Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Singing > Southern Singing Idiot Insults DRums Idiot Insults DRums

Closed Thread LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-15-2005, 11:07 AM   #81
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 140,303.06
Savings: 1.00
[Topatoya QUOTE=> Yes I have read it Dad, but this conversation is about out of tune drum groups and out of step dancers and a tribe of indians without a Native Tongue singing unknown words in compotision at pow wows not to win souls for jesus and his church,they perform to win the compotision. These singers have no ideal what they are saying when performing these pow wow songs the lord do not understand these songs that have no meaning at all the words are in theses songs are useless as bubble gum in your hair. These drum groups attend these pow wows to perform in compotision not praiseing the master jesus,so please Dad don't confuse pow wow compotision with the love and teachings of jesus when the songs and the words don't exist,,God bless you Dad.

Yes topatoya, this originated as a post for out of tune singers and drummers. It was you who brought in Lumbee political issues! Not once, in my posts, have I made a derogatory comment about you. No, I am not a Lumbee. Yes I DO know about Lumbee political issues. As a former Director of one of the Indian organizations in NC, I have seen the struggle for Federal Recognition. Not only Lumbee, but all the other tribes in NC. Yes, I have walked the state and federal legislative halls concerning these issues. Yes, I have sat in many conferences concerning Lumbee Federal Recognition issues. No, I am not Lumbee. YOU are! What are you doing about Federal Recognition for YOUR tribe? So far, you have talked about out of tune drums, politics and religion. Truth is, I don't think you know what it is to be 'INJUN'! I believe this thread will close. But maybe that's what you want because you can't answer the questions posted before you. Stop the name calling. Let the singers sing and the drummers drum, out of tune or not. Live a good life and focus your energy toward's YOUR tribe's Federal Recognition!

<----Joe

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 02-15-2005, 11:13 AM   #82
Banned

Topatoya is infamous around these parts
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
[ QUOTE> msLum91>> First of all, I never said anything about anyone being beaten. I just wanted to see what their reactions would be.

Secondly, Please don't offer any prayers for me. I don't know what god you're serving but it's not the same God I serve.

As for everything else, all I can say is "Whatever". I do hope one day you find peace with who you are.............................Your reply is saying that if i disagree with your bros, i would get spit on,hit on,curst at,or kicked,or they would stand there and make a big seen in front of the whole tribe because i tell the truth. I'm sorry friend but I will pray for you,because the god i serve don't believ in lieing and INTERFEREING in things just because you want the attention,,,NOW PLEASE,,,DON BE HATEING,,GOD BLESS,,PRAYING FOR YOU.

http://topatoya.dmusic.com/

Topatoya
Old 02-15-2005, 11:32 AM   #83
{|}Stoney Creek{|}

[]FlyByNyte[] has a reputation beyond repute[]FlyByNyte[] has a reputation beyond repute[]FlyByNyte[] has a reputation beyond repute[]FlyByNyte[] has a reputation beyond repute[]FlyByNyte[] has a reputation beyond repute[]FlyByNyte[] has a reputation beyond repute[]FlyByNyte[] has a reputation beyond repute[]FlyByNyte[] has a reputation beyond repute[]FlyByNyte[] has a reputation beyond repute[]FlyByNyte[] has a reputation beyond repute[]FlyByNyte[] has a reputation beyond repute[]FlyByNyte[] has a reputation beyond repute[]FlyByNyte[] has a reputation beyond repute[]FlyByNyte[] has a reputation beyond repute[]FlyByNyte[] has a reputation beyond repute[]FlyByNyte[] has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 300.00
dang still no responce

Quote:
Work like you don't need the money, Love like you've never been hurt, and Dance like no one is watching.
Old 02-15-2005, 11:45 AM   #84
Banned

[ quote joes dad>

Yes topatoya, this originated as a post for out of tune singers and drummers. It was you who brought in Lumbee political issues! Not once, in my posts, have I made a derogatory comment about you. No, I am not a Lumbee. Yes I DO know about Lumbee political issues. As a former Director of one of the Indian organizations in NC, I have seen the struggle for Federal Recognition. Not only Lumbee, but all the other tribes in NC. Yes, I have walked the state and federal legislative halls concerning these issues. Yes, I have sat in many conferences concerning Lumbee Federal Recognition issues. No, I am not Lumbee. YOU are! What are you doing about Federal Recognition for YOUR tribe? So far, you have talked about out of tune drums, politics and religion. Truth is, I don't think you know what it is to be 'INJUN'! I believe this thread will close. But maybe that's what you want because you can't answer the questions posted before you. Stop the name calling. Let the singers sing and the drummers drum, out of tune or not. Live a good life and focus your energy toward's YOUR tribe's Federal Recognition!....................................

