PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture (http://forums.powwows.com/)
-   Southern Singing (http://forums.powwows.com/f19/)
-   -   What Drum Group do you sing with? (http://forums.powwows.com/f19/what-drum-group-do-you-sing-37583/)

Kiowawolf 02-23-2007 11:27 AM

What Drum Group do you sing with?

this is a Question most ask when some one finds out that you are a singer, to me it's annoying.. being an Independent person..and for whatever reason this is important to the person asking is beyond me..it should be a non-issue however singing is a Blessing if you notice there maybe one singer to about three dancers and one for ten audience members..so I don't have a Paticular drum group it's just something I've been raised into...:hypocrite :shades_sm

suthernwaterbird 02-23-2007 11:45 AM

I guess you could consider me a hmm free agent? I sing with anyone that asks me, as long as its reasonable ofcourse..but when I get my crew together its WATERBIRD for lyfe... but like I said, I'll sing with anybody.

RedShield 02-23-2007 12:26 PM

I'll sing whenever and wherever I can... but the drum I sing with most often are the Red Shield Singers... hence the name... LOL

LITTLE DOG 02-23-2007 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suthernwaterbird (Post 891637)
I guess you could consider me a hmm free agent? I sing with anyone that asks me, as long as its reasonable ofcourse..but when I get my crew together its WATERBIRD for lyfe... but like I said, I'll sing with anybody.

I KNEW YOU WAS CHEAP AND EASY JAKE HEE HEE

apacheheart 02-23-2007 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedShield (Post 891727)
I'll sing whenever and wherever I can... but the drum I sing with most often are the Red Shield Singers... hence the name... LOL

HEHHEH...me too.I love to sing,and will sit with anyone who will let me,but in particular with the Red Storm Drum and Dance Troupe,Iron Feather Singers,Silvercloud Singers,Itchy Dog,Ninham Mountain Singers,Black Horse Butte,Otter Trail,and Mystic River.Many of the singers on these drums are good friends of mine,and I love singing with them....keep smilin'1

LSS 02-23-2007 09:21 PM

From the center drum to anywhere in the "Woodland" area, I have had a seat...but when WE travel...we are none other than Red Oak!

RedShield 02-25-2007 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSS (Post 891977)
From the center drum to anywhere in the "Woodland" area, I have had a seat...but when WE travel...we are none other than Red Oak!

If you ever make it up our way LSS, come on over man!

LSS 02-26-2007 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedShield (Post 892258)
If you ever make it up our way LSS, come on over man!

Will do...the same goes for you!

WhoMe 03-01-2007 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apacheheart (Post 891976)
HEHHEH...me too.I love to sing,and will sit with anyone who will let me,but in particular with the Red Storm Drum and Dance Troupe,Iron Feather Singers,Silvercloud Singers,Itchy Dog,Ninham Mountain Singers,Black Horse Butte,Otter Trail,and Mystic River.Many of the singers on these drums are good friends of mine,and I love singing with them....keep smilin'1

*L

Itchy, Dog, singers?

Do all the singers have scratchy voices?

*L

Whose the lead singer?

*L

suthernwaterbird 03-01-2007 03:55 PM

Itchy Dog...I bet the lead singer is..Mr. Meatpie from Madische...lol
don't he just look like a overgrown prarie dog..? LOL

WhoMe 03-02-2007 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suthernwaterbird (Post 894802)
Itchy Dog...I bet the lead singer is..Mr. Meatpie from Madische...lol
don't he just look like a overgrown prarie dog..? LOL

suthern,

I just told my coworker that someone said Sambo looked like "a overgrown prairie dog!"

He laughed and told me that "Mr. Meatpie from Madische" was half Cheyenne?

Dang I wonder if he puts puppy in his meatpies?:confused_

suthernwaterbird 03-02-2007 10:54 AM

HAHA heck yea that guys cheyenne...and he won't NEVER get right either...I got some stories with that guy...you ever notice when he points..he kinda bends his arm like ma uncle No-Shame..

"hey boy...sing that DAYUM song right WEEEYAA???"

southern_xtreme2k5 03-06-2007 09:00 PM

<?>

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<---------------thats who i sing wit ;)

cakewalk 03-20-2007 01:35 AM

i will sing with anyone willing to let me help out, biut as a individual singer....i enjoy learning from my unc, Gene Logan, and leonard Cozad, and my bro, Ryan! well that whole McCloud, shawnee area bunch is a fun one to be around. Really brought me back to singing, the way it was ment to be done.

Dtwosnakes 03-20-2007 09:55 AM

I do the best I can, and I sing with Redshield Singers

LITTLE DOG 03-20-2007 10:54 AM

I Try To Sing With Southern Drums But An Old Man Can't Sky Anymore

Mud_Woman 03-20-2007 12:16 PM

It is a blessing to be a singer. Every now and then I sing back up with the groups I know. When I sing its like weight is taken off my shoulders and I feel good. :smile:

TacO5000 03-20-2007 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LITTLE DOG (Post 907102)
I Try To Sing With Southern Drums But An Old Man Can't Sky Anymore

????? sounds like a onxymoron to me ?????? likes to sing southern but can't sky.....

Mud_Woman 03-23-2007 12:29 PM

To me it dosent matter if you TRY to sing or you sing. I have friends from a southern group and they always tease me about my singing. When I drive I like to sing along with blacklodge and northern cree.

I know its not my place to step on toes, but as a singer we all have to be open minded.

Mud_Woman 03-26-2007 12:38 PM

Good Morning To All.