Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Singing > Southern Singing Honoring people with songs? Honoring people with songs?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-10-2006, 10:11 AM   #1
Taskahoi Atsuti

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
LSS has a reputation beyond repute
LSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 278.94
Savings: 1.00
Honoring people with songs?

How do you or other people honor others with songs?
The protocal out in the arena is set, but, do you...

1) ask that persons permission?

2) set it up for them to show up at the pow wow?

3) just learn the song and hope they show up to a pow wow?

I think I posted this a long time ago under my longer name. I can't remember and I can't find it.

So, what do you say?
To get a true picture of your purpose in life, you only get the whole picture when you listen with your mind, your ears and your heart. This way The Creator has a direct connection with you and only you...no outside interference.

When you follow the will of IT that created you, understanding that your purpose is not for you...but for IT and all that IT has created, there can be no wrong except failure to be obedient. Only then do we jeopardize the gifts we are given.

Its not the final destination that defines us, rather the journey taken!
LSS is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-10-2006, 03:38 PM   #2
nobody

suthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 394.00
Savings: 0.00
I've heard 2 ways of it being accomplished.
1. The person/family/society etc can request a person to compose a personal song, and present it during their special.

2. Someone can make a song and gift it to a person/family/society etc in private, then organize a singer (perhaps not the composer) to present this song during the special.

These are just 2 that I have heard in the past, not necessarily the only methods. I'm sure that there are many more.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:47 PM   #3
Taskahoi Atsuti

LSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond repute
Does this vary from your tribes/nations teachings to another?
To get a true picture of your purpose in life, you only get the whole picture when you listen with your mind, your ears and your heart. This way The Creator has a direct connection with you and only you...no outside interference.

When you follow the will of IT that created you, understanding that your purpose is not for you...but for IT and all that IT has created, there can be no wrong except failure to be obedient. Only then do we jeopardize the gifts we are given.

Old 06-21-2006, 09:30 PM   #4
Tiny Tot Dancer

Kiowa Boy is on a distinguished road
Credits: 0.00
LSS,

Most of the time if some one is lookng to have a song made for them the family will come to you with a gift or tobbaco. They will request you as a singer if you could make that for them, from that point on it is up to you to make that decision to accept or decline for that request. I have a friend that said she wanted to have a song made for and I accepted to do that for her, Her song was sung last weekend at Shenandoah that was whistled on Saturday evening. So the choice is your on what you decide to do, But it is a big honor to be asked to make a songs for an Individual.
Kiowa Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-14-2006, 07:01 PM   #5
Taskahoi Atsuti

Lets say someone has really touched you....

If you could compose a song for someone who has touched you, or done something outstanding in you mind that should not go unrecognized, would that be reason enough to warrant a song from you?

Old 08-14-2006, 07:02 PM   #6
Taskahoi Atsuti

hmmmm....a little off topic....

If you were to go to someone and ask them to compose a song for you, and or your family, who would you ask?

Old 08-15-2006, 01:16 PM   #7
~*Southernz Elite*~

SBZ4life has a spectacular aura about
Credits: 0.00
Hmm Tobacco...what if you dont smoke? lol...everyone has to have a song...even my dog has a song...and my mule I stole from some pawnees...

" say what I feel, I say what I think, I say what you do not like, Yet for some reason what I say is somewhat correct" Chief Big Beef 1999
SBZ4life is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links