<----Joe)))))

With respect i say mr joe i admire your accomplishments and your pull in goverment, and i allso know that theres other tribes out there without federal reconistion but my concern is us Lumbees I watched my grandfather and my grandmother,my father and my mother die and they all fought a strong fight for our homeland and for our leader to do the right thing and carry the Issue of a reservation to congress and lay it on the table becauise if it's not done that way we will never win this 100 year struggle,and DAD i'm sure you all ready know this,,Songs and drums are ment to be in tune no matter what type of music it is,, I do have the right to express my opinion friend even if it make all tribe mad,god bless you dad,,,Joe,,NOW,,Don't Be Hateing.

Topatoya
Old 02-15-2005, 11:47 AM   #85
Banned

Topatoya

As i sit here and think of the last 100 years of the LUMBEE struggle for our indian rights and our homeland,reservation... Yes I am jealous of other Indian Nations that have a reservation and the right to be called a Nation of (( AMERICAN INDIANS )) We LUMBEES have some of the smartist Lawyers,judges and civil workers in America, these are the people that represent us in congress.Not once have our Leaders mention OUR need for a reservation,land.... Befor a Constitution was written and a tribal council was elected the Issue of LAND was the first priorty. After the issue of a reservation is resolved THEN a LUMBEE CONSTITUTION is to be written and a tribal council voted in. But here in our tribe,they wrote a LUMBEE CONSTITUTION and ELECTED A TRIBAL COUNCIL AND SUPREME COURT,,WITHOUT A REZ, WITHOUR LAND TO GOVERN... What give the rest of the INDIAN NATIONS THE RIGHT TO HAVE THESE THINGS AND THE LUMBEE NATION NOT,,WE HAVE TO STAND TO THE SIDE AND BEG TO BE A PART OF THE MANY NATION OF INDIANS.SO FREAKS MAYBE IT WILL TAKE A IDIOT TO BRING ABOUT CHANGE BECAUSE THE BEST OF OUR PEOPLE LAWYER AND SUCH HAS FAILD FOR THE LAST 100 YEARS.,,,,,We know other tribes will not help us in our struggle because they are afraid to stand up with us and use only our mouths a weapons to get our LUMBEE INDAIN rights. You people talk like you are for the Lumbees but the truth is you are afraid to get involved in the Lumbee fight for our homeland. Don't you dare expect me to run from this POW WOW.COM,,I WILL BE BANNEDAND BLOCK BEFOR I GIVE IN TO A GROUP OF FLUNKIE INDIAN LAUGHING AT OUR STRUGGLE TO BE AS OTHER INDIAN NATIONS,,,NOW,,Don't Be Hateing,, and please pritice your drums,,,god bless.

Topatoya
Old 02-15-2005, 12:17 PM   #86
Smell my cookin'

The Rock has a spectacular aura about
Credits: 40.00
don't be hatin'....

; )

Why do you all feed into this craziness.....it's obvious this guy isn't typical Lumbee or typical anything.... I think Lowry gang's point came across loud and clear....

Just leave him alone. He's obviously a little out there and a bad reader and no matter what anyone says to him he's gonna think he's right and on a crusade.

It's hard to fight psychosis especially on the internet and none of us here I don't believe are qualified to do so.

This is another thread that needs a good explosion to end it's misery...

