Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Singing > Southern Singing Singer of non native origin Singer of non native origin

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-22-2006, 03:31 PM   #41
Taskahoi Atsuti

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
LSS has a reputation beyond repute
LSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 278.94
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownHornet
Havent posted here in a few years. Surprised my name is still tossed around! Dont worry, ive all but quit singing.

Brown Hornet

And I might add that he "blows" with the best of them.
To get a true picture of your purpose in life, you only get the whole picture when you listen with your mind, your ears and your heart. This way The Creator has a direct connection with you and only you...no outside interference.

When you follow the will of IT that created you, understanding that your purpose is not for you...but for IT and all that IT has created, there can be no wrong except failure to be obedient. Only then do we jeopardize the gifts we are given.

Its not the final destination that defines us, rather the journey taken!
LSS is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-22-2006, 10:55 PM   #42
nobody

suthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 394.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSS
LMAO. dang guy. thas ok cuz hes a punk newayz.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:35 PM   #43
Pow Wow Visitor

trapstar99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
that aint the only reason but we get tired of typing. and plus there are rules to this powwows.com so we cant get kicked off. bc then theres no way to pick on folks. A-town 4life. a-town stay down.
trapstar99 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-22-2006, 11:43 PM   #44
nobody

suthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond repute
hey "cuh" why don't you take that gangsta stuff to ndnsports hip hop forum. This one in particular is about "Southern Singing" not no URSHER or lil jon bs. What you know bout dat?
Old 02-24-2006, 12:50 AM   #45
Tiny Tot Dancer

BrownHornet is on a distinguished road
Credits: 160.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSS
Mr. Moderator,

Please clarify your statement so I may make an adequate rebuttal.

Brown Hornet
BrownHornet is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-24-2006, 08:37 AM   #46
Holy Indian Taco Batman!

hobbs49 has a reputation beyond repute
hobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 49.99
Quote:
Havent posted here in a few years. Surprised my name is still tossed around! Dont worry, ive all but quit singing.

Brown Hornet
So BH, I guess that I wasn't around much when you were active here. But why would you "all but quit singing" if people are still talking about you in a good way? Seems that if you have the gift you'd want to use it. Secondly, why would people be worried? Just trying to figure out the history of PW.com
hobbs49 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-24-2006, 12:41 PM   #47
Tiny Tot Dancer

BrownHornet is on a distinguished road
Credits: 160.00
nothing

I was active on this board for several years when it first began. I chose to distance myself from it due to the fact that the southern singing forum became inundated with the same type of topics of ?whos the best this? or ?whos got the best that?. It seemed to be a place for lots of folks to post rantings about themselves with pseudo names, just to inflate their own egos.

I can honestly say that I have sung with the best of them. They range from the famous head singers of most of these drums listed on here to many of the old guys that nobody ever mentions. Something that I find in common with most of ?the greats?, is their attitude and humility. I would venture to say that most of them could care less about what powwows.com or thinks of their keen voice or how high they can sky. It is however just conversation I suppose. Passes the time when you have nothing more constructive to do?I guess.

As for me; my job moved me out of OK and I guess I was sorta spoiled with being able to sing every weekend and not have to drive more than an hour or so. Now, I really just don?t feel like driving. When I do go to powwows, the drum seems to be full of lots of non-singers making it more difficult for those that do sing. You hate to question their reason but it sure makes it hard to make good music. I guess that?s why there are so many individual groups today. But anyway??

As for me, some gifts are better left at home. I generally dislike seeing my name listed in these forums and use to ask the moderator to delete it whenever it came up. I hadn?t been on here in a while so I was shocked to see it pop up again. I especially don?t like to be compared to other individuals. For those of you that know me; you know that I am quite unique and I don?t like to be grouped or stereotyped.

Let me get off this soapbox before I fall!

Brown Hornet
BrownHornet is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-25-2006, 09:32 AM   #48
Taskahoi Atsuti

LSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Mr. Moderator,

Please clarify your statement so I may make an adequate rebuttal.

Brown Hornet
"Blow".....

as defined in my previous post...singing with confidence, knowledge and strength

I have nothing to hide. You know who I am. You and I sat across from one another about a month ago....three drums apart.
To get a true picture of your purpose in life, you only get the whole picture when you listen with your mind, your ears and your heart. This way The Creator has a direct connection with you and only you...no outside interference.

When you follow the will of IT that created you, understanding that your purpose is not for you...but for IT and all that IT has created, there can be no wrong except failure to be obedient. Only then do we jeopardize the gifts we are given.

Old 02-25-2006, 09:42 AM   #49
Taskahoi Atsuti

Quote:
I was active on this board for several years when it first began. I chose to distance myself from it due to the fact that the southern singing forum became inundated with the same type of topics of ?whos the best this? or ?whos got the best that?. It seemed to be a place for lots of folks to post rantings about themselves with pseudo names, just to inflate their own egos.

I can honestly say that I have sung with the best of them. They range from the famous head singers of most of these drums listed on here to many of the old guys that nobody ever mentions. Something that I find in common with most of ?the greats?, is their attitude and humility. I would venture to say that most of them could care less about what powwows.com or thinks of their keen voice or how high they can sky. It is however just conversation I suppose. Passes the time when you have nothing more constructive to do?I guess.

As for me; my job moved me out of OK and I guess I was sorta spoiled with being able to sing every weekend and not have to drive more than an hour or so. Now, I really just don?t feel like driving. When I do go to powwows, the drum seems to be full of lots of non-singers making it more difficult for those that do sing. You hate to question their reason but it sure makes it hard to make good music. I guess that?s why there are so many individual groups today. But anyway??

As for me, some gifts are better left at home. I generally dislike seeing my name listed in these forums and use to ask the moderator to delete it whenever it came up. I hadn?t been on here in a while so I was shocked to see it pop up again. I especially don?t like to be compared to other individuals. For those of you that know me; you know that I am quite unique and I don?t like to be grouped or stereotyped.

Let me get off this soapbox before I fall!

Brown Hornet

Hornet,

I hear where are you are coming from.

I think now, more than ever, more and more people (if they haven't done so already) are recognizing you for being you and the things you have accomplished. This is not to say that everyone has, or even will. The way I, and I'm sure a lot of other people, see it is that this attitude towards the "gift" as hobbs49 describes it is one of humility and accomplishment. Not that I am saying you are, but that is nothing to be ashamed of. And your qualifications, as you have mentioned, people know these things and respect you for your "care" of the drum, the songs and the way of our people.

This is why and where you and your name are "grouped" or "stereotyped" with those names.

aho

Old 02-25-2006, 09:31 PM   #50
nobody

well hell.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:47 PM   #51
Blacksmith

Gledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond repute
Gledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond reputeGledanh Zhinga has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,702.79
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoMe
Hey,

Where does Drew and Darsh fit into this thread?

Has anybody ever been.... Darshed? *L

Abe Conklin used to say, "See Darsh over there? He's the only real Indian at this dance!" BOL
Gledanh Zhinga is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links