Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: should Southern eagle have been a host drum?
yes 1 3.13%
no 31 96.88%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Singing > Southern Singing hollywood pow wow hollywood pow wow

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-14-2002, 12:53 PM   #81
Arena Director

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 110.00
Savings: 0.00
Well Brown Hornet, when we began shopping for a company to work with - we sent out all kinds of feelers - I even posted here asking for advice on the best company. We sent letters out to all the suggestions given - and Sunshine was the first to offer us a deal.

I appreciate hearing this feedback, especially on a public forum - because we are helping alot of other groups understand about these things. So far our journey with Sunshine has not been a painful one - I will def keep everyone updated as to the status of our relationship together. If we feel that we are being cheated or wronged or anything - I will let people here know.

As far as Kau-ta-noh, Jrs. goes - we signed the contract with Sunshine a long time ago - am just looking forward to getting our first production going - and we are excited about it.

Thanks again for your words.

Hey Brown Hornet - please tell us more of your recording expertise. I always hear about your recordings - and you seem to always be at some of the best pow-wows. :)

Take care.
Smokin' Ace is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-20-2002, 07:46 PM   #82
Pow Wow Visitor

Okie-dog is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Otter Trail

I just wanted to share some info about Otter Trail. If you look at there last C.D. "The Next Chapter" it clearly gives thanks to both, Don Neconie and Echohawk for all of their help in the begining. Their website does the same. As far as Al Santoz as a person; he and the group have worked hard to be where they are at and he has even been asked to serve as head singer for the oldest Indian club dance in May in Lawton I believe it is. As far as I know, if you ask any top drum group, they wil say that they consider Otter Trail to be one of the top dogs and a close friend of thiers and who has sung with almost every drum group in Ok. As far as name of the group? Look at their website and talk to Johnny Hughes personally because we have heard him say to many that HE gave the group the name and some of those singers still sing with him and were at Hollywood. Maybe YOU should ask THEM ! Mr. Hughes said that the item or "logo" that he could think of that most represented southern plains ways was what the straight dancer wore down his back and was known as the otter drag or trailer or trail. And thats how they got the name. As for who I am? I'm a relative of yours on the Tsoodle/Kaulaity side Mr. Neconie. As for other drum groups; Cozad, Bad Medecine, Thunder, Hammer, SZT, The Bird, S. Boyz.........You guys ROCK!
Okie-dog is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-20-2002, 10:04 PM   #83
Tiny Tot Dancer

echohawk neconie is an unknown quantity at this point
im glad to hear that you are a relative of mine., maybe someday we will meet. But till then I will always have a grudge against some one like Al santos. it wasn't just my dad and I but the rest of the fellas that helped him should have been named not just use.
echohawk neconie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-21-2002, 09:53 AM   #84
Pow Wow Visitor

Thumbs down

Sounds like jealousy on your part nephew. This man has had nothing but good words about you and your dad. By the way; I'll be sure and let him know how you feel. I'm sure he'll be shocked. As for me, I think he's a respectful young man who has served as head singer in Oklahoma and who has learned well. AHO!
Old 02-21-2002, 11:24 AM   #85
Tiny Tot Dancer

Tigerlily is on a distinguished road
Okie- will you please post OT's website address- thanks!
Tigerlily is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-21-2002, 03:38 PM   #86
Pow Wow Visitor

Question

I'm not sure what the web address is, but if you go to Yahoo and type in Otter Trail singers then click on search, you'll find it. That's how I found it. You can also try redrockrecords.com or call Red Rock records. The guys name is Drew Armstronge. Hope you find it.
Old 02-25-2002, 08:36 PM   #87
Southern Eagle

bostic is a glorious beacon of light
hollywood powwow

To every person talking about southern eagle, please don't talk behind there back. Talk to there face, because were willing to listen. To all of you who didn't go to Hollywood powwow, don't talk about what you don't know. You are mad because you weren't host drum. By the way, we did have gourd dance songs, trot songs and everything else they required. If you don't believe us then come to a powwow where we are at, and we will sing them to you. Every song we song was ours. Every song in the powwow circuit, including everyone's songs, has the same chant or sounds. To all the fancy dancers at the powwow, you all were just mad because we blowed you'll up!!!! Mystic River even said that (because they were looking why we were singing). And if you got any questions, don't talk **** about us behind our backs or on the computer, talk it to our face.

Sepecial thanks to Pete for the help on the gourd dance songs. And to everyone else who stuck up for us on the computer. Thanks!!!!

Southern Eagle Singers
bostic is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-25-2002, 09:14 PM   #88
Tiny Tot Dancer

BrownHornet is on a distinguished road
Credits: 160.00
I see all these posts didnt do much for humility!

BH

Last edited by BrownHornet; 02-26-2002 at 01:04 AM..
BrownHornet is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-25-2002, 11:50 PM   #89
Tiny Tot Dancer

SouthernSinger is an unknown quantity at this point
And we're off.............

Not sure what to say, SE. I guess it's good that you regard yourselves in high esteem...I would think I speak for several folks who have heard you guys or know of you guys when I say that you are generally amicable folks. Your refusal to accept constructive criticism, however, has resulted in a pretty embarassing situation. BH may be hitting on something.....humility is where it starts. Your perception is seemingly tainted by your lack of humility. Keep in mind--I'm not trying to bash by any means, just trying to open some eyes and ears. I personally know of folks that have sat in with you, offered criticism, etc., but were pretty much ignored or rejected. I talked with folks that weekend via phone, whom most consider to be reputable singers, and who painted a pretty grim picture of what went on down there. My advice would be to listen to a recording of yourselves singing a song, and then listen to a recording of reputable singers singing the same song. If you listen closely, you should notice some things. I honestly feel sorry for all involved. I had only hoped that it would be a learning experience, and provide some humbling lessons, but obviously it didn't. Humility is a hard lesson to learn sometimes, but certainly worth the effort. Humility is where it starts, or at least starts over.....that's all for now.

Singer
SouthernSinger is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-26-2002, 09:40 AM   #90
Pow Wow Visitor

Hey Bostic!

I had a chance to talk to some folks about you guys including some of the singers from Otter Trail and Young Bird and they said some good things about you guys, like how polite you guys were and that you guys are off to a good start. DON"T for whatever reason think that they would be the one's talking ****! They started out just like you guys and had it rough in the beginning also. As far as Pete; If he's quick to critize groups he used to sing with who are clearly good groups, what makes you think he's going to talk good of you guys? Don't take my word for it. Just ask; Cedar Tree, Otter Trail, Southern War Pony, and others. As a matter of fact ask Joe Fish, Jack Anquoe, Ralph Zotigh, Duckie Anquoe, and others what they really think about Pete and his "voice". Be careful boys! He's just looking for fans. When he get tired, he jump to the next group. You'll never see him on Bad Medicine, Cozad, Yellowhammer, Sizzortail, Young Bird, or any other group. By the way; In case you didn't know; He has stated many times who he thinks is and isn't indian and should and should not sing because of this and trust me, to him; you all aren't indian and shouldn't sing. If you don't believe US, Piss him off and you'll see what he say's about you all. You boys are doing a good job, and you guys don't have to prove to anyone that you are indians and whatever you do, keep up the good work and look to the past and know not to trust Pete Neconie. And he's my relative.....Bay Gaw!
Old 02-26-2002, 03:56 PM   #91
Tiny Tot Dancer

ndn_ave is an unknown quantity at this point
southern eagle didnt have the best sound i have ever heard but a least they where all singing.which is more than i could say for some drum groups. i think them guys just need to kick it up a little higher,because they have the power there not a quit drum group just sing a little to low for me but it all comes with time so keep it up and well see yas some where.
Old 02-26-2002, 07:04 PM   #92
Junior Dancer

dawning is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 930.00
Unhappy

hey there bostic.... i have met you times before and at them times you have come off to be a very respectable young man. i had thought of you to be a good person, but what i have read here of what you have wrote makes me think about my thought of you.this is not the way to handle what they are throwing at you guys. if i was you i would take the criticism and think about it. i then would make that my goal to be better and to eventually show others of what you are really made of. i would not make myself sound as immature as you are sounding right now. it sounds as if you are in high school again picking a fight. but hey i am only me and it is up to you what you want to think. i still respect you and your drum but think about the situation here. prove others wrong in a good way not a negativ way. i was always told that if you accepted to do the good you would get back four fold in what good you put out.
:Chatter "Mitakuye Oyas'in":Chatter
Old 02-26-2002, 08:08 PM   #93
Tiny Tot Dancer

X49ER is on a distinguished road
Credits: 613.00

Last edited by X49ER; 02-09-2010 at 01:50 PM..
X49ER is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-04-2002, 02:02 PM   #94
Pow Wow Visitor

pawnee Warrior is an unknown quantity at this point
Okie-dog, have you ever met Echohawk or his family? I am sure that he is not jelous of This group otter trail as you say he is. And if he was ever to get pissed off at a group he wouldn't have any thing to say to them after that and I know he will not talk bad about them. His family has taught him how to be humble when times come to something like this. As far as singing with other groups he has sang with some of these groups that you are mentioning. All he was telling everyone is that you shouldn't rush to criticize this group becuse they are not the only one's at fault here, the committee is as well. As for Otter trail Ask Al what he did to create this problem before you you try to figure who is right and who is wrong. As for him singing with other groups if he does he does, If he dosent he doesn't. Please PM me would like to know how you are related to echohawk and his dad.
pawnee Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-05-2002, 09:22 AM   #95
Pow Wow Visitor

Hey Pawnee Warrior,

It's because I know him and because we all know him that things are said about him. If you would like; let's ask various people about his character. By the way, for your info.; go back and read all of his posts and really analize them, and show me HUMBLE! As far as me, my mom is a Tsoodle on her mom's side and a Kotay on her dad's. My father is an Anquoe on his mom's side and a Kaulaity and Chibitty on his dad's. I'm only 1/4 Comanche. That's probably why I'm so dang ownery..aye china! Bay gaw.
Old 03-16-2002, 12:17 PM   #96
Tiny Tot Dancer

echohawk neconie is an unknown quantity at this point
hey folks im back my pc is working fine now, Hey okie-dog for your info I have not put any ghroups down or critisized any of them. I have stated that we all start some where when we sing because no one is perfect starting out singing. Because I don't want people to miss understand what im talking about , and by the way Never have i said I had the greatest voice either. And I am a humble person from what my parents have taught me, it just makes me mad when a groups startes out and people are ready to jump on them for a small error in judgement. so I am finished and have a good day.
echohawk neconie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-18-2003, 01:37 AM   #97
Eater of all frybread!!

Fat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond reputeFat Albert has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,435.60
Savings: 1.00
Glad this was a while ago, all this drama... not what that Grandfather was meant for...
Fat Albert is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links