Sorry if you're offended topey....but i'm not gonna respond if you come after me or pray for me....whatever you wanna call it. So...do it if you must, but I wouldn't waste my time on me.... ;)

Later,
Rock
Old 02-15-2005, 12:24 PM   #87
Banned

Topatoya

(((((((((( NOT TRUE,,,,, PLEASE DON'T BE HATEING ))))))))

Please folks you are replying with different computer ip addresses and different LOGIN NAMES hehehehehehe hmmmmm hehehehe.Signing on with differnet ip well help thsi thread get banned right Snowbird,Crow,and the other on this THREAD. honor WHERE hmmmmmm hehehehehe,,,,,
==========================================

As i sit here and think of the last 100 years of the LUMBEE struggle for our indian rights and our homeland,reservation... Yes I am jealous of other Indian Nations that have a reservation and the right to be called a Nation of (( AMERICAN INDIANS )) We LUMBEES have some of the smartist Lawyers,judges and civil workers in America, these are the people that represent us in congress.Not once have our Leaders mention OUR need for a reservation,land.... Befor a Constitution was written and a tribal council was elected the Issue of LAND was the first priorty. After the issue of a reservation is resolved THEN a LUMBEE CONSTITUTION is to be written and a tribal council voted in. But here in our tribe,they wrote a LUMBEE CONSTITUTION and ELECTED A TRIBAL COUNCIL AND SUPREME COURT,,WITHOUT A REZ, WITHOUR LAND TO GOVERN... What give the rest of the INDIAN NATIONS THE RIGHT TO HAVE THESE THINGS AND THE LUMBEE NATION NOT,,WE HAVE TO STAND TO THE SIDE AND BEG TO BE A PART OF THE MANY NATION OF INDIANS.SO FREAKS MAYBE IT WILL TAKE A IDIOT TO BRING ABOUT CHANGE BECAUSE THE BEST OF OUR PEOPLE LAWYER AND SUCH HAS FAILD FOR THE LAST 100 YEARS.,,,,,We know other tribes will not help us in our struggle because they are afraid to stand up with us and use only our mouths a weapons to get our LUMBEE INDAIN rights. You people talk like you are for the Lumbees but the truth is you are afraid to get involved in the Lumbee fight for our homeland. Don't you dare expect me to run from this POW WOW.COM,,I WILL BE BANNEDAND BLOCK BEFOR I GIVE IN TO A GROUP OF FLUNKIE INDIAN LAUGHING AT OUR STRUGGLE TO BE AS OTHER INDIAN NATIONS,,,NOW,,Don't Be Hateing,, and please pritice your drums,,,god bless.

Topatoya
Old 02-15-2005, 12:33 PM   #88
Lovin' life,

Mato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Mato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 260.00
Yawn.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topatoya
pritice your drums

Topatoya

Old 02-15-2005, 02:59 PM   #89
Ladies Traditional Dncr

grneyendn is an unknown quantity at this point
As a Lumbee woman not being primary raised in NC, I still value the importance of being "Lumbee" or Indian for that matter. Like what has been stated so many times in the thread. To be Indian and to know you are Indian does not mean that you have to live on a reservation. My father has been a minister all my life and I have grown up dancing in powwows all my life as well. I know who my creator is and I know that being a christian is not putting down what others beleive in and hold dear to there hearts. I know that dancing at powwows is a blessing to me and a spiritual connection with my creator giving me the same feelings as going to church on Sunday mornings.

I am happy with who I am. I am a 28 yr old PROUD Lumbee woman who does not need to live on a reservation to know who I am and where I come from. I agree that more of my people should be involved with there culture and should want to know about the things that we have lost and be supporters in trying to get it back but it starts with people who care about what we have now, not about what we could have had then and what we should have now!!!

Yeah...It's improtant to Lumbee people to be respected, not so much to be recognized. But that comes from the way you carry yourself. I have close friends from may tribes and have traveled all across the US where other tribes treat me as family. If people judge Lumbees unjustly it's only because of remarks made by this gentleman. I mean no disrespect you at all and if offended please accept my apologies.

I am just concerned....I have a 2 yr old son who I keep active in powwows. He dances and he loves to sing. No your right, he does not understand what he is singing but his elders (the members of the drum groups) see how important it is to pass on to him what they have been given, take up time with him to teach him the songs. It is my job and the elders jobs to teach him what he is singing about and to respect that drum and the circle around him. So what if the Lumbees have lost their traditional tongue. If other nations have reached out to our local drums and invited them to sing - then yes, It is okay for my child to sing songs from other nations as they are still powerful and spiritual. My bible says to make a joyful noise unto the Lord. I don't recall it saying that anything has to be perfect. It my eyes - hearing local drums like Southern Sun and Stoney Creek - well that is perfect to me.
Old 02-15-2005, 03:20 PM   #90
Banned

