Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Singing > Southern Singing Old Glory Old Glory

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-12-2004, 10:00 AM   #41
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
tradish 4 you is on a distinguished road
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
first off not once did i ever say you all sucked and never would i either

as far as the drum war thing that powwow judge is atempting to do i am not gonna play into that either

questioning the way a person or group does something is a humbling experience and if you can take the questions without exploding you can become more respected

as far as me if something was posted about the drum i sing with on here good or bad i would not say anything either way. people have opinions and the right to say what they want thats what makes this country wonderful
but anyways nope you guys don't suck at all i am a northern boy so thats what i know and thats the bases of how i ask my questions so if its excepted to sing a flag song with english words in it in the southern traditions cool more power to you.

its been said so many times before but think of it this way over 500 recognized tribes in this country and each and everyone of them vary in one way or another either slightly or complete opposites there are lord knows how many unrecognized tribes so basically no ones right however the human nature is to say i am right your wrong so the argueing will naturally continue

hey all enjoy the cold weather!:)
try not to get sick
and toksa ake
dave
tradish 4 you is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-12-2004, 11:33 AM   #42
Pow Wow Visitor

singingboy is an unknown quantity at this point
I think that if a song like this was written in the old days, and if it moved people-be it with english lyrics or not- then the old timers would have sung it. For the simple fact almost every one knows what it means and everyone that hears it knows what it pays tribute to, The proud Native people of this country. And the respect that it gives to the veterans who fought and gave their lives for our right to pow wow and teach our grandchildren what our grandparents have tought us. How to be proud native people.
singingboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-12-2004, 05:34 PM   #43
Pow Wow Visitor

powwowjudge is infamous around these parts
southern druming

There is no drum war. This is the way each one of you should have spoken before. You just finally did it.
powwowjudge is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links