Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Singing > Southern Singing Southern Pow Wows Southern Pow Wows

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-24-2003, 11:39 AM   #21
Alibamu-Koasati

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
superdj126 has a reputation beyond reputesuperdj126 has a reputation beyond reputesuperdj126 has a reputation beyond reputesuperdj126 has a reputation beyond reputesuperdj126 has a reputation beyond reputesuperdj126 has a reputation beyond reputesuperdj126 has a reputation beyond reputesuperdj126 has a reputation beyond reputesuperdj126 has a reputation beyond reputesuperdj126 has a reputation beyond reputesuperdj126 has a reputation beyond reputesuperdj126 has a reputation beyond reputesuperdj126 has a reputation beyond reputesuperdj126 has a reputation beyond reputesuperdj126 has a reputation beyond reputesuperdj126 has a reputation beyond reputesuperdj126 has a reputation beyond reputesuperdj126 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 625.02
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally posted by SBZ4life
and DONT GO TO TEXAS POWWOWS!!!
aw Chaddy u know u like comin down here to AC land....fugger LMAOOOOOO!!!!!:p
superdj126 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-02-2004, 06:55 PM   #22
~*Southernz Elite*~

SBZ4life has a spectacular aura about
Credits: 0.00
Quote:
Originally posted by Ponca Papa
I'll tell ya what's wrong with them Texas powwows! STINK SINGING! Example- Chad Tachawikah (that Bannock thighs lovin man) is a great singer. He's an Okie. Lance Tachawikah (his Ponca wannabe brother) absolutely SUCKS! He's a Texan. But I guess thats all they have down that way. Them Bear Claw or Black Bear boys are good ones though. Sorry if I tore the name Chad. I can only spell in Ho-chunk and Ponca...aye! I got one for ya.
Ain't nothin sweeter than a Ponca......
Even if from the land of Willy Wonka!
Dr. Phil
Its ok....cant no one spell my name....

" say what I feel, I say what I think, I say what you do not like, Yet for some reason what I say is somewhat correct" Chief Big Beef 1999
SBZ4life is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-02-2004, 06:57 PM   #23
~*Southernz Elite*~

SBZ4life has a spectacular aura about
Credits: 0.00
Quote:
Originally posted by ac_miss
Hmmmmmm...wonder if I should respond to this....it's funny because I see you in Texas, too. :D :devil
Hmmm~I was head singer there once...went to the Stockyards.went to some powwow in downtown D-town, & some powwow out in the sticks...I can count that on one hand. oh yea....Traders Village...lots of mexicans there.....

" say what I feel, I say what I think, I say what you do not like, Yet for some reason what I say is somewhat correct" Chief Big Beef 1999
SBZ4life is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-03-2004, 12:20 AM   #24
Senior Dancer

sltate has a reputation beyond repute
sltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 101.00
What's up with the Ponca wannabe? Is he not Ponca?

Anyways, Stroud and Walters, Ponca and Red Rock are the best oklahoma pow wows to go to . They are run by their tribes therefore you are basically at their tribal homecomings and treated with great hospitality. Alot of home cooking, tribal cooking, good visiting and a chance to see some tribal traditions that are great.
(of course I am biased since I am Ponca/SAc&fox/Otoe and married to a Comanche. ha ha)
sltate is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-03-2004, 01:02 AM   #25
hello

Items Present
superndngyrl has a reputation beyond repute
superndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,091.95
Quote:
Originally posted by sltate
What's up with the Ponca wannabe? Is he not Ponca?

Anyways, Stroud and Walters, Ponca and Red Rock are the best oklahoma pow wows to go to . They are run by their tribes therefore you are basically at their tribal homecomings and treated with great hospitality. Alot of home cooking, tribal cooking, good visiting and a chance to see some tribal traditions that are great.
(of course I am biased since I am Ponca/SAc&fox/Otoe and married to a Comanche. ha ha)
dang i was all agreeing with you til you said you was Ponca... aye china! :)
Old 01-03-2004, 05:32 PM   #26
Senior Dancer

sltate has a reputation beyond repute
sltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 101.00
I like Texas pow wows too. I have been to several and usually they are run by Okies who are transplanted in Texas. LOL But they have really nice pow wows and really treat their visitors good. I always go to Livingston, Grand Prairie, Houston, Austin, Stockyards(their pow wow is always fun) Crowell, have been to "moving waters" a few years ago and they were really nice.
I have nothing against Texas pow wows because their staffs are always good to their visitors. LIvingston is an excellent pow wow that is run by their tribe and they are sooooo nice.
And yeah, I am Ponca...my mom's full blood and was born and raised in the White Eagle vicinity. All my aunties and cousins still live, or have lived there. Brought into the arena, brought my kids in there, and even though we were raised with the Sac&Fox tribe, we have our roots there too. (My Ponca Grandpa told my mom that since she married out of the tribe, her kids belonged to my dad and his family thus that is where we were raised, our clans are his, etc. the same goes for me...I was told the same and my kids are raised in the Comanche area, their band is their dad's etc.)
But Oklahoma and Texas pow wows are all nice to attend.
sltate is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links