Topatoya

I am glad that your son is involved in the Lumbee pow wows friend and im glad you are a honest Lumbee, but friend you will be forever be lost as a real indian without our own reservation because through out time from the beginning indians of all tribe know without a reservation or land of our own we will never be a real Nation of AMERICAN Indians.I am proud that you and your son are active in the Lumbee pow wows. Land to a Indian Nation is more important then LIFE ITSELF, and those that here argueing that they don't need a reservation are blinded by the new order of Indians that hold no honor and will never know what a homeland means because they know nothing about being INDIAN. PLEASE READ THE BELOW message,,,NOW,,,Don't Be Hateing..god bless............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................As i sit here and think of the last 100 years of the LUMBEE struggle for our indian rights and our homeland,reservation... Yes I am jealous of other Indian Nations that have a reservation and the right to be called a Nation of (( AMERICAN INDIANS )) We LUMBEES have some of the smartist Lawyers,judges and civil workers in America, these are the people that represent us in congress.Not once have our Leaders mention OUR need for a reservation,land.... Befor a Constitution was written and a tribal council was elected the Issue of LAND was the first priorty. After the issue of a reservation is resolved THEN a LUMBEE CONSTITUTION is to be written and a tribal council voted in. But here in our tribe,they wrote a LUMBEE CONSTITUTION and ELECTED A TRIBAL COUNCIL AND SUPREME COURT,,WITHOUT A REZ, WITHOUR LAND TO GOVERN... What give the rest of the INDIAN NATIONS THE RIGHT TO HAVE THESE THINGS AND THE LUMBEE NATION NOT,,WE HAVE TO STAND TO THE SIDE AND BEG TO BE A PART OF THE MANY NATION OF INDIANS.SO FREAKS MAYBE IT WILL TAKE A IDIOT TO BRING ABOUT CHANGE BECAUSE THE BEST OF OUR PEOPLE LAWYER AND SUCH HAS FAILD FOR THE LAST 100 YEARS.,,,,,We know other tribes will not help us in our struggle because they are afraid to stand up with us and use only our mouths a weapons to get our LUMBEE INDAIN rights. You people talk like you are for the Lumbees but the truth is you are afraid to get involved in the Lumbee fight for our homeland. Don't you dare expect me to run from this POW WOW.COM,,I WILL BE BANNEDAND BLOCK BEFOR I GIVE IN TO A GROUP OF FLUNKIE INDIAN LAUGHING AT OUR STRUGGLE TO BE AS OTHER INDIAN NATIONS,,,NOW,,Don't Be Hateing,, and please pritice your drums,,,god bless.

Topatoya

Topatoya
Old 02-15-2005, 03:57 PM   #91
Lovin' life,

Mato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Mato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond repute
I appreciate your passion for what you believe. I have seen many people come on this site and be equally passionate and un relentlessness in their stand no matter how repetitive it becomes. One thing they do that you don't is to try to expand on their thoughts. Not just copy and paste the same thing over and over.

I think you would do much better to take this passion and energy and take it to the Capitol. If you don't see change coming......then go out and make it happen. If not for you .......for your future generations that also will not have their "tribal lands."
Old 02-15-2005, 03:59 PM   #92
NC ChickenDancer

southernsunLum is an unknown quantity at this point
just a question....

I would like to know how a Native living on a rez, compared to a Native not living on a rez makes or defines someone "REAL AMERICAN INDIAN.." than the other????

I agree with flybynyte, if you are from the house, especially Robeson County..it in itself is a rez..good enough for me.

On my earlier reply.(or should I say the reply that someone else put under my screen name...hint, hint Get your own %@$! screen name by the way!!) ....

Its true that we have lost our language and many of our traditions, thats what happens when you lived on the East Coast where the "Invasion" started you have to adapt.. but to say that some of the drums from this area who's members are Lumbee and that they have no idea what they are singing for or about is mad wrong, and untrue.. I can speak for myself and my drum that any, any, word song we decided or even attempt to work up, someone, if not our head singer knows the meaning or translation of that particular song.. and for straight songs or vocalable songs..you know the ones without words just vocables; (being you are so very experienced in powwows and powwow music you should know or be able to tell the two apart..)

I know why I sing, I know the meaning of why I sing..I am, no I feel sorry for you that you can not see past that spot inside your head that blocks what so many of us find joy and contemptment in... A connection with the Creator..

