red steamroller comes a-chuggin' along.....and get crushed right along with the fakes,and it's not fair on them either.Protect whats yours,hold fast to your feelings,stay strong in the eyes of all who wish to find the chink in your armor,but always with respect,confidence,and pride in who you are....keep smilin'1
apacheheart is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-08-2006, 08:37 PM   #107
Teen Dancer

apacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond repute
Talking oh...one more thing...

Kiowakat.....saw your site and while your work is beautiful,the adding of your tribal card on the site did'nt sit well with me.Now,I fully understand why you did it,but I personally think that most people buy the number and not the craft.They could care less about the love and sweat you put into every lovely piece you put out,but base it's value on your tribal enrollment#.That info should really be shared with serious customers and admirers of your work.You deal a lot in ceremonial crafts and only sell certain items to card carrying natives,which is a good thing.We don't want peyote ceremonials to go the way of the catlinite pipe,now do we??.Anyway,just to let you know I would comission something from you even if you didn't put your# on it......keep smilin'1
apacheheart is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-09-2006, 10:34 AM   #108
Beadworker

sokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by apacheheart
Kiowakat.....saw your site and while your work is beautiful,the adding of your tribal card on the site did'nt sit well with me.Now,I fully understand why you did it,but I personally think that most people buy the number and not the craft.They could care less about the love and sweat you put into every lovely piece you put out,but base it's value on your tribal enrollment#.That info should really be shared with serious customers and admirers of your work.You deal a lot in ceremonial crafts and only sell certain items to card carrying natives,which is a good thing.We don't want peyote ceremonials to go the way of the catlinite pipe,now do we??.Anyway,just to let you know I would comission something from you even if you didn't put your# on it......keep smilin'1
AH ...i strongly disagree about ppl buying jst for the enrollment number...i think most ppl who are buying ndn made things like to kno that the person they are buying from is legit and not jst another wannabee scamming money from what they make and saying its ndn made...alot of what KK does is try to educate ppl about the indian arts and crafts law and stop the ever growing onslaught of fake ndn artits/craftspeople....as indian artists we have the responibility to make sure people know we are legit,and not buying some piece of crap made in hong kong...someone looking for indian art online has no way of knowing who they are buying from...even if they ask via email tribal affliation etc theres no way of really knowing...by putting up an enrollment card on her site KK has elimanated any of that problem...there is no question..ive seen many sites online that i thougth at first were legit but after reding more and checking it out,ive come to find out they are in fact jst more hobbiests selling their work...many ndn artists who have websites will state in words their tribal affiliation(s)...personally i wont put my card online but Kk and i have different type cards too...mine is easily copied where as KK's is not...and i wont risk my card being forged or copied....i dont think people buy for the enrollment number...i think anyone who is buying from KK or any other ndn artist is doing so because they do have the love and appreciation of real art ...if they didnt they would be happy buying a rubber tomahawk or hong kong necklace from one of the fake sites...and think about it too...of all the indian art you have seen here in pws.com and other places on the web,how many of the artists do you now know are legit indian artists? you know KK is,because youve seen her card and theres no question...

TRUDELL FOR PRESIDENT

(and no,this isnt zeek)
Old 04-10-2006, 09:02 AM   #109
Fat Singer

billyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond repute
billyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond repute
Not to worry, all us white folks' NDN informants are pretty much all dead or in jail now. I sense things changing.

A for the books, my friends mom who passed away used to tell him things and then say "Make sure you write that in your book" and then laugh becuase she knew it made him mad.
billyjoejimbob is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-10-2006, 09:05 AM   #110
Beadworker

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjoejimbob
Not to worry, all us white folks' NDN informants are pretty much all dead or in jail now. I sense things changing.

A for the books, my friends mom who passed away used to tell him things and then say "Make sure you write that in your book" and then laugh becuase she knew it made him mad.
lmao

TRUDELL FOR PRESIDENT

(and no,this isnt zeek)
Sponsored Links