Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Singing > Southern Singing Wanna Be's or could be's? Wanna Be's or could be's?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-27-2003, 01:56 AM   #21
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
DungHill is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Yeah, I was joking too.... Hes a fair singer. I think he could use a bit more practice on them rough spots.

Last edited by DungHill; 02-27-2003 at 01:59 AM..
DungHill is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-27-2003, 03:27 PM   #22
Tiny Tot Dancer

singing_badass is just really nice
okay i have to lend my 2 cents here!
I do think you all have gotten way off track here.......its crazy to read these posts and see that some people have the nerve to give out peoples names up in here. I mean .......damn.....some people are fair and most are not! My point is ....you read alot of smut that is not always true.....and is jealously coming through!

To reply to SBZ......I think its all about where you are and the atmosphere...........for example you go to the east coast and you'll see ALL KINDS OF CREATURES sitting at the drum. lol.
But when you come home its all real.....and the HOBBIEST that you see at commerical powwows are not at the drum around here.....because they are out of their element....or they should feel out of place! and yeah sometimes i think head singers are too kind or should i say shy to correct some people. For instance what would you do??? If a black guy (someone you didnt know) came up to sit at your drum .....when you're headsinger!
singing_badass is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-27-2003, 03:57 PM   #23
Tiny Tot Dancer

BrownHornet is on a distinguished road
Credits: 160.00
I agree with singing-badass...Too many names posted here. Believe it or not some people dont like to see their names splattered all over cyberspace.

BH
BrownHornet is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-27-2003, 06:14 PM   #24
~*Southernz Elite*~

SBZ4life has a spectacular aura about
well....If a "non" native sits at the drum, if he wants to learn then he has the right to sit there, you gotta have a want to and you also have to have a gift of singing, I believe.

And about people splattering names all on the internet or on this powwows.com deal. I said NO names to start with....

" say what I feel, I say what I think, I say what you do not like, Yet for some reason what I say is somewhat correct" Chief Big Beef 1999
SBZ4life is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-25-2004, 07:21 PM   #25
junior dancer/singer

medicineboisingincuz is an unknown quantity at this point
here ya go

ok im overhere on the eastcoast and thats all there is in ga is hobbiest. nevertheless this is also where berky monoessy lives.so whats the problem with hobbiest powwwos? everything is what you make of it. a name is a name. thats all it is. a powwow is a powwow. u r the one that creates the good feeling and good healing atmosphere. no me i've been singin around a buncha cominatches ma hole life and i'd consider myself comanche before cherokee. but.... the way i was taught was u open that drum to anyone who will respect it, sing on it, serve it, and treat it right. jus cuz a guy got skillz dont mean u cut him down. u give him constructive critiscism. give him a designated spot to sing on if need be(i hate when its offbeat too). its all about singin the right song for them dancers to tell their stories. so u give em songs to dance to and if someone wants to sit in you let them help u serve them dancers. thas jus wut ive been taught.(victor tachiweika,berky and neil mo, kahoo burgess, rc mowatt. im out yall il be in lawton july 4th then its off too cortez. lata
Old 05-26-2004, 12:22 AM   #26
f you!

kiowa captive is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking what the ehll!

BH,

You sound just like some one I know!

but, I think that if you can sing you can sing if you can't everyone knows the second a sound comes out of your mouth, I only know of a hand full of non Indian singers that can sing and most of them are truely nice guys that would help you out in'a second. and love singing!

Wheres the love!
kiowa captive is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-26-2004, 03:16 AM   #27
I don't do this for fun!

TacO5000 has a reputation beyond repute
TacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 232.00
Savings: 1.00
I've noticed that when you have a white guy or black guy it doesn't sound the samn as when its all NDN around the drum.
And the younger NDN singers of today don't sound like the old heads? Myself I enjoy sitting at a drum looking around and seeing all skins.... Always gives me a good feeling!
Old 05-26-2004, 12:27 PM   #28
Fat Singer

billyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond repute
billyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond repute
NDNTACO - I agree, I can always pics out white guys singing from Indian. NDN singers have that certain sound.

BROWNHORNET - I also agree with you about the being humble and all the other points you brought. A lot of this is overlooked nowadays.
billyjoejimbob is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-26-2004, 10:01 PM   #29
f you!

kiowa captive is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking DUUUUhhh! the white guy at the drum is always White no Sh** t dumb A**

You must be from OK, I am white as they Get and I can sing Indian with any of them, BH won't reply. but I will if you see me you will know Me, 6'5, 290, Red hair and proud to be a Kiowa Captive if you see me at a pow wow come and say Hi.

If you have Problem come up after the dance and see me, will talk.. No problem.

Dan,

come see Me say hi tough Guy!
kiowa captive is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-27-2004, 02:27 AM   #30
Tiny Tot Dancer

western_wishes is an unknown quantity at this point
all i gots to say is that
Drew Armstrong
Bo Limbaugh
Marvin ? (from Texas)
can sing with the best of them no matter what!!! they got the teachings, the respect, and the humbleness(is that a word) and thats all you need!!!
western_wishes is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-27-2004, 02:38 AM   #31
Teen Dancer

travelingmocs has a reputation beyond repute
travelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond reputetravelingmocs has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Being Humble

Singing is a powerfull thing, and I see alot of people, white and indian just get out there and beat the hell out of the drum and try to sing. Now I am no expert on singing. But there is alot being lost out there at the drum. I do not think it shoud matter as to what your skin color is but how hard you work to sing the right way.

Now some indians will yell at me for what i say, and thats fine they have that right. But I hear veteran songs being used for contest and all types of stuff going on around a drum that should not happen. As BH said singings need to learn about being humble and respectfull to the drum, and learn to be a servant to the dancer

Last edited by travelingmocs; 05-27-2004 at 05:53 PM..
travelingmocs is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-27-2004, 11:55 AM   #32
bl@ckfoothoney

expert huh......LMao
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-27-2004, 02:04 PM   #33
Justa Dreamer

Vision_Dreamer has a reputation beyond reputeVision_Dreamer has a reputation beyond reputeVision_Dreamer has a reputation beyond reputeVision_Dreamer has a reputation beyond reputeVision_Dreamer has a reputation beyond reputeVision_Dreamer has a reputation beyond reputeVision_Dreamer has a reputation beyond reputeVision_Dreamer has a reputation beyond reputeVision_Dreamer has a reputation beyond reputeVision_Dreamer has a reputation beyond reputeVision_Dreamer has a reputation beyond reputeVision_Dreamer has a reputation beyond reputeVision_Dreamer has a reputation beyond reputeVision_Dreamer has a reputation beyond reputeVision_Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndn_ave
go help them out .................................AYE!

I agree with you , if they can't sing help them out, everything happens for a reason, so obvisioly they're there to learn, Creator knows what's best he will ultimatly let you know what to do...
Vision_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-28-2004, 04:31 AM   #34
Brownhighlites n my Kawds

durty-kawdayz49 has a reputation beyond reputedurty-kawdayz49 has a reputation beyond reputedurty-kawdayz49 has a reputation beyond reputedurty-kawdayz49 has a reputation beyond reputedurty-kawdayz49 has a reputation beyond reputedurty-kawdayz49 has a reputation beyond reputedurty-kawdayz49 has a reputation beyond reputedurty-kawdayz49 has a reputation beyond reputedurty-kawdayz49 has a reputation beyond reputedurty-kawdayz49 has a reputation beyond reputedurty-kawdayz49 has a reputation beyond reputedurty-kawdayz49 has a reputation beyond reputedurty-kawdayz49 has a reputation beyond reputedurty-kawdayz49 has a reputation beyond reputedurty-kawdayz49 has a reputation beyond reputedurty-kawdayz49 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmocs
Singing is a powerfull thing, and I see alot of people, white and indian just get out there and beat the hell out of the drum and try to sing. Now I am no expert on singing. But there is alot being lost out there at the drum. I do not think it shoud matter as to what your skin color is but how hard you work to sing the right way.

Now some indians will yell at me for what i say, and thats fine they have that right. But I hear veteran songs being used for contest and all types of stuff going on around a drum that should not happen. As BH said singings need to learn about being humble and respectfull to the drum, and learn to be a servant to the dancer
Veteran songs as contest songs?? you must started those contest songs? Depending on certain songs the way you sing it, makes it either a war dance song or veterans song. Take my family song for instant when you sing it stright(No Words) it is a song that can be used for intertribal or contest. If you throw the words in it then it becomes a veteran song....
When it comes to beating the drum there are drummers and there are singers. I have been told to sing as hard as I hit the drum. Thas what I do. After a weekend of singing I can hardly talk thas how I do it ya know!

Durty
Old 06-09-2004, 11:12 PM   #35
gct

ScarFace can only hope to improve
Horse dung!!!!!!!

I think Singing bad *** Is full of horse dung!!!!!!!!!
Sorry only kidding!!!!!!!
NOT REALLY!!!!!!!
ScarFace is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-09-2004, 11:14 PM   #36
gct

ScarFace can only hope to improve
Sorry web master But Horse Dungg!!!!!!!!!

Don't let insiders say the wrong title!!!!!!!!
ScarFace is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-10-2004, 11:45 AM   #37
Junior Dancer

Fancy Maiden has a reputation beyond reputeFancy Maiden has a reputation beyond reputeFancy Maiden has a reputation beyond reputeFancy Maiden has a reputation beyond reputeFancy Maiden has a reputation beyond reputeFancy Maiden has a reputation beyond reputeFancy Maiden has a reputation beyond reputeFancy Maiden has a reputation beyond reputeFancy Maiden has a reputation beyond reputeFancy Maiden has a reputation beyond reputeFancy Maiden has a reputation beyond reputeFancy Maiden has a reputation beyond reputeFancy Maiden has a reputation beyond reputeFancy Maiden has a reputation beyond reputeFancy Maiden has a reputation beyond reputeFancy Maiden has a reputation beyond reputeFancy Maiden has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 250.00
what makes me mad is when there is a good singer on a drum and he gets mad at the head singer and decides that he is goin to sit at the drum with his mouth shut and drum off beat. And I hear the other guys on the drum saying that he is just trouble, and he is! Thats my two!
Sponsored Links