I also believe that you really need to come on back to the house, because it is clear you were not raised around here, and the morals of our people are definitely not instilled with in you...You would find a tribal council who for the most part are for the best interest of our people, with any group of people you can never please them all,,,a prime example is your self, the reason for all of this foolish talk.
People you never hear about working their you know what off to better the tribe... I dont need a rez, to call my self Native, I know it everyday I take a breath, kick out a wicked lead, everytime I see a hawk fly by me or in the sky, where the Creator is letting me know that everything is going to be alright...you pray for all these people on this tread...maybe you should also ask them to pray for you...

Now I have done my best to hold back the anger, and not let myself become ignorant because of the harsh words that you say, but when it comes to my Drum, my Drum family, my traditonal family as well as my tribe; which you are claiming to be apart of..I take it to heart...be wise of the words you blow, because when it makes its circle, and it will, it may have become a storm directed right back atcha....
Old 02-15-2005, 04:08 PM   #93
Tiny Tot Dancer

Los is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

I'lll continue to keep you in my prayers and hope that the creator will help you in finding your answers. I implore you all to pray for T tonight. He needs it. Poor ignorant guy.
Old 02-15-2005, 04:51 PM   #94
Junior Dancer

lumbeedancer is a name known to all
Dude!
You can't tell me that Saddletree, Prospect, Wakulla, Pembroke, and every other little community between them that is almost exclusicely home to, and owned by, nothing but Lumbees isn't a home land!

There are about 2 million Indians in this country divided up between about 600 tribes. Lumbees number just over 50,000 people. Which means that of those 600 tribes one out of every 20 Indians is Lumbee and of those Lumbees 80-90% of them live in the same place! Which basically means that Robeson County (excpecially the Interior of it where all of those communities are located) is the densist most heavily concentrated population of American Indians in EXISTANCE! If that's not a G$% D@#$ homeland I don't know what is! It might not have that little federal stamp on it, but Robco is about as rezzed out as it gets!

If you'd spend a little less time listening to yourself speak there's a lot more that you might know as well!

For one thing, not that a reservation has anything to do with validating us or anything, you might know that our tribal council has puchased 700+ acres of land just in the last year or so. Who's to say what they'll have in another decade or so!

Another thing you might know is that some of the words that our Siouan speaking ancestors spoke were handed down or recorded, and many of the songs written by drums like Southern Sun are composed in that language!

Equally important to know is that most pow wow songs (yes even those that are'nt composed by Lumbees, which ironically is most of them) "ARE NOT WRITTEN IN WORDS" most pow wow songs are composed in vocables!

Dude, if you've got some questions about the tribal council, what their purpose is, etc... just call down there and ask somebody, hell give me a PM or something, I'd be happy to answer any of your questions. But stop making a fool out of yourself and embarrassing the rest of us in the process!
Old 02-15-2005, 05:40 PM   #95
Banned

Topatoya

My friends i don't care if 80,000 indians live in the same
neighborhood and close enough to spit on each others porch. Than don't spell nothing,to be a tribe of AMERICAN INDIANS and have a indian goverment we first must have a land to govern. Because pembroke is full of Lumbees and robeson county is full of Lumbees it don't mean nothing, this is funny a Tribe of Indians trying to convence themself that a reservation don't mean anything,,,well it means with your kind of thinking we will never get our reconistion and we will be crying for years to come.. Theres not one person on this entire THREAD that answer my questons,,you people are so FUN-NAY and the other tribes know that a Indian Nation without Land is not a NATION,,,,,,,,Pityfull that you people don't care about A rez about land ,a Nation for our people. Those that don't care are the ones thats holding us back because they don't know what a Nation means, It means if you are a Nation,you have Land,,if your not a nation you don't have Land AND the United States Of America will never reconize us as a NATION,,,,,DUH,,,HONOR,,,,WHERE?,,,,NOW,,DON'T BE HATEING god bless............................................. ......................Please read the message below you are nothing without a rez AND THE FEDS KNOW THIS As i sit here and think of the last 100 years of the LUMBEE struggle for our indian rights and our homeland,reservation... Yes I am jealous of other Indian Nations that have a reservation and the right to be called a Nation of (( AMERICAN INDIANS )) We LUMBEES have some of the smartist Lawyers,judges and civil workers in America, these are the people that represent us in congress.Not once have our Leaders mention OUR need for a reservation,land.... Befor a Constitution was written and a tribal council was elected the Issue of LAND was the first priorty. After the issue of a reservation is resolved THEN a LUMBEE CONSTITUTION is to be written and a tribal council voted in. But here in our tribe,they wrote a LUMBEE CONSTITUTION and ELECTED A TRIBAL COUNCIL AND SUPREME COURT,,WITHOUT A REZ, WITHOUR LAND TO GOVERN... What give the rest of the INDIAN NATIONS THE RIGHT TO HAVE THESE THINGS AND THE LUMBEE NATION NOT,,WE HAVE TO STAND TO THE SIDE AND BEG TO BE A PART OF THE MANY NATION OF INDIANS.SO FREAKS MAYBE IT WILL TAKE A IDIOT TO BRING ABOUT CHANGE BECAUSE THE BEST OF OUR PEOPLE LAWYER AND SUCH HAS FAILD FOR THE LAST 100 YEARS.,,,,,We know other tribes will not help us in our struggle because they are afraid to stand up with us and use only our mouths a weapons to get our LUMBEE INDAIN rights. You people talk like you are for the Lumbees but the truth is you are afraid to get involved in the Lumbee fight for our homeland. Don't you dare expect me to run from this POW WOW.COM,,I WILL BE BANNEDAND BLOCK BEFOR I GIVE IN TO A GROUP OF FLUNKIE INDIAN LAUGHING AT OUR STRUGGLE TO BE AS OTHER INDIAN NATIONS,,,NOW,,Don't Be Hateing,, and please pritice your drums,,,god bless.

Topatoya
Old 02-15-2005, 06:09 PM   #96
Lovin' life,

YOU read this message below...if you can get your head out of your butt long enough!

I appreciate your passion for what you believe. I have seen many people come on this site and be equally passionate and un relentlessness in their stand no matter how repetitive it becomes. One thing they do that you don't is to try to expand on their thoughts. Not just copy and paste the same thing over and over.

I think you would do much better to take this passion and energy and take it to the Capitol. If you don't see change coming......then go out and make it happen. If not for you .......for your future generations that also will not have their "tribal lands."
Old 02-15-2005, 11:27 PM   #97
I don't do this for fun!

TacO5000 has a reputation beyond repute
TacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 232.00
Thumbs up my favorite lumbee by NDNTacO49!

my favorite lumbee is not a man that lives in NC or the east coast. He coaches a B-Ball team!! that dawns the colors crimson and cream!!! He's my man Calvin Sampson Boomer Sooner Baby!!!
Old 02-16-2005, 07:06 AM   #98
Banned

Topatoya

[ QUOTE>MATO>>I appreciate your passion for what you believe. I have seen many people come on this site and be equally passionate and un relentlessness in their stand no matter how repetitive it becomes. One thing they do that you don't is to try to expand on their thoughts. Not just copy and paste the same thing over and over.

I think you would do much better to take this passion and energy and take it to the Capitol. If you don't see change coming......then go out and make it happen. If not for you .......for your future generations that also will not have their "tribal lands.".......................................,,,,,,,,,,,

(( Im sure you have seen a lot of other indians come on this site and get other reds mad, but how many of them was seeking a homeland a reservation for thier people? The others came without issues like our people without a Land to govern as a Nation and the lumbee still think they are a indian Nation because all of them lives in a small town together own by the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA not the Lumbee.All the cities in robeson county has, a Mayor, city councilman, Police department,sherriff department,exc that is govern by people employed by the STATE AND CITIES OF NORTH CAROLINA. Instead of them being concern about our homeland,our reservation,they are concern about DRUMS and singing and don't realize that all thier music and all thier drums in Beatin and playing for a tribe without a homeland reservation. Through out the last 100 years of failure to be reconized by the Fedredal goverment as a Nation they got used to the ideal that a Indian Nation don't need a reservation because it is not important,this is what they believ because our leaders don't know the real Issues on being a real Nation of AMERICAN Indians WE MOST HAVE A RESERVATION. If you know so much my brother about the indian goverment you tell the people what a Nation is and why a Nation have a CONCTITUTION,,,,,NOW DON'T BE HATEING,,GOD BLESS.

Topatoya
Old 02-16-2005, 02:54 PM   #99
Pow Wow Visitor

Lowry Gang is on a distinguished road
Lumbee Insults Drums and Dancers

Just a few days after I posted this thread in Native Issues I realized that it should be in Singing. Shortly after I posted it here in Singing I noticed that it had no replies but did have many veiws. I was not concerned about replies but I was happy to see that many have veiwed it and read it and hopefully responded directly to this Topatoya person.

I was amazed at what I saw last night and today with the replies from this Topatoya I was truly ashamed of the responses from this person if they really are Lumbee. The original quotes about Drums made me sick to start with but the quotes here are utterly disgusting.

I still don't know who this person is though. I checked out some sites and see that the picture is of a man but one bio is written in the female gender? Does anybody in Lumbee Land know this person? What is the deal?

It would greatly appear that this Topatoya can read and write (not spell) but they can not comprehend because if so they should see that many have answered the questions or comments or whatever and that some have even proved things this person says they have not done like insult others besides just the Drums and Dancers.

I can not belive the stuff they have posted. FIRST: I started this thread and it was open to all to inform them of this person insults to the Native American Drums. It is not a Lumbee Thread. SECOND: As some have already mentoined this person has no concept of Native American Music - they are trying to describe the music in what they call western art music terms of keys and tune etc. I don't know a lot but I did learn in music class that many cultures do not really have the concept of keys, etc. THIRD: The Lumbee do have a language. A dialect of the Lumbee language has survived and is still spoken and can even be studied at two N.C. Universities. It has also been the subject of books and even a PBS documentary. I hear it all the time in the Prospect area not to mention all over Robeson and even parts of Hoke, Scotland and Cumberland Counties in N.C. as many Lumbee do. FOURTH AND MORE: It is a shame that this person has turned insults to Drums into a soabox about the Lumbee and Lumee issues that this person does not even come close to understanding.

My friends, sisters and brothers: I plead to you again to not judge any tribe or group by the rants and rave of this person and I thank all you have tried to reason with this person too. I wish I could apologize but then again he is creating this own problem.

Thank you for your time.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:56 PM   #100
Banned

Topatoya,Lumbee Language DUH don't you mean English with a accent

This is a QUOTE from Mato Winyan from the general discussion
Forum,,,,Quote>>.. SHOULD POW WOW SONGS BE SOLD

Mato Winyan,,,(( maybe the question should be...

Should they be sold, given, traded, and etc?
--
In other words .. should they be made so readily available to the general population that has no idea of what the songs
mean or represent.
--
Should there be a history and teaching be included with them?

How about a warning label.... singing these songs maybe be a hazard to your health?? :p................................................ .

Lowry this show just what a Idiot you are friend,,The language you call Lumbee in prospect is english and it came from england, when you say hello the world understands what you are saying because all you have is a accent not a Lumbee Language. In Mato own words,,,(( In other words should they be made so readily avilable to the general population that has no ideal of what the songs mean or represent,,,,,,,,,,,,Wrong again my friend you are a drummer,, mr Mato and CROW has thier own Language and when the speak it if you are not a member of thier tribe or have taken thier language in a class in school you will not understand what they say when they speak to you in thier NATIVE TONUGE. The english Language you call LUMBEE is used by the intire UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.This go to show people that you have no Ideal what you're talking about and you are angry because i have a opinion about drum groups that don't pritice enough to perform in public. You have no ideal what A RESERVATION means all you want to do is play drums and be a part of the UNITIED STATES OF AMERICA'S INDIAN NATIONS, but without our homeland you will be dreaming that same dream when you are a old man. You started this thread by calling me names and i had the right to come here and defind myself. Do you know how ignorant you sound when you say we have a lumbee language in front of the whole Lumbee Tribe when they know you are tripping and you actually beleive this crap that coming out of your SPIT MAKER. I will be praying for you my friend and ask the lord to please help you and to please talk to you in english if he talks to ,because the only language you under stand is ENGLISH. so tune your drums and have a great time because thats all your gona get, the thought of our own reservation and reconistion is farther away now than it's ever been thanks to people like you and other that have no ideal what a Reservation NationMEANS.,,,,Now,,,Don't Be Hateing,,,god bless.

Topatoya
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread