Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Singing > Southern Singing Memorial Song for Beirut Memorial Song for Beirut

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-12-2003, 08:39 PM   #1
a Peace of.........

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Peacekeeper83 has a reputation beyond reputePeacekeeper83 has a reputation beyond reputePeacekeeper83 has a reputation beyond reputePeacekeeper83 has a reputation beyond reputePeacekeeper83 has a reputation beyond reputePeacekeeper83 has a reputation beyond reputePeacekeeper83 has a reputation beyond reputePeacekeeper83 has a reputation beyond reputePeacekeeper83 has a reputation beyond reputePeacekeeper83 has a reputation beyond reputePeacekeeper83 has a reputation beyond reputePeacekeeper83 has a reputation beyond reputePeacekeeper83 has a reputation beyond reputePeacekeeper83 has a reputation beyond reputePeacekeeper83 has a reputation beyond reputePeacekeeper83 has a reputation beyond reputePeacekeeper83 has a reputation beyond reputePeacekeeper83 has a reputation beyond repute
Location: just where the southern plains end...and the hill country begin...
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Memorial Song for Beirut

Does anyone know if there has been a Memorial song made for Beirut?..I have been told by some there was..but noone seems to know it...this year is the 20th anniversery of the bombing of the Barracks in Beirut where 241 Marines,Sailors and Soldiers Died...in the year and a half Marines were in Beirut.....271 died..
It is important to me to find out about a song....since I was there in 83. I appreciate any help you can give me...
Old 10-14-2003, 05:01 AM   #2
Tiny Tot Dancer

49singer is an unknown quantity at this point
I am by no means an expert, so don't take this as gospel, but i've been singing about 18 years, and i'm not aware of a Beruit memorial song. I will of course ask some of my more knowledgable sources and share what i find out. If you do find one, i'ld be interested in who made it, and to hear it.
49singer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-14-2003, 08:56 AM   #3
BikerBoyNDNStyle

DANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant future
Credits: 70.00
Please, if anyone finds out that there is such a song, let me know. I was in the Marine Corps during that time, stationed at Camp Lejeune, NC. When the bombing happened, I was put on stand by to go over there to help with the clean up. I still get tears in my eyes just thinking about it.:(

"Semper Fi"
Old 10-15-2003, 02:49 AM   #4
Tiny Tot Dancer

49singer is an unknown quantity at this point
I can relate dancineagle, was in the Army. Knew a bunch of folks at Kobar towers, Suadi when it was bombed. also served in Desert Storm 1, get choked up when thinking about Kobar towers, and still get chills up my spine when Old Glory passes by. Will definetly see what I can find out this weekend. With it being the 20th anniversary, if there isn't one, maybe someone could make one. Just a thought.
49singer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-16-2003, 12:22 PM   #5
BikerBoyNDNStyle

DANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant future
Credits: 70.00
49singer, I was in Desert Storm 1 as well. I still think about the time I had over there. Some good and some bad. Hopefully, we can find a song to pay tribute to our fallen brothers and sisters.

Stay strong and be encouraged.

"Semper